Front End damage, how much to repair? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > Del Sol Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1995 Del Sol Si, 1996 Civic Ex
Mods: Nada
TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916
Front End damage, how much to repair?

I picked up my first del sol project. Just wondering how much will it cost to repair the front.. it hit a pole.

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 12:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 94 Honda Accord
Mods: Custom rusted exhaust, missing radio, steelies, LED lights so I can see my gauges, god I missed Hondas
mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?
professionally Thousands probably a good 4-6K yourself probably about 2-3 cheaper with junk yard parts or a parts car the frame will probably be the worst part especially making sure it's strait
stolen 89 mustang gt
sold 91 talon
current 94 accord (family car)
current project 93 probe

No, I can afford a newer car. I'm just stuck in the 90s
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: del sol 93 with B16a and tranny swap
Mods: s2 stage2 cams, s2 cam gears, s2 TB, AEM fuel rail, back to stock injectors, s2 pro dual valve springs, ferrea valves, s2 titanium retainers
del.ray.sol needs rep therapydel.ray.sol needs rep therapydel.ray.sol needs rep therapydel.ray.sol needs rep therapydel.ray.sol needs rep therapydel.ray.sol needs rep therapydel.ray.sol needs rep therapydel.ray.sol needs rep therapydel.ray.sol needs rep therapydel.ray.sol needs rep therapydel.ray.sol needs rep therapy
how much did you pay for the thing?? cuz with 4-6 grand you could have a way better one than that to start out with.. if your paying more than you bought the car just to get it normal.. it not worth it IMO
Old 09-03-2008, 07:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 2000 Honda Civic Ex Sedan
Mods: nothing to make it fast and plenty of things to make it heavy
HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!
Jesus dood, I hope you got that for less than $500, cuz that shit ain't gonna be cheap to fix. First thing you need to do is see if the frame is even straight, cuz if it's not you might as well take it to the scrapyard now and recoup a little bit of the money you already wasted. Otherwise it looks like you're pretty much going to need an entire front clip for your sol.......so good luck to ya on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU97GS-R View Post
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement
4 Doors are the best!!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916 TwinTurbo916
I actually got 2 sols.. the other is a 94 del sol S 5 spd... was planning on using that frame or parts to rebuild my red si. I figured if it was too expensive to repair, I can sell as is and make money back or part it out to make some money
Old 09-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
slimdelsol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo916 View Post
I picked up my first del sol project. Just wondering how much will it cost to repair the front.. it hit a pole.

Thanks
it depends which city u live in. I remember when i was in dallas,TX i had worst rear end accident with lot of damage and i got it fixed at a local body shop for $1000. And the car looked like BRAND NEW.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Mods: Custom rusted exhaust, missing radio, steelies, LED lights so I can see my gauges, god I missed Hondas
mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdelsol View Post
it depends which city u live in. I remember when i was in dallas,TX i had worst rear end accident with lot of damage and i got it fixed at a local body shop for $1000. And the car looked like BRAND NEW.
who did you have to hump for that price
stolen 89 mustang gt
sold 91 talon
current project 93 probe

Old 09-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
slimdelsol is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha907 View Post
who did you have to hump for that price
lol, dallas is full of cheap mechenics and body shops they are always ready to give u a deal
Old 09-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdelsol View Post
lol, dallas is full of cheap mechenics and body shops they are always ready to give u a deal
Same here in California.. independent body shops do a good job without high costs.. just gotta look around. I'm having a body shop guy come give me a quote today, let's see how that goes.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Type-S Member

i had passenger fender light and hood damage on my Accident oops i mean Accent and i got a quote for $3000 i said fuck it and did it myself
stolen 89 mustang gt
sold 91 talon
current project 93 probe

Old 09-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 2000 Honda Civic Ex Sedan
Mods: nothing to make it fast and plenty of things to make it heavy
HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha907 View Post
i had passenger fender light and hood damage on my Accident oops i mean Accent and i got a quote for $3000 i said fuck it and did it myself
that's what I'm talkin about. i needed to replace the front and rear bumpers on my civic, and I knew it was gonna cost me an arm and a leg. i got the bumpers painted, cleared, and shipped for $375 and put 'em on myself. Now I just have to realign the hood/fenders cuz they're a lil off too

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU97GS-R View Post
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement
4 Doors are the best!!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonduhDave View Post
that's what I'm talkin about. i needed to replace the front and rear bumpers on my civic, and I knew it was gonna cost me an arm and a leg. i got the bumpers painted, cleared, and shipped for $375 and put 'em on myself. Now I just have to realign the hood/fenders cuz they're a lil off too
i was expecting like $1500 at most considering the parts were only like $600 new that means labor and paint and utilities came to $2400 i did it myself by browsing junkyards and parts cars and painted it with a rattle can for about $95 and from 5 feet back it looked brand new any closer and you could tell that it was a spray job on the paint. i saved $2905 by doing it myself
stolen 89 mustang gt
sold 91 talon
current project 93 probe

Old 09-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1995 Del Sol
Mods: Wide body kit, lambo doors, drilled and slotted rotor front and rear, custom door panels, custom sub box with 2 12" Kenwood, custom racing seats, B16A swap, short shifter, DC 4-1 header and a Kaminari front bumper.
mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk mastermind_jk
This much damage you might as well sell parts and scrap the rest. Just by looking at it that parts I see that are bad, Front Bumper $80, Bumper Support $45, Radiator Support $140, Hood $70, Headlights $120 (pair), Fog Lights $50 (pair), AC Condensor $175, can't tell from the pic but maybe fender and fender well work. So about $700 in parts easy, and the work will be any easy 2 to three times that. So I would say 2K to 3K. To much money for what you got.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Olde School Ricer

Car: 89crx
Mods: built motor, supercharged
yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!
Do we look like body men. get a estimate from a local shop
Old 09-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Noob

tech wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrexsi View Post
Do we look like body men. get a estimate from a local shop

Never asked for exact amount, just wanting a heads up. What's wrong with having a ballpark range in mind? I just don't want body shops to overcharge me. If you don't know or don't have any experience..simply ignore this thread. As I stated in the thread, I did get a body shop to come look at the car..they are going to call me back for the quote! I'm still waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement