integra reving up and down? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2004, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
steve717 is an unknown quantity at this point
integra reving up and down?

when i am at a light or stop sign my engine revs up and down repeatedly.
what's the problem?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 1996 Acura Integra GSR
Mods:
fathead will become famous soon enoughfathead will become famous soon enough
More details please.

Always does it?
Cold engine?
Hot engine?
Outside temperature?
Mods done?
GSR, LS, Type R?

My Grand Am used to rev up and down, was a dirty MAF sensor.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: I dont own a car
Mods: fuck off
Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!
more details
Old 08-28-2004, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 1995 Integra GSR BG-33P
Mods:
Mr GSR has a Rep problemMr GSR has a Rep problemMr GSR has a Rep problemMr GSR has a Rep problemMr GSR has a Rep problemMr GSR has a Rep problemMr GSR has a Rep problemMr GSR has a Rep problemMr GSR has a Rep problemMr GSR has a Rep problemMr GSR has a Rep problem
Just a guess with the little info, but maybe a vacuum leak. maybe something more....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-28-2004, 11:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 98 BMW 328is
Mods:
Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!
did you adjust the idle speed? sometimes if you over adjust it the computer tries to bring it down and then it will do this. i had a problem in my ol;d DSM of it idling really low and stalling alot at lights....i adjusted the idle speed....a little to high and the computer was trying to correct it. i just brought down the idle speed a smidge and it was fine.

Old 08-29-2004, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 1991 Acura Integra GS
Mods: Intake
Prelude94' will become famous soon enoughPrelude94' will become famous soon enough
I drive a standard and when i let off the clutch my idel drops really low then comes back up. It will also idle a lil uneven sometimes. I think its one of the valves/sensors on my intake. MAybe the iac idk.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car: E92 M3
Mods:
IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!IntegraXTR Um, 1 million? Damn!
i'm guessing bad o2 sensor
Old 08-29-2004, 03:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
jon

Car: 2007 f150 xlt lariat
Mods: Toolbox
jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?jon you're still here?
tps, throttle position sensor. that is the most likley problem. happens all the time
Old 08-30-2004, 07:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
96teg is an unknown quantity at this point
rough idle

My car is completly stock! My car does the same thing when it is at a stop light or any time stopping. It revs up and down. Sometimes it stays at 850rpm and others it stays at 1300 and then every other time the revs jump up and stay at 1450 and the car gets sensitive about pushing the gas pedal and let go. When I push the gas pedal it feels as if the car is downshifting and takes off really quick. When i let go it feel when you rev really high and letting the reving stop, but im at only 2600 rpm when this is happening. I was thinking it could be the distributor not shooting the right amount of electricity. Then the revs go high but i'm not sure. somebody help me!
Old 08-30-2004, 10:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
steve717 is an unknown quantity at this point
it's a 4 door gsr with a intake and thats about it. it does it anytime hot or cold when i first crank it up till i turn it off. it just revs up and down i can push the clutch in and it will stop. hope that helps.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car: 1993 Civic Si
Mods: Too many
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peons
By chance do you have the Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket? Tighten all the bolts on the intake manifold up reasonably tight with a ratchet if you don't have a torque wrench. I know the sound you're talking about its the Idle Air Control Valve, or its a Vaccum leak, on mine it did it too idled at like 800 and would surge up to 1000rpm and back down to 800rpm and it sounds horribly, mine was caused by a bolt coming loose on my AEBS IM which used a Hondata IM gasket between the cylinder head and the IM, tightened it up and it was fine. Could be any number of little things, most likely Idle air control valve, or TPS, or vaccum leak. Good luck.

93 Si - 13.7@101 all motor/street tires stock head bishes...

2006 Laguna Blue Pearl S2000.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
strtrcr77 will become famous soon enough
Ah shit mine did the same thing after i got my skunk2 im put on and its turns of a vacuum hose slipped off.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: wrecked integra now a 300zx
Mods: in the sig
BlazSean has much to be proud ofBlazSean has much to be proud ofBlazSean has much to be proud ofBlazSean has much to be proud ofBlazSean has much to be proud ofBlazSean has much to be proud ofBlazSean has much to be proud ofBlazSean has much to be proud ofBlazSean has much to be proud ofBlazSean has much to be proud of
this problem still happens to me I never could find out what it was it has had a tune-up and checked for vacuum leaks and still there. i dunno
Performance
Stage V+
rebuilt motor
HKS Exhaust
K&N intake
SS Headers
gutted cats
2.25" universal hi-flo cats (have to install)
Z1 driveshaft
TopSpeed Crank pulley (have to install)
S-AFC
60 shot wet N.O.S nitrous system
Exterior
5% tint
clear corners
clear turn signals
tt spoiler
eyebrows
Sound
- 6" infinite door speakers
Old 09-01-2004, 09:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Nguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peons
It sounds like your o2 sensor has gone out to me. THat would be my first guess.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Blackout-B18 is an unknown quantity at this point
This must be a common problem b/c i have prety much the same problem. I have a 97 GSR with 95k miles :4-2-1 Headers, Spoon Cam Gears, n A/c no power steering . When my car is cold it runs Beautifully! But when it heats up itll idle up to 2000 rpm sometimes and when its heated up ,when i give it gas it feels as though i loose power b/c it takes awhile to get past 40mph in 2,3,( mind you the RPm is climbing as normal) until i hit 4th gear then it starts to climb but still slowly. Also my engine light came on and i noticed that my catalytic converter is rattling or the heatshield i cant tell, anyone know what could be the problem with my baby?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement