build progress - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Performance Tech > Engine Tech

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 89crx soon to be in the 9s
Mods: On the way f22 turbo, 550-600 at the wheel
nemo13 is on a distinguished road
build progress

so i got the shiftlinkage and a prolite flywheel in the mail hopefully the compitition clutch gets here soon so i can do the swap ive been putting it of because everything is easy to do while the motors out... going with a b18a with type r pistons on a fresh rebuild a b16 tranny and all hasport swap parts.... what should i expect from it out of the box? it will be turboed evently but first i wanna switch to right hand drive... idk how much it will cost if i can can just drill the holes in the other side and then smooth the firewall let me know what you guys think ill need to do that and how much it will cost me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 2000 gsr integra w/ jdm b18cR(stolen),90 crx(sold),89 ef hatch(sold) and now a 91 crx
Mods: jdm front end conversion, jdm b16a, custom je pistons, rods,spearco front mount intercooler, greddy blow off, tial wastegate, big ass snail, blox intake manifold, rc 650 injectors, throttle body, 3 inch magnaflow exhaust, exedy clutch, lightened flywheel, momo steering wheel w/ detachable hub, arp studs, apexi vafc, and much more
gsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapy
Why in world of great ideas would you make such a bad one in my opinion. High comp pistons and turbo, equals fail for that setup. you were better off with the b18a pistons which have lower comp to run more boost safley. Why are you choosing the type r piston? you could save money and use b16 pistons.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

no not going to keep those pistons in the motor when i boost it just until i do...
Old 02-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

and because they came in the rebuilt motor
Old 02-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 2000 gsr integra w/ jdm b18cR(stolen),90 crx(sold),89 ef hatch(sold) and now a 91 crx
Mods: jdm front end conversion, jdm b16a, custom je pistons, rods,spearco front mount intercooler, greddy blow off, tial wastegate, big ass snail, blox intake manifold, rc 650 injectors, throttle body, 3 inch magnaflow exhaust, exedy clutch, lightened flywheel, momo steering wheel w/ detachable hub, arp studs, apexi vafc, and much more
gsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapygsro11 needs rep therapy
The quickest way to go rhd is get a rhd front clip. everything comes with it. when we did a rhd conversion to an eg we cut the front clip of the us model and welded the jdm clip back on and presto done.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo13 View Post
and because they came in the rebuilt motor
thats good to hear, atleast you have a good idea what you need to do. now atleast you can sell them and get some power making pistons for boost
Old 02-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

P.S. I love Ef hatches im going to post a vintage video just for you containing Ayrton Senna racing an ef hatch racecar vs a crx racecar in suzuka japan. hope you enjoy!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

the issue is i live in hawaii and ive looked at the clips and theyre like 2 grand and nowhere wants to ship it here plus if they do it cost more to ship than the clip costs... is there away of doing it using my clip?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

does anyone know where i can get a dual point injection to multi point injection jumper harness or how to do it myself? ive never had to do it before so please let me know
Old 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: '93 Del Sol Si
Mods:
legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?legacyo13 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Rywire has a harness, but you have to send in that and the Si harness. And there are some people who do harnesses on Ebay, you don't have to send yours in which helps out, I got one when I had my old hatch and loved it.

To do it yourself, you will need the Si injector clips, a Si or 90-91 Integra resistor box, Si intake manifold, and Si distributor. This is if you are using the D15B2 motor.

As far as wiring goes, you are adding 4 wires, and moving 2 I believe, or 2 and 2. It is something like that, The IACV wires need to be lengthened. You will need the distributor clips from the Si harness. I know there is a write up on here. I'll post a link to it.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 1997 Honda Accord EX
Mods: Header + full Catback, Short ram intake, MSD Wires, Flat black 15x6.5 Motegi Traklites, Rotor over Hub conversion.
MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?MortsAccord you're still here?
RHD? Are you serious? Do you deliver mail? The newspaper? Is your left shoulder and arm severely impaired where all it should have the task of is shifting? In a far strech, do you plan on delivering pizza or other food in this vehicle? Lmao
if you cannot entertain at least 1 yes in ther thenconverting to RHD=gay. It will make you a less effective driver on the roadways where LHD cars are the norm. Even more so if it's a "weekend warrior" car.

Don't use the "to be different" motive. It's been done before to othe vehicles-Honda's as well. Better to save that money and buy good rims, tires and suspension.

Shipping a front clip let alone a whole car to your location even from the USA would probably range in the 700 dollar area. If not more. Fuck all that noise . But if it's what you really want then forget my pessimisum and do what you want. I still say RHD is gay.

http://www.angelfire.com/games/marshallmort/Oil.pdf

AWSOME tech articles for FREE, get educated on some REAL information.

currently down.

Everything you ever need to know about car audio.

http://www.bcae1.com

Everything you ever need to know about auto lighting:.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/tech.html
Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
CIVIC47 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortsAccord View Post
RHD? Are you serious? Do you deliver mail? The newspaper? Is your left shoulder and arm severely impaired where all it should have the task of is shifting? In a far strech, do you plan on delivering pizza or other food in this vehicle? Lmao
if you cannot entertain at least 1 yes in ther thenconverting to RHD=gay. It will make you a less effective driver on the roadways where LHD cars are the norm. Even more so if it's a "weekend warrior" car.

Don't use the "to be different" motive. It's been done before to othe vehicles-Honda's as well. Better to save that money and buy good rims, tires and suspension.

Shipping a front clip let alone a whole car to your location even from the USA would probably range in the 700 dollar area. If not more. Fuck all that noise . But if it's what you really want then forget my pessimisum and do what you want. I still say RHD is gay.

Second that. Why in the world would you want a RHD in the states. Not to mention the incredible amount of money your going to spend to do so. Spend it on mods that will really make a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement