tires rubbing the inside of wheel well - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2002, 10:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 94 integra
Mods: intake, muffler, h&r springs, tokico shocks, 17 in enkei rs6 rims
tealintegrals is an unknown quantity at this point
Question tires rubbing the inside of wheel well

Whats up guys. i have a 94 integra ls and i lowered the car with h&r sports springs and tokico blues. for some reason my tire rubs on the inside of the wheel well and is cutting my tire. has anyone had this problem and if so have a fix for this. i have 17 in enkei rs6 rims on the car. and the shocks and springs are brand new. i appreciate all of your help guys and keep your integras looking tight.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2002, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: POLICE OFFICER
Mods:
nov0798 is an unknown quantity at this point
YOU LOWERED IT TO MUCH, YOU WILL NEED TO GET SMALLER DIAMETER WHEEL/TIRE COMBO
Old 05-19-2002, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car:
Mods:
b18c_power is an unknown quantity at this point
How much did the sport springs lower your car by?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-2002, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Car: '96 SE Integra
Mods:
booteggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Tire size and offset of wheels?
Old 05-19-2002, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car: Loan Officer
Mods:
96GreenLS is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 96 ls I lowered mine with the eibach pro kit 1.3" and had some bilstien shocks. I was running a 17x7 with a 42 offset, the tires were 215/40/17. I was also rubbing in the back. I had the inside of my fenders rolled and that solved the problem. I was never cutting my tires just rubbing. Now I have 205/40/17's with a 40 off set and I am not having any problems
----My Other Ride----
2001 Honda CBR 600F4i
Red and White
Eurobikes GP Euro Tail
M4 Carbon Fiber Slip On
ZG Double Bouble Windscreen
Frame Sliders
LP Short Stalks
Old 05-20-2002, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 93 Honda Prelude VTEC
Mods: AEM Intake & Cam Sprockets , RC Throttle Body, Greddy SS Header , RSR Exhaust , Carsound Cat , ACT Clutch & Fly, NGK 8mm Blue Wires, JDM Type-S Valve Cover , Koni Yellow Shocks , RSR Down Springs, Nuespeed Short Shift Adapter, CF Dashkit, CF
mike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problem
Yeah your offset isnt in far enough to allow full suspension travel without the frame/fender rubbing on your tire.

-- Solution roll or shave fenders. Another get new wheels with better offsets. Perhaps even try finding a place that can shave the inside in a few mm see if that will give you enough clearance. As well as you could probably shave your brake rotor. Allthough with those studs stick out I dont know what you would have to do. Im sure you can remove those..... This would of course not be easy , but you would get an offset that would help handling im sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement