My Radio Resets Every Time I Start My Car - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > Del Sol Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
morganhinthorne is on a distinguished road
My Radio Resets Every Time I Start My Car

i lose all of my eq settings and radio channels.
it s a sony xplode

someone told me that it may be the fuse, that if i replace it that it will solve the problem

has anyone had this problem before?

i could use some help

email:
hinthorneh@yahoo.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1992 honda del sol SIR-Transtop
Mods: OBX spark wires,weapon-r intake,exedy clutch disc,tenrai cat back exhaust
Ninju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganhinthorne View Post
i lose all of my eq settings and radio channels.
it s a sony xplode

someone told me that it may be the fuse, that if i replace it that it will solve the problem

has anyone had this problem before?

i could use some help

email:
hinthorneh@yahoo.com
i had the same problem before.it's not the use.if the fuse was blown the radio wouldn't turn on at all.the problem is due to weak battery.change your battery and you will be fine!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 2008 Civic Si SEDAN
Mods: CAI, performance springs and struts, front camber kit, rear adj upper control arms
91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?91EGGURA you're still here?
or could be grounding issue to as well. if it's not gounded it will get power when power is thrown at it but will completely shut off when power is taken away causing reset. am i right on that?my issues with radio is not my stations but just my setting will go back to factory. it saves my settings as user settings but i shouldn't have to choose user settings just because i put a cd in after listening to the radio
Old 06-28-2009, 05:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Olde School Ricer

Car: 89crx
Mods: built motor, supercharged
yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!
if the back-up fuse (7.5 amp), is blown it will do that
fuse is under the hood.

edit, also if you don't have the memory hooked up on the deck

Last edited by yellowrexsi; 06-28-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
SuperHonda Premium Member

Car: A Bike for now.
Mods: Dayton spinners.
93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy93DelSolProjekt needs rep therapy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91EGGURA View Post
or could be grounding issue to as well. if it's not gounded it will get power when power is thrown at it but will completely shut off when power is taken away causing reset. am i right on that?my issues with radio is not my stations but just my setting will go back to factory. it saves my settings as user settings but i shouldn't have to choose user settings just because i put a cd in after listening to the radio
thats prolly what it is. Check the ground wie and see if its secure, or even still connected. either that, or sell the sony headunit and buy a better one.

Bitch, I'm From Cleveland!!!
And yes, I'm JUGGALO, if you got a problem with it you can
FUKOOF
Old 06-29-2009, 03:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Ninju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93DelSolProjekt View Post
thats prolly what it is. Check the ground wie and see if its secure, or even still connected. either that, or sell the sony headunit and buy a better one.
CHECK the battery like i said before.the car may start like the battery has no problem,but thats not true.anyway write the results here
Old 06-29-2009, 03:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: y2k grocery getter
Mods: little bit of this and that. lots of suspension bits on order
cudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problem
did you just install the radio? or is this one that has been working properly and then just stopped?

you could have mixed up the switchable 12v with the constant 12v... ive done that plenty of times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrexsi View Post
if the back-up fuse (7.5 amp), is blown it will do that

will the back up fuse (7.5a under the hood) cause little to no power on the constant feed and cause the clock not to work?
(sorry donít mean to jack your thread)
I installed my radio the other day and not thinking i started cutting wires bunches at a time. i must have shorted the consent feed because when i checked the voltage at the radio harness the switchable was reading 12v and the constant was only reading 0.3v. I also noticed the digital clock stopped working.
all the fuses under the dash were just fine. but i didnít know there was such thing as a backup fuse under the hood?
would that be my issue?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Olde School Ricer

yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaeh View Post
all the fuses under the dash were just fine. but i didnít know there was such thing as a backup fuse under the hood?
would that be my issue?
I'm not sure on that. Check the fuse and see, it's labeled as back-up, located under the hood
Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Quote:
did you just install the radio? or is this one that has been working properly and then just stopped?

you could have mixed up the switchable 12v with the constant 12v... ive done that plenty of times.

will the back up fuse (7.5a under the hood) cause little to no power on the constant feed and cause the clock not to work?
(sorry donít mean to jack your thread)
I installed my radio the other day and not thinking i started cutting wires bunches at a time. i must have shorted the consent feed because when i checked the voltage at the radio harness the switchable was reading 12v and the constant was only reading 0.3v. I also noticed the digital clock stopped working.
would that be my issue?
i have a transtop and i know exactly what happens with that back up fuse.if he just installed the radio you are right he might mixed up the switchable 12v with the constant 12v.if the back up fuse is blown THE RADIO WILL NOT TURN ON AT ALL,SAME GOES WITH THE CLOCK IN THE GAUGES,AND SAME GOES FOR THE TRANSTOP MECHANISM.if you don't believe remove that fuse and check for your selves.no need to read if it's the backup fuse.that fuse is BROWN and is the only one in the hood with 7,5 Amper.as for the ground wire,i don't think that it can cause that problem.if the radio has no ground connected it won't work.+ i had the same problem and the BATTERY was causing it.the car was starting and ranning just fine but when we measure the voltage on the battery we found that when we try to start the engine the voltage was dropping more than usual and that was causing that RESET of the radio.Thanks
Old 06-29-2009, 06:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
SH Titanium

cudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problemcudaeh has a Rep problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninju View Post
i have a transtop and i know exactly what happens with that back up fuse.if he just installed the radio you are right he might mixed up the switchable 12v with the constant 12v.if the back up fuse is blown THE RADIO WILL NOT TURN ON AT ALL,SAME GOES WITH THE CLOCK IN THE GAUGES,AND SAME GOES FOR THE TRANSTOP MECHANISM.if you don't believe remove that fuse and check for your selves.no need to read if it's the backup fuse.that fuse is BROWN and is the only one in the hood with 7,5 Amper.as for the ground wire,i don't think that it can cause that problem.if the radio has no ground connected it won't work.+ i had the same problem and the BATTERY was causing it.the car was starting and ranning just fine but when we measure the voltage on the battery we found that when we try to start the engine the voltage was dropping more than usual and that was causing that RESET of the radio.Thanks
sweeet, now i know what to check when i get to the parkinglot this afternoon

sooo your saying a cell in the battery might have gone dead? (his issue not mine)
i suppose thats easy enough, take it to your local big chain auto supplyer and have them test the battery for you...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?mattliston you're still here?
most likely not a battery issue if the car starts fine and the radio plays fine. the memory wire on the cd player's harness is most likely the cuprit
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caramel Chocolate Lover View Post
hundreds of dollars for 2-3 lbs off of your flywheel isn't really worth on a street car making less tq than the lid on my jar of jelly
Old 06-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 90 Probe GT
Mods: i does has boosts!!!
ihasadelslo08 You need a lifeihasadelslo08 You need a lifeihasadelslo08 You need a lifeihasadelslo08 You need a lifeihasadelslo08 You need a lifeihasadelslo08 You need a lifeihasadelslo08 You need a lifeihasadelslo08 You need a lifeihasadelslo08 You need a lifeihasadelslo08 You need a lifeihasadelslo08 You need a life
I had the same problem, your deck has a yellow 12v wire which is, like a few people have said, the constant power/memory wire for your deck. This wire is supposed to go to your positive battery terminal which is what gives it the constant power. If it's not hooked up then you will have the same problem everytime you shut off the car. Good luck, hope this helped
Old 06-30-2009, 04:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihasadelslo08 View Post
I had the same problem, your deck has a yellow 12v wire which is, like a few people have said, the constant power/memory wire for your deck. This wire is supposed to go to your positive battery terminal which is what gives it the constant power. If it's not hooked up then you will have the same problem everytime you shut off the car. Good luck, hope this helped
which if i remember correctly from my wireing it shoud be hooked up to the white wire with the blue stripe..

BTW
the backup fuse under the hood was totally what my problem was!
i never knew such a fuse exsisted.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Olde School Ricer

Quote:
which if i remember correctly from my wireing it shoud be hooked up to the white wire with the blue stripe..

BTW
the backup fuse under the hood was totally what my problem was!
i never knew such a fuse exsisted.
FYI
To reset check engine lights, just pull the back-up fuse
Another little secret for you
Old 06-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrexsi View Post
FYI
To reset check engine lights, just pull the back-up fuse
Another little secret for you
sweeeet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement