loud squeal in reverse - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2004, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 94 GSR 4dr
Mods:
serch94gsr is an unknown quantity at this point
loud squeal in reverse

There is a high pitch squealing noise coming from the rear, when I go in reverse. It is weird, because it only happens in reverse, never when I am driving forward. I looked at the rear brakes and they are fine, not sure what's going on, any suggestions!

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2004, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 1995 Acura Integra GSR
Mods: *See the sig*
*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere*Vtec@8000RPM* In the stratusphere
it happens....i think every teg (or car) does that in reverse
Eibach Sportlines, Tokico Blues, Skunk2 Camber Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk Pads, New OEM Calipers, Earls Stainless Steel Brake Lines
172hp @ 7750rpm

Thanks to xturbo420x for the sig!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car: 92 Civic Hatch
Mods:
RedTegra will become famous soon enough
every manual car ive haeard sounds kinda like a remote control car when in reverse...not really a squeal, but is that what u mean?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/797866/1
Old 01-08-2004, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car: 1993 Civic Si
Mods: Too many
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peonsCRVTEC0WNZJ00 Hello down there miniscule peons
You have a 6 puck? cause sometimes 6 puck clutches squeal like burning tires for a second here and there mine does it sometimes...I don't really get what you mean though....

93 Si - 13.7@101 all motor/street tires stock head bishes...

2006 Laguna Blue Pearl S2000.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 01 Integra Type R
Mods:
bobbinika you're still here?bobbinika you're still here?bobbinika you're still here?bobbinika you're still here?bobbinika you're still here?bobbinika you're still here?bobbinika you're still here?bobbinika you're still here?bobbinika you're still here?bobbinika you're still here?bobbinika you're still here?
i love that reverse sound
Old 01-10-2004, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 94 GSR 4dr
Mods:
serch94gsr is an unknown quantity at this point
It is really loud, just started happening about 2 weeks ago. The engine doesn't have to be on or the car in gear to make the noise. If I am rolling down the driveway backwards it makes the sound, but if I am rolling forward it does not, could be a wheel bearing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement