Best Mods for HP on a B18.... - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Performance Tech > Engine Tech

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2002, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1992 Honda Prelude Si
Mods: 2002 Acura NSX Imola orange pearl paint, shaved everything, wings west big mouth kit, 17" 5zigen rims, 5zigen exhaust, dc ceramic header, akimoto cold air intake, tokico struts with nuespeed sport springs, veilside carbon fiber hood, apr gtll sp
Mitchb71 is an unknown quantity at this point
tech wrench Best Mods for HP on a B18....

Ok im gettin ready to drop 7k on a swap and whatever goodies i can get. What do you guys reccommend that i do. I was gonna go custom turbo. But one of the shops around here said that whether is was a day a month or a year i was gonna burn a piston. So i figured i would go N/A then if i just had to i would maybe put a small shot on it. BUt id rather not. So what can i do with this money and how much hp can i expect?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2002, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 1999 Honda S2000
Mods: Straightened exhausts, larger air filter, fuel controller. Port and polish and possible turbo later
Sunder is an unknown quantity at this point
The guy is just a scare monger. A turbo done with care and quality parts and looked after will not significantly shorten your engine life (In some cases, it might even lengthen it, because you're not reving so hard to go up hills etc - but that's not likely if you're building it to race, instead of tow.)

If you like turbos, then a turbo is an honest way of getting power.

If you want the same power with NA, your car won't be a daily driver.

When the clutch drops, the BS stops.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-30-2002, 11:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods: Ending Corporate SHO Member #1
Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Rev ATARI Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Find a new shop to do your work

Then talk with them on what goals you have
Old 12-30-2002, 11:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1992 Honda Prelude Si
Mods: 2002 Acura NSX Imola orange pearl paint, shaved everything, wings west big mouth kit, 17" 5zigen rims, 5zigen exhaust, dc ceramic header, akimoto cold air intake, tokico struts with nuespeed sport springs, veilside carbon fiber hood, apr gtll sp
Mitchb71 is an unknown quantity at this point
well..a turbo kind of scares me to be honest. Cause the closest place is 4 hours away. Plus ive just been sponosored and can't handle down time if that happens. I really don't know anything about turbos. I know how they work and such but i don't know the logistics and specs. Pretend im a 10 year old and tell me what i need to get. What i can get for the money and such. I mean im shooting for 250 to 300hp.... what can i obtain with that money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement