removing rear main seal - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2006, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
90hbvtec is an unknown quantity at this point
removing rear main seal

guys that took out ur rear main seal on ur gsr integra..how did you remove that seal...without having to take out the plate? what tools?.....also anyone have the part # on this rear main seal..?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
DATEGHED is an unknown quantity at this point
my man cop the the manual it's the best investment when working on cars
ive never massed with a rear seal but if you looked at it thoroughly if the plate is the only thing stopping you remove it (not to be a smart ass) if it's removeable.

If i find out about it ill post it though
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 2000 Prelude base
Mods: None yet :P
Vertical_Zer0 will become famous soon enoughVertical_Zer0 will become famous soon enough
Almost did this on my Accord before I sold it... it looked like such a pain that I gave up. Good luck.

Check out my last.fm
Old 08-26-2006, 07:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car: 1994 Acura Integra LS
Mods: JDM GSR swap, B16 tranny, Skunk2 IM, Really bad paint
lugnutRS is a splendid one to beholdlugnutRS is a splendid one to beholdlugnutRS is a splendid one to beholdlugnutRS is a splendid one to beholdlugnutRS is a splendid one to beholdlugnutRS is a splendid one to beholdlugnutRS is a splendid one to behold
Remove it with a pick ora small flathead screwdriver. To install it, you need a special tool. Or if you have a flat something to cover the circle seal, use that and tap it in gingerly and voila. Thw tool kinda looks like an air hockey thingy (not the puck, the thing you use to hit the puck)
Old 08-26-2006, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Accord_F22 is infamous around these partsAccord_F22 is infamous around these partsAccord_F22 is infamous around these partsAccord_F22 is infamous around these partsAccord_F22 is infamous around these partsAccord_F22 is infamous around these partsAccord_F22 is infamous around these partsAccord_F22 is infamous around these partsAccord_F22 is infamous around these partsAccord_F22 is infamous around these partsAccord_F22 is infamous around these parts
i've replaced the rear main seal in my gsr before. The biggest part of the entire thing is you have to remove the tranny. From there you have to take off the oil pan and the rear main seal plate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement