Targa Top Fix - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > Del Sol Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 94 Honda Del Sol
Mods:
bionetsecurity is on a distinguished road
Targa Top Fix

Hey everyone,

So I'm new here, and have had my del sol for about a year...but i'm trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to fix my targa top from leaking every time it rains. It also winds up having a thumping noise everytime I hit a bump.

Any advice is good advice! Thanks

Rich
SkipTracker
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?BlueBallz you're still here?
I replaced the "outside" top of mine with a carbon fiber one, and there's a good bit of screws up there. Maybe tighten those up? Never had a leak anywhere myself, even in the notorious trunk area. Tight as a crab's ass!
EDIT: Have to remove the headliner, of course, to get to the juicy parts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 1992 honda del sol SIR-Transtop
Mods: OBX spark wires,weapon-r intake,exedy clutch disc,tenrai cat back exhaust
Ninju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sadNinju is sad...just sad
there's not much you can do except changing the seals which are really expensive.the targa top has nothing to tight inside.disassemble it and you will understand what i mean.i guess the best option is to find another targa that is really tight on a crashed del sol.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
SuzanOrtega is on a distinguished road
Indeed changing the seals could prove to be fruitful, but yeas, they do come at a cost. Instead you can buy a used one from your local parts resellers or dismantlers for a much lower price. I’d suggest you get a complete replacement (preferably a used one to cut costs) and get it installed from an experienced workshop.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1995 del Sol S
Mods:
GT13 is on a distinguished road
The roof seals changed in 1995 and were supposed to be much better. I bought the whole set for mine from a junkyard for around $40.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 1996 Del Sol S
Mods: rice rice rice love getting attantion
miguel6632 miguel6632 miguel6632 miguel6632 miguel6632 miguel6632 miguel6632 miguel6632 miguel6632 miguel6632 miguel6632
There was a mod about 2001 where u can out washers to get it a little tighter. Im back after so amny years
HAD MINE SINCE 2001 PAINTED 3 TIMES
AND IM ALL ABOUT LOOKS AND RELIABILITY
Old 07-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1994 Del Sol Vtec
Mods: Bolt ons and suspension mods
Micahg52 is on a distinguished road
As far as the leak try a small amount of lubricant around the seals honda makes it, but I just use vasaline to cut costs .. No leaks
Old 07-16-2014, 06:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Car: 91 CRX Si
Mods: JRSC high boost pulley 450 inj.
daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?daveb91 Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micahg52 View Post
As far as the leak try a small amount of lubricant around the seals honda makes it, but I just use vasaline to cut costs .. No leaks
Vasoline should not be used on rubber...
Boost Upgrade Pulley

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560256
Sponsored Links
Advertisement