Putting 205/50/15 tires on a 94 integra with 15's - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2006, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
94 /-\ INTEGRA is an unknown quantity at this point
Putting 205/50/15 tires on a 94 integra with 15's

I'm sure a lot of you have put these size tires on. I have civic si rims ('99) on my integra. Right now the tires are 195-55-15. If I wanted the 50 series would I have to reset my speedo as the overall diameter of the wheel would be a little bit smaller? Also, has anyone had a problem with rims bending with 50 series tires? Also a little bit concerned that this might create more wheel well gap. I have sportline springs on my car now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Black Hole

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Mods:
ezeedee you're still here?ezeedee you're still here?ezeedee you're still here?ezeedee you're still here?ezeedee you're still here?ezeedee you're still here?ezeedee you're still here?ezeedee you're still here?ezeedee you're still here?ezeedee you're still here?ezeedee you're still here?
your new tire will be .3 inches shorter, so your gap will be .15" bigger

your speedo will be off by 1.6%

when your speedo says 100 mph you will really be going 98.4 mph, not worth recalibrating imo.

I say go for it, people put that size tire on hondas all the time.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 1992 integra ls
Mods: run it and find out
acb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do
i know this has nothing do do with it but if u had 17 would that change anything? just wondering.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: '98 Integra LS hatch
Mods: See website in sig.
White98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problem
As mentioned, 205/50/15 would be just a little shorter. Nothing I would worry too much about. Also depends on what kind of tire it is. My 205/50/15 Toyo RA-1s are actually the same diameter as the Michelin XGT 195/55/15 if I remember correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acb16a2si
i know this has nothing do do with it but if u had 17 would that change anything? just wondering.
That's why they make different tire sizes - so you can get one that closely matches your stock tire diameter. If you're coming from a 195/55/15, something like a 205/40/17 would be about right.
Latest Auto-X: 1st in class, 24th/83 overall.
Complete mod list and updated race results here:
http://www.freewebs.com/white98ls
- don't forget to sign the guestbook!

Autocrossing for a day is the best $25 you can spend
Old 04-10-2006, 04:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 1992 integra ls
Mods: run it and find out
acb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doacb16a2si Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do
oh gotcha thanks
Old 04-22-2006, 06:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
94 /-\ INTEGRA is an unknown quantity at this point
Can somebody confirm that the speedo will only be off by about 98%? Also, does anyone have any pics of 15s with the 205/50/15 size tires?
Thanks.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: Integra GSR. See my photopost.
Mods:
flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?flyingtoaster What did you do to deserve all this rep?
I hope you're not going for looks because there will be a bigger gap in your wheel well.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: '98 Integra LS hatch
Mods: See website in sig.
White98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problemWhite98LS has a Rep problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 /-\ INTEGRA
Can somebody confirm that the speedo will only be off by about 98%? Also, does anyone have any pics of 15s with the 205/50/15 size tires?
Thanks.
Use the tire size calculator in this forum.

I have some pics with 205/50/15s, but they're race tires which are a bit beefier than usual so it won't do you any good, sorry.
Latest Auto-X: 1st in class, 24th/83 overall.
Complete mod list and updated race results here:
http://www.freewebs.com/white98ls
- don't forget to sign the guestbook!

Autocrossing for a day is the best $25 you can spend
Old 04-22-2006, 04:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car: 1995 Acura Integra LS
Mods:
kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?kRazyTeg What did you do to deserve all this rep?
My car w/ 205/50/15's

Sorry for the last big pic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

« I got jacked | damn »