Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

tires rubbing the inside of wheel well

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  mike_sho 
#1 ·
Whats up guys. i have a 94 integra ls and i lowered the car with h&r sports springs and tokico blues. for some reason my tire rubs on the inside of the wheel well and is cutting my tire. has anyone had this problem and if so have a fix for this. i have 17 in enkei rs6 rims on the car. and the shocks and springs are brand new. i appreciate all of your help guys and keep your integras looking tight.

#5 ·
I have a 96 ls I lowered mine with the eibach pro kit 1.3" and had some bilstien shocks. I was running a 17x7 with a 42 offset, the tires were 215/40/17. I was also rubbing in the back. I had the inside of my fenders rolled and that solved the problem. I was never cutting my tires just rubbing. Now I have 205/40/17's with a 40 off set and I am not having any problems

#6 ·
Yeah your offset isnt in far enough to allow full suspension travel without the frame/fender rubbing on your tire.

-- Solution roll or shave fenders. Another get new wheels with better offsets. Perhaps even try finding a place that can shave the inside in a few mm see if that will give you enough clearance. As well as you could probably shave your brake rotor. Allthough with those studs stick out I dont know what you would have to do. Im sure you can remove those..... This would of course not be easy , but you would get an offset that would help handling im sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.