Main Relay - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: '90 CRX si (daily driver), '90 Integra road racer
Mods:
oldsmitty is on a distinguished road
Main Relay

Does anyone out there have the schematic diagram and ratings for the main relay on a"90 Integra? They are expensive, and we're running Lemons and Chump so cost is very much the object. If I can get a diagram I can wire around the problem with common relays. Thanks for the help, Old Smitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
DeCePtEgRa is on a distinguished road
Remove the Fuel Pump Main Relay from under the dash. It is to the left of the steering wheel, mounted on the back of the fuse panel.
Main Relay

Attach battery positive voltage to the No.4 terminal and battery negative voltage to the No.8 terminal of the Fuel Pump Main Relay. Then check for continuity between the No.5 terminal and the No.7 terminal of the Fuel Pump Main Relay.
If there is continuity, go on to step 3.
If there is no continuity, replace the relay and retest.
Attach battery positive voltage to the No.5 terminal and battery negative voltage to the No.2 terminal of the Fuel Pump Main Relay. Then check that there is continuity between the No.1 terminal and No.3 terminal of the Fuel Pump Main Relay.
If there is continuity, go on to step 4.
Attach battery positive voltage to the No.3 terminal and battery negative voltage to the No.8 terminal of the Fuel Pump Main Relay. Then check that there is continuity between the No.5 and the No.7 terminal of the Fuel Pump Main Relay.
If there is continuity, the relay is GOOD.

The main relay is mounted behind the fuse box under the dash. The unit houses two relays. One relay is used to supply power to the ECU, the injectors and to the second relay. The first relay is energized whenever the ignition switch is turned on. The second relay is energized for two seconds when the ignition is turned on and when the engine is running, to supply power to the fuel pump.

Resistance value continuity [2]
[1] Between black and yellow/black wires at fuel pump 6P connector.
[2] Between No.5 terminal and No.7 terminal when,

Battery positive voltage applied to No.4 terminal
Battery negative voltage applied to No.8 terminal

Hope this helps and was what you were looking for if not hit me up I will try to assit you further.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car: '90 CRX si (daily driver), '90 Integra road racer
Mods:
oldsmitty is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info. I should have no problem doing a work around with what you've provided. old smitty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement