De-Rice my Del Sol - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > Del Sol Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Latticino is on a distinguished road
De-Rice my Del Sol

Well finally got the del Sol home after a grueling ride on New Years eve. Tires certainly weren't up for snow, thank goodness the heat worked.

I don't know too much about working on cars, so please bear with me.

The current aftermarket cat-Back style exhaust the previous owner installed is way too loud for us. Have ordered a OEM style replacement, but flange diameter is too small. Will need to replace upstream piping as well. Aftermarket system is in really nice condition, all high quality stainless steel. Got that "sound of power" that tuners seem to like, but it isn't for us. Once I get it off I'll likely post pictures and attempt to sell it. Do I post here, or in classifieds? Are these systems of any interest, or should I just throw it on local Craig's list? I'm not to excited about shipping, though the replacement muffler came to us just fine without any box...

Next will have to install door poppers (reluctantly, so don't need to hear about how bad an idea it is) as the body kit the previous owner installed completely covers the door handles. Have ordered the AVS system for Civics of this model. Anybody have any experience with those?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Latticino; 01-17-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added photo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Hello?

OK, over 200 views and not a single reply. Guess there aren't all that many DelSol owners out there, or I'm looking on the wrong forum?

Thanks anyway.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?
Post some pictures of what areas you're concerned with/thinking of replacing. I bought a Tanabe cat-back that was too loud for me at first, (better flow for a supercharger, I've read), but it's grown on me; kinda' sounds like Dad's old Aunstin-Healey. If I ever get the sc on, it'll be one badass gocart!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
too late for pictures

Thanks for the feedback. At this point it is too late for pictures as I gave the exhaust system away. Was pretty nice unit ~3" SS pipe all the way back to the header.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?
What else are you concerned with? Was that it? Mine's kinda' "riced", but in a tasteful, finest sushi rice way.
Also, none of my business, but who is "us"? If a girl's ruling your car decisions, you need to grow a pair, my friend.
EDIT: I never put anything on my Sol that doesn't improve it over stock; I do miss the quiet, "sewing-machine" sound of
the D-16Z6 with a stock muffler, (just wanted the best setup with supercharger), but, like I said, sounds pretty awesome now;
better with the sc, soon!?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
No worries, I've got a working set as far as I know.

Us would be my son. It is actually his car, purchased for him to take off to college. I drive a 2003 supercharged JCW Mini Cooper (superchargers are the best, good luck getting your's installed). He likes the body kit on this delSol, personally I prefer the stock look, but can see why a teen would prefer this.

The Catback style exhaust is gone and replaced with a Walker Exhaust 53183 Muffler Assembly-Quiet-FlowSS (don't exactly know why they call it that as it still is a bit louder than a typical Honda Civic Si). This still has a nice rumble, but doesn't give you a headache after driving. I think some of the problem with the previous exhaust was that part of the pipe was rubbing against the body kit.

AVS door poppers are installed in place of the kludged together kit that the previous owner put in and took out of service after they failed. Now the only thing left is to work on some of the interior trim (previous owner also put in an awful aftermarket carbon fiber trim kit, but we may leave that in for now).
Old 02-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
I agree on your distaste for bodykits. And the door handles on the Sols are freaking perfect; why change perfection? Get a keyless entry system, and return the handles to stock, IMO. Sorry for the ASSumption about the "us" thing. More pics would bring more responses! Think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement