Del Sol B20 swap.... - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > Del Sol Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 95 Del Sol
Mods: wanting to put a B20 swap in.....
Del_Sol_Tec is on a distinguished road
Cool Del Sol B20 swap....

Alright here we go i know alot of you are guna be mad at me for asking but i don't have time to look around the info is for my buddy... He curently has a 91 si civic with a B20 in it and hates the car but loves the motor and wants to put it in his new Sol he got what do i need? keep in mind it's in full running condition in the civic.... also the sol is a auto....want to swap that out too.... any info would be great

Thanx alot Dru
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1995 Del Sol
Mods: Wide body kit, lambo doors, drilled and slotted rotor front and rear, custom door panels, custom sub box with 2 12" Kenwood, custom racing seats, B16A swap, short shifter, DC 4-1 header and a Kaminari front bumper.
mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk
I asked about a B20 swap once and I only got one jackass, rexsi, said oh no thats impossible. I got no info for you sorry.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Olde School Ricer

Car: 89crx
Mods: built motor, supercharged
yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind_jk View Post
I asked about a B20 swap once and I only got one jackass, rexsi, said oh no thats impossible. I got no info for you sorry.
I was actually gonna post the same thing for this guy
but I was too lazy
Old 09-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: Honda del sol
Mods: a shit ton
delsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problem
don't listen to rex si, it can be done... it would b alot easier to already have a standard sol shell instead of a auto sol shell though. if a k series can go into a sol than a b20 sure can also
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Olde School Ricer

yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsol8017 View Post
don't listen to rex si, it can be done... it would b alot easier to already have a standard sol shell instead of a auto sol shell though. if a k series can go into a sol than a b20 sure can also
no shit it can be done
I have a swapped b18c1 del sol
no different than a b20, b16, b18b
its all the same
Old 09-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind_jk View Post
because you can't use Google

Honda-Tech.com: Hybrid: My B20 into EK parts list

and if the op's friend doens't have time to reserach then nobody has time to help you. nobody is in that much of a hurry where they can't research a basic topic such as this
Old 09-12-2008, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
not the sharpest tool in the shed ehhh?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Olde School Ricer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU97GS-R View Post
because you can't use Google

Honda-Tech.com: Hybrid: My B20 into EK parts list

and if the op's friend doens't have time to reserach then nobody has time to help you. nobody is in that much of a hurry where they can't research a basic topic such as this
slightly different, but you get the idea

the del sol needs a special shift linkage for a b swap

and I'm the only one to ever do the swap, and I won't tell what you need

but if you search the del sol forum for user cruise control, you will see what you need
Old 09-12-2008, 11:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrexsi View Post
slightly different, but you get the idea

the del sol needs a special shift linkage for a b swap

and I'm the only one to ever do the swap, and I won't tell what you need

but if you search the del sol forum for user cruise control, you will see what you need
i wasn't gonna do all the work for him. just give him an idea of what a 3 minute search can turn up. i have no problems helping somebody after they turn up something like that. atleast put effort into your search, not stand there and get mindlessly spoon fed.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Olde School Ricer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU97GS-R View Post
i wasn't gonna do all the work for him. just give him an idea of what a 3 minute search can turn up. i have no problems helping somebody after they turn up something like that. atleast put effort into your search, not stand there and get mindlessly spoon fed.
I spoon feed noobs poop
Old 09-12-2008, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Digital Racer

delsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problemdelsol8017 has a Rep problem
no shit b20, b18, and b16's are all the same. thats y there called "series"
Old 09-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
i thought they were called b-series. not "series" and he was ragging on you because you didn't pick up on the sarcasm
Old 09-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Digital Racer

ok my b. i can be slow from time to time...but i know my shit
Old 09-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Olde School Ricer

Quote:
then why the fuck would someone want to know if a b20 would fit in a fuckin del sol when they came stock with a fucking b16
Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Digital Racer

thats a question for del sol tec, not me lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement