Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

upgrade speaker help

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Darkness 
#1 ·
i was looking to upgrade my speakers in my 98 integra ls. So far i found three sets of speakers that id like to get in the link below but im afraid that im going to need to buy an amp to run the speakers. can anyone help me out and tell me if ill need to run in amp if im trying to upgrade my tweeters and all 4 speakers? it says the rms powering is 50- 60 watts for the speakers. will they be able to work with my stock head unit until i upgrade that too?
just want some help on what to by if i want to keep my stock head unit and upgrade the speakers and tweeters without buying an amp.

Sonic Electronix - Compare Products

#2 ·
If you really want the best sound quality you might want to look into upgrading your head unit first, that will make even the standard cardboard speakers a little better as you can properly adjust the eq, it's not hard to do (but somewhat time consuming) also you'll need the wire harness and and dash kit to ensure it connects and fits properly. Now if you're absolutely going to buy speakers first then by all means go for it, you shouldn't need an amp and it should play for your stock head unit but you'll get nowhere near the quality the speakers promise to have, it'll sound muddy(instruments playing the same frequency blending together).. IMO get a head unit, then speakers, and finally an amp even if you aren't using a sub yet it's good to eventually but an amp for ALL speakers so they get the adequate power and thus the proper quality. Trust me you'll hear the difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.