LSVTEC OIL LEAK - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > Del Sol Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1994 Del Sol
Mods: COMPLETE REBUILT LS/VTEC ENGINE, GSR TRANSMISSION,COILOVERS
D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L
LSVTEC OIL LEAK

Whas goin on, ive recently had my lsvtec engine rebuilt and i owe the dude 400 and its leaking so im avoiding bringin it to him, been having a few problems since the rebuild so hes not gettin his money haha. Anyways worked the dum problems out.

So now i have a leak from where the vtec solenoid connects. Ive tried puttin silicone with the gasket and it didnt do much it is still leaking. Any input would help cuz the car is in Pennsylvania(was visiting over there) and im in new york and goin bak for the car tomorrow. Hopefully could get some help on how to fix it.

was also thinkin maybe wen they did the rebuild they mighta not have changed it

thanks guys
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car:
Mods:
solblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problem
You need a new gasket for it. I doubt it was replaced for a rebuild unless the head was torn down. Take the silicone off, pull the gasket out carefully clean and dry it all then put it back together carefully tightening the bolts in steps like you do head bolts till it's tight. It might seal up then, but I'd get a new one soon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L D3L-50L
yea man its 2 states away, id rather not risk drivin it 150 miles leakin oil, wouldnt want it runnin dry. so i think ill get jus the new one first lol..and yea the head was turned down, they polished it an shi
Old 09-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car:
Mods:
solblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problemsolblu has a Rep problem
Then they just got lazy and didn't put a new gasket on it. They come round and when you put them on flatten out. Should be an easy fix.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

didnt understand ur las post, did u mean they flatten out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement