how to get into locked out del sol trunk? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > Del Sol Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 93 Del Sol
Mods: Came with: ebay intake, catback exhaust racing seats. I put on currently: 15" "Drags" Black with polished lip wrapped in khumo tires, Hyper Amber Corner Lamps, Amber city lights
k0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep troposphere
how to get into locked out del sol trunk?

Ok I have a 93 del sol and I can't get in the trunk, give me anyway possible to get in there I don't care about the key cylinder because I plan on replacing it anyway

and no, theres no trunk latch for the people that don't no.

WTB: Del Sol Inner Fenders (Front)

Plans:

---License Plate Garnish
---Front Bumper Lip
---Rear Bumper Lip
---Trunk Lip (Maybe)
---New radio
---Body Work/paint
---GSR Swap/D16 Swap
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car: 1994 Honda del Sol S/VTEC
Mods: Rocket motorzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
honda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problem
I take it you locked the key in the trunk?

Get a locksmith, he should be able to open the trunk for you. Or drill out the key cylinder and you should be able to pull the metal release.
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f6/finally-some-pics-new-sol-whole-storyline-build-go-56k-have-qui-319163/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-15-2007, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 96 Del Sol SiR TT
Mods: can kiss my butt!
Kabooki you're still here?Kabooki you're still here?Kabooki you're still here?Kabooki you're still here?Kabooki you're still here?Kabooki you're still here?Kabooki you're still here?Kabooki you're still here?Kabooki you're still here?Kabooki you're still here?Kabooki you're still here?
take your title to honda (get a ride duh) show your title and they can make you an original key for about $10

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish View Post
...I have a del sol/mercedes benz and a honda odeyssy( i sold it )...
Old 09-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Mods: Came with: ebay intake, catback exhaust racing seats. I put on currently: 15" "Drags" Black with polished lip wrapped in khumo tires, Hyper Amber Corner Lamps, Amber city lights
k0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep tropospherek0rupt_ed In the rep troposphere
nah not goin to honda or locksmith,

so drill right through the middle and what there will be a tab?

h ow far in?

Plans:

---License Plate Garnish
---Front Bumper Lip
---Rear Bumper Lip
---Trunk Lip (Maybe)
---New radio
---Body Work/paint
---GSR Swap/D16 Swap
Old 09-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
SH Titanium

pulled the cyclinder out and great nothing behind it sso i got a big hole and no poppy the trunk lol now what
do I cut up my garnish?

Plans:

---License Plate Garnish
---Front Bumper Lip
---Rear Bumper Lip
---Trunk Lip (Maybe)
---New radio
---Body Work/paint
---GSR Swap/D16 Swap
Old 09-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

honda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problemhonda_racing101 has a Rep problem
There should be a metal rod attached to the lock cylinder, once thats out of the way, you should be able to pull the metal rod. You will pry have to use a needle nose pliers
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319163
Old 09-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: MazdaSpeed Protege
Mods: fuggin' your mom.
Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?
Get one of the plastic dividers from a binder at CVS, Walgreens, Wal*Mart, anywhere like that. Use a hole punch and punch holes about 1" apart from each other (about 3 or 4 of them should do) Tie floss around the top hole and slip it between the door jam (about 1/2 way up to the roof, to left of the window [drivers side of couse]). Pull on end of floss so it wraps around lock (assuming your locks are the ones that stick up) pull up...
done. I've had to do this a couple times.
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!

O-tay. Sleeper Civic 2.0 under construction

Old 09-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

His trunk is locked, not his doors.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: MazdaSpeed Protege
Mods: fuggin' your mom.
Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?
Thank you sir. I seem to have mis-read. Eitherway, it's a good idea for anyone who locks their door.
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!

O-tay. Sleeper Civic 2.0 under construction

Old 09-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 93 del sol s
Mods:
timtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputation
so why are you willing to drill into it or cut your rear garnish but you wont pay a small amount to goto a locksmith or dealership?
Old 09-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 91' Accord LX
Mods: King Jeremy the Wicked Ruled his World
-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?-=91AcCoRdLX=- you're still here?
get rear ended, that should work
Old 09-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
SH Titanium

cuz its the guy's sol that im buying tail lights off of and thatys what he wantsz to do

Plans:

---License Plate Garnish
---Front Bumper Lip
---Rear Bumper Lip
---Trunk Lip (Maybe)
---New radio
---Body Work/paint
---GSR Swap/D16 Swap
Old 09-15-2007, 11:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car: '93 Del Sol SI
Mods: check out my sig bish!
solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabooki
take your title to honda (get a ride duh) show your title and they can make you an original key for about $10
I don't think honda would make you a key for 10 bucks.

99 EJ8
Coupes FTMFW
Old 09-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Yeah no kidding. Add another 0 to that 10 and that would be closer.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 93 del sol s
Mods:
timtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputationtimtim123 Among Gods/Goddesses in reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0rupt_ed
cuz its the guy's sol that im buying tail lights off of and thatys what he wantsz to do
gotcha, that makes sense then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement