'What R the differences in each Integra??' - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Acura - Vehicles > Acura Vehicle Models > Integra Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2002, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 94 Accord
Mods:
Lord Accord is an unknown quantity at this point
'What R the differences in each Integra??'

Im getting hooked on fixing cars up, and have recently decided I want an Integra. I already own a 5th Gen. Accord and plan to swap in an H22a motor. My "exuse" for getting this Integra is so I can get around while my Accord is in my shop getting the swap. I should also add that I am very picky, and live my life by the motto "do it right the first time". Im sure some of you will say that it will only take a weekend, but I dont like to rush things, and I am also going Auto to manny, so that is why I want another car.

Anyway I like the 92-93 style(2nd Gen. I think).
1)Could someone give me the pros and cons of the 2nd VS 3rd Gen Integra's. Does one handle better(or weighted better)than the other? I'm basically looking for the flaws of both to determine which would make a better car.
I figure going with a 2nd Gen Integra will allow more money for mods since it should be cheaper to buy VS the 3rd Gen.

2)I also need the low down of the different engine choices I will have, and which would better suit my needs.
My long term goals for this car are to be a very reliable car that is quick on the take off. I will for now only go N/A because I dont fully understand turbo or supercharger yet, and like I said I want reliability. I will however go all out with doing it N/A.

3)I would also like your thoughts about if you think going overboard with building the engine would cause aome reliability issues. For example, I know I want my head to have the works in upgrading the valve train with the best parts and full port and polish, along with 3 angle valve job. I will do high compresion pistons, zero gap rings(if there made for this application) aftermarket rods, and any other small parts made that would be better(ie. oil pump, cam, electrical)

Thanks for the help in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2002, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Nguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peons
GS VS LS VS GS-R what is the difference?

Gen III
The RS doesn't come with electric anything, but you can get as an option looks and windows and I believe no ABS available.

The LS comes with power windows and locks. It also has ABS and Moonroof. The RS and LS both come with cloth seats.

The SE which was ONLY made in 95-96 is basically the GSR without the suspension and engine upgrades. It comes standard with sunroof, leather and power everything. It also comes with ABS. It is also common that is car is MOSTLY, but not always, found in automatic tranny. Also the 1995 SE got the GSR rims which are perhaps one of the most popular rims for the Integra.

The GS was the "twin" of the SE but wasn't released until 1997, I believe, after they stop making the SE (Special Edition). Once agian they are the GSR but without the gooddies.

All these cars have the B18B1 engine in it that pushes out 140HP @ 6300 and 124lbs. @5200. This engine is the NON-Vtec 16 valve 4-cyl. DOHC. Redline=6800

The GSR has a moonroof, power windows and locks, 15" rims. It came with the B18C1 engine which pushes out 170HP@ 7600 128ltbs. @6200. This engine comes with VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift with Electronic Control) Redline=8000

Also earier years of the GSR, leather seats came as an option. In 1999 leather then became something standard in the GSRs.

For All model Integras, except the Type R of course...Front Brakes Ventilated, 10.3 in. disc type Ventilated, 11.1 in. disc type
Rear Brakes Solid, 9.4 in. disc type

Also there are some differences in the model years of 1994-1997 and then 1998-2001. Some cosmetic stuff such as bumpers, headlight, bumper lights, tail lights, valve cover.

Lastly you have the 1994-1995 OBDI ecu and then the 96+ OBDII ecu chip. Idealy everyone claims OBDI is much better, but after reading some research OBDII is just as good just it has some more restrictions, but could be easily modded to be overlooked.

Gen II Tegs

RS, LS, GS B18A

Horsepower: 130@6000 RPM
Torque: 121@5000RPM
Redline 6500 RPM

RS, LS, GS B18B 92-93

Horsepower (hp), 140 @ 6300 RPM
Torque (lbs-ft), 126 @ 5000 RPM
Redline 6500 RPM

GSR

Horsepower: 160@7600
Torque: 117 @ 7000
Redline 8000 RPM

Gen III Tegs

Listed above...

Personally I like the look of the Gen III Integras, but I love how the front headlights of the Gen II go. Personally I would try to find a 94-95 GSR and work from there. Its a very good starter car, and it can hold its own on the streets. However I've heard the 93 GSR engines are rare to find and are very good to mod as they produce very good amounts of HP.

But most importantly how much is your price limit? The GSR will cost you a bit more then a standard model, but is well worth it, as probably anyone on this board will you....Unless you're Jayman320 who runs 13's 1/4 with his LS/Vtec or randyman with his b20...but thats another story for another day...(Hey guys I'm just jealous of your cars.... )

Port and Polish

Good luck with it all and anymore questions there are tons of Integra owners out there to help.

Jason
Old 08-10-2002, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 94 Integra RS
Mods: intake,NGK blue plug wires, Spoon sports magnetic drain bolts, Spoon sports rad cap, spoon resevoir covers, Eibach Sportline springs, ITR front strut tower bar, ITR rear sway bar, Benen Industries rear lower tie bar, BSQ subframe reinforcement kit
rufus`` will become famous soon enough
GREYTEG MAKE THIS STICK

im tired of hearing this question

we should get chassis weights, and sway bar specs too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-10-2002, 10:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 1992 Acura Integra
Mods:
ATeg92 is an unknown quantity at this point
The main difference between all of the tegs are the engine. Personaly I like the style of the 2nd generation. I have also heared that the 2ng generation is lighter than the 3rd. The 92/93 GSR can beat the 94+ GSR. The Type R is very different from all of the rest. The body is lighter and it has also been stengthened in certain spots. The other difference between then is weather they came with alloy weels, leather, spoiler, ect.. Below is a list of the engine specs.

3G '97-'00 Integra Type R B18C5 1797 10.6:1 195hp@8000RPM/130lb-ft@7500

3G '94-'00 Integra GS-R B18C1 1797 10.0:1 170hp@7600RPM/128lb-ft@6200

3G '94-'00 Integra LS/RS/GS B18B1 1834 9.2:1 142hp@6300RPM/127lb-ft@5200

2G '92-'93 Integra GS-R B17A1 1678 10.0:1 160hp@7600RPM/117lb-ft@7000

2G '92-'93 Integra GS B18A1 1834 9.2:1 140hp@6300RPM/121lb-ft@5200

2G '90-'91 Integra GS B18A1 1834 9.2:1 130hp@6000RPM/121lb-ft@5000

I would stay away from a 91 or older, A type R would be the best if you could find one but it will be expensive. If you are planning to build a motor just get a standared LS. or an RS if you dont want any power functions. The LS block is very strong. That block has 1.834 L opposed to the 1.797L in the GSR or ITR. You could build up a LS/VTEC. there is a stickey on them, here is a web sight to check out. http://www.c-speedracing.com/ and http://www.diyracing.com/ The Type R (B19C5) head would be the best for it. As far as reliability, it will be very reliable if you build it coreectly. A down side to a 92/93 is there are not quite as many parts avalable. Hope this helped
Old 08-10-2002, 10:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Mods:
Should I get the GSR since it is already VTEC and if I decide to go LS/VTEC I already have the head, and wiring in place, or should I get the LS and just get a head,ECU,and wiring?

How fast is the GSR with the b17a1 stock?
Old 08-10-2002, 11:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Mods:
I have 2 more questions

Are there enough aftermarket parts around for the B17a, or should I look into another motor.

Can a b16, or B18 fit in a 2nd GEN.?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2002, 12:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Nguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peonsNguyen Hello down there miniscule peons
1/4 Times
Well 1/4 times will all depend on driver, but I can give you estimate times and average times of drivers around the web...

Gen II

RS/LS/GS Automatic: 16.8 (average)
RS/LS/GS Manual: 16.2 (Average)
GSR : 15.6 (Average)

Gen III

RS/LS/SE/GS Automatic: 16.8 (Average)
RS/LS/SE/GS Manual: 16.0 (Average)
GSR: 15.5 (Average)
Type R: 14.6 (Average)

Weight
Remember that different options and other things in the car will effect the weight, this may look like they are exact but there are many many other factors in weight.

Gen II

RS: 2544 (2 door) 2579 (4 door)
LS: 2590 (2 door) 2630 (4 door)
GS: 2654 (2 door) 2714 (4 door)
GSR: 2667 (I believe this generation only had 2 doors produced...)

Gen III

RS: 2529 (2 door) 2670 (4 door)
LS: 2643 (2 door) 2703 (4 door)
SE: 2663 (2 door) 2723 (4 door)
GS: 2663 (2 door) 2723 (4 door)
GSR: 2687 (2 door) 2765 (4 door)
Type R: 2577 (2 door)

So just by looking at them, there really isn't ALL that much of a weight difference between the 2 generations. Also between sedans and hatchs all together.

Sway Bars...
86-89 All Models 17.0mm (Front) 17.0mm (Rear)
90-93 All Coupes - 23.0mm (Front) 14.7mm (Rear)
90-93 All Sedans - 23.0mm (Front) 15.9mm (Rear)
94-99 LS Coupe - 22.1mm (Front) 12.9mm (Rear)
94-99 LS Sedan - 22.1mm (Front) 14.0mm (Rear)
94-01 GSR 24mm (Front) 14mm (Rear)
97-01 Type R 22mm (Front) 22mm (Rear)
00-01 LS Coupe - 24.0 / 12.9
00-01 Sedan 24.0mm (Front) 14.0mm (Rear)
Old 08-19-2002, 09:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car:
Mods: 4door Teg- 13.8 ls/vtec
JAYMAN320 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: GREYTEG MAKE THIS STICK

Quote:
Originally posted by rufus``
im tired of hearing this question

GREYTEG MAKE THIS STICK!
Good reliable info, it definatley points out the differences in each model...with the permission of 1greyteg this is stuck

02' Suzuki GsxR
Old 08-19-2002, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Whoa this is a first time for me that some thread I participated in became a sticky.

But anyways, there are WAY too many sticky's now and its taking a lot of space on top. Is there anyway that we can creat ONE thread and then inside that thread post links to different tech articles? That way it'll save some space on the page, and make it easy to navigate.

Just an idea...

Full Coilovers or Not, For Real...Suspension talk down and dirty!
The oil weight post...
Advice about modifying...
Integra Facts and answers to FAQ's...
How to decode an Integra VIN # (Helms)
LS/VTEC Integra Differences Generations and Models

Something like that...maybe with an explanation after each link kind of thing...

Jason
Old 08-26-2002, 02:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Mods: intake,NGK blue plug wires, Spoon sports magnetic drain bolts, Spoon sports rad cap, spoon resevoir covers, Eibach Sportline springs, ITR front strut tower bar, ITR rear sway bar, Benen Industries rear lower tie bar, BSQ subframe reinforcement kit
that would be alright with me...

there's just so much to cover and so much about our cars that it takes up a lot of space.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Gen1 specs

Gen2 specs

GEN3 specs

Gen 3 ITR specs
Old 09-06-2002, 11:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car:
Mods: 4door Teg- 13.8 ls/vtec
JAYMAN320 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice work Rufus...very nice

Just gotta figure out a way to clean up the stickies and such.

02' Suzuki GsxR
Old 09-17-2002, 06:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 1997 honda accord
Mods:
niceaznboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Of course out of al l models , the Type R is the best of all. Just like my old one 1998 Black type R R.I.P. which was wrekked last year so i now have to settle with a weaker model. No more money since i wasted it on the type R I just love integras so i got a black 5spd. Which is so slow compared to the type R.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car:
Mods:
1Greyteg is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by niceaznboi Of course out of al l models , the Type R is the best of all. Just like my old one 1998 Black type R R.I.P. which was wrekked last year so i now have to settle with a weaker model. No more money since i wasted it on the type R I just love integras so i got a black 5spd. Which is so slow compared to the type R.
98 Black?

Hows that?

97 and 98 were CW only,

99 wasn't available here in the states,

00-01 were PY, FBP and NBP respectively.

Don't even say you painted a 98CW Black, that is just sacrilegious...

A.

PS Best is a relative term labeled by the owner of each vehicle, what is best for him may not be the best for you. Get it?

PS oh yeah, uhmmm Got any PICS of this black 98 ITR?
Old 09-17-2002, 07:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car:
Mods:
1Greyteg is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by JAYMAN320
Nice work Rufus...very nice

Just gotta figure out a way to clean up the stickies and such.
Fixed, Dude...

A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement