does replacing intake manifold really increase hp - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2004, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car:
Mods:
greengsr2k is an unknown quantity at this point
does replacing intake manifold really increase hp

hey guys i have 00 gsr and i have stock intake manifold,ive been thinking for a while now purchasing the skund 2 intake manifold,will i notice increase in hp, how much,is it worth the money, is it street legal i already have i/h/e
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2004, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: E92 M3
Mods:
IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!
the skunk 2 looks like a stock one, so it'll most likely pass a visual..

HP gains, depending on what you have..like you stated, I/H/E so you won't see THAT much of a gain..

if anything i'd recomend getting a DH Racing intake manifold
Old 03-06-2004, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car:
Mods:
greengsr2k is an unknown quantity at this point
how bout the jg edelbrock intake manifold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-2004, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mods:
IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!
Quote:
Originally posted by greengsr2k
how bout the jg edelbrock intake manifold
the victor X IM is overkill in my opinion....

if you have forced induction, then go for it..

for now, spend your money somewhere else
Old 03-06-2004, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 2k dc2
Mods:
sassage has a spectacular aura aboutsassage has a spectacular aura about
the victor x doesnt even make power till 7000,
the skunk to will move your powerband up so if thats what you want buy it.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 95 mustang GT
Mods: Few bolt ons
beemrmem3 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldnt get one tell you at least get aftermarket cams.
1:49.6 Roadcoarse at Pacific Raceway
(cheap street tires)
Old 01-17-2005, 02:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: Civic HB
Mods:
temple is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraXTR
the skunk 2 looks like a stock one, so it'll most likely pass a visual..

HP gains, depending on what you have..like you stated, I/H/E so you won't see THAT much of a gain..

if anything i'd recomend getting a DH Racing intake manifold
i saw that you suggest DH racing intake manifold.
today i receive my custom intake manifold from DH racing and also i wait this manifold 5 months after i pay the payment and also they Guaranteed to beat any manifold on the market.
İf you are thinking that these manifolds has fine work ,this means that you didnt saw really fine worked intake manifold . i didnt see any bad worked manifold until i get custom manifold from DH.
my engine is b16a to stroked 1.8lt and it makes 226 whp with skunk2 im and dh racing tb . on folloing week i'm going to install the dh racing custom manifold after the fine a/f tuning i'll dyno it and write here if DH racing intake manifold gives better power then skunk2 for my engine setup.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 98 Civic CX
Mods: B18C1, AEM CAI, DC 4-2-1, Custom Exhaust, 16x6's, some random dressings here and there.
scottigee is a splendid one to beholdscottigee is a splendid one to beholdscottigee is a splendid one to beholdscottigee is a splendid one to beholdscottigee is a splendid one to beholdscottigee is a splendid one to beholdscottigee is a splendid one to behold
The skunk2 does not look like the stock IM. It looks like a stock Type R or Si manifold but nothing on earth looks like the stock GSR 2-stage manifold.
So you might have some trouble passing a visual (is it CARB exempt?)
But I have heard it is the best I/M out there.

Myself I like to preserve the low end so I'm sticking with the OEM I/M
Old 01-17-2005, 02:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 1991 Acura Integra GS
Mods: Intake
Prelude94' will become famous soon enoughPrelude94' will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottigee
The skunk2 does not look like the stock IM. It looks like a stock Type R or Si manifold but nothing on earth looks like the stock GSR 2-stage manifold.
So you might have some trouble passing a visual (is it CARB exempt?)
But I have heard it is the best I/M out there.

Myself I like to preserve the low end so I'm sticking with the OEM I/M

I love my low end but the top end sucks so much id give a lil low up for some high end power.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: Civic HB
Mods:
temple is an unknown quantity at this point
And also i want custom intake manifold from dh racing. but they sent me cutted the stock b16a intake manifold from the plenum and put a box to there and they did small polish work for the runner work. i attached what they sent to me . DH racing intake manifold
i think this photo can gives an some idea of their works!
Old 01-17-2005, 04:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car:
Mods:
viet_83 is sad...just sadviet_83 is sad...just sadviet_83 is sad...just sadviet_83 is sad...just sadviet_83 is sad...just sadviet_83 is sad...just sadviet_83 is sad...just sadviet_83 is sad...just sadviet_83 is sad...just sadviet_83 is sad...just sadviet_83 is sad...just sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemrmem3
I wouldnt get one tell you at least get aftermarket cams.
intake manifold is usually the last modifications u would do cuz u'll have to do some internal engine works to get more power out of those Intake manifold. At least, that wat i have read and been told.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 2008 Fit
Mods: STOCK
ABCsR2EZ4Me is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by temple
i saw that you suggest DH racing intake manifold.
today i receive my custom intake manifold from DH racing and also i wait this manifold 5 months after i pay the payment and also they Guaranteed to beat any manifold on the market.
İf you are thinking that these manifolds has fine work ,this means that you didnt saw really fine worked intake manifold . i didnt see any bad worked manifold until i get custom manifold from DH.
my engine is b16a to stroked 1.8lt and it makes 226 whp with skunk2 im and dh racing tb . on folloing week i'm going to install the dh racing custom manifold after the fine a/f tuning i'll dyno it and write here if DH racing intake manifold gives better power then skunk2 for my engine setup.
This information here really REALLY leads the original poster on to believe that adding a DH manifold is going to power him into space. If anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassage
the victor x doesnt even make power till 7000,
the skunk to will move your powerband up so if thats what you want buy it.
Is closest to explaining what the effects of an aftermarket manifold will do, but its still miss leading. Basically, adding an IM moves the power band up into a higher rev range. If the motor requires more air because it is capable of producing more power (ie higher compression, FI, NOS etc correct me if I'm wrong) the IM will allow that air that its gasping for to get. You will see gains if you put it on, however the power you lose in the low end must be thought of, and the power you'll make will be later than before. Because I assume you dont know much about IM's and you only IHE, I think a set of cams, cam gears, and something like vafc to tune those with will get more power than an IM. If you're really into making power, then plan out what you really want to do with your car and make a power goal.

Read Up more on there here:
http://www.te am-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=10&TopicID=30683

Please correct me if I'm wrong
Old 01-21-2005, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
strtrcr77 will become famous soon enough
I put a skunk 2 intake manifold on my ls and i can tell a difference in power from about 5000 to 7000, i am satisfied with the power it made.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mods:
haha wow my opinions have changed since last year..

i was gonna get one, but i ended up getting an AN-R =P
Old 01-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: I dont own a car
Mods: fuck off
Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!
awww Alex, you're maturing
Advertisement

Closed Thread