She says she likes me and another guy. Please help. - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda Lifestyle & Entertainment > EQ

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!
She says she likes me and another guy. Please help.

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice.

I have known this girl for a good 5 years and we became friends about 2 years ago. She had a boyfriend when we first became friends. She would always come to me for advice and I would do the same with her. We have really become great friends. Anyways, she got tragically dumped 4-5 months ago. I would talk to her all the time to help keep her mind off of her ex. We are very honest with each other and have gotten to know each other very well, which may or may not be a bad thing. Anyways, fast forward to two weeks ago. She was a little depressed and started telling me about how she likes this guy who is 700 miles away that she met once and has Skyped with a lot. She said he gave her hope of finding love again. She also said there is someone else she likes, but wouldn't say. After further talking, she said it was me. I was actually speechless and totally caught off guard (with a big smile on my face). I never thought about her in that light. After saying our goodnights I thought about it. She has really really grown on me since we first became friends. I love her as a friend, no doubt, and could easily love her beyond friendship, but she put me in a weird situation. I have been sending the "good morning" texts every now and then to make her days a little brighter but at the same time she doesn't really flirt too much back, if at all. Today she said she "hasn't picked between either of us yet." Kind of broke my heart due to how long we've known each other. I feel like crap for having to "compete" with some random guy. The only thing I've done is I have stopped texting her as much so I don't smother her and make myself look weak.

Well, we were texting as friends Sunday afternoon for a little bit and she randomly stopped texting me back. She then texts me 4 hours later at 11:30 to have a good night. I didn't reply. An hour later she asked if I was mad at her. I didn't reply right away. I simply wrote the following: "I have been thinking, **** wins. He's dominant (she says he has a dominant personality, w/e that means), has a family, and has all that stuff you like in a guy that I can't offer. After meeting him once he seems to have your heart in a bind where as you've known me forever and nada. He must be really special. I can't compete with that. And as you know, being someone's option is one of the worst feelings and I don't want to have that feeling anymore, it's too heartbreaking. I'm sorry. Goodnight *******.

I didn't hear from her at all yesterday and she text me "Hi.." at 6PM. I wrote, "hey what's up?" and she replied "I wanted to let you know I haven't replied because I've been thinking all day and I didn't want to just say anything back." I said "No worries" and she asked if we could Skype later. We Skype and it's just basically as friends and she blows me a kiss. (Don't know why, she's never done that before.) She never said what she was "thinking about". So I just text her 2 hours ago saying, "You know what? I forgot to ask you what you were thinking about yesterday." She said, "I told you most of it, I was just shocked after reading that msg."

The funny part is, she didn't tell me anything. I don't even know how to respond. This is frustrating.

What should I do? She is really a remarkable girl and it would break my heart if she chooses this random guy because it will be too hard to stay friends with her. Our friendship would not be the same as it was before she took it to the next step, at least in my eyes. I know there are no rules to love. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Nazi Mod

Car: 81 Rabbit 81 Rabbit Pickup 84 Vr6 Rabbit Convertible 97 Accord 00 Jetta VR6 97 Audi A4 1.8t
Mods:
RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!
forget that shit she's just stringing you along to make her feel better. tell her to keep it as friends and she can date the other dude 700 miles away, yeah like that's gonna work. stop letting her play with your mind, and get your shit together.

it's better to lease in this situation than it is to own

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 79 Yugo
Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWabbit View Post
forget that shit she's just stringing you along to make her feel better. tell her to keep it as friends and she can date the other dude 700 miles away, yeah like that's gonna work. stop letting her play with your mind, and get your shit together.
this

other option would be to go in for the kill. but that will be all or nothing at that point
Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
omg again dude?.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!Thorgs Bow down before me!
I guess it doesn't even matter...my car brakes blew out on my way home from work so I'll be walking for a while. No car = no relationship. I lose once again.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
palmela handerson....^^^
Old 06-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car:
Mods:
Kenny Powers you're still here?Kenny Powers you're still here?Kenny Powers you're still here?Kenny Powers you're still here?Kenny Powers you're still here?Kenny Powers you're still here?Kenny Powers you're still here?Kenny Powers you're still here?Kenny Powers you're still here?Kenny Powers you're still here?Kenny Powers you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgs View Post
I guess it doesn't even matter...my car brakes blew out on my way home from work so I'll be walking for a while. No car = no relationship. I lose once again.
if she really liked you, she wouldnt care and would understand your car is broked.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
omg again dude?.....
^THIS!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
if she really liked you, she wouldnt care and would understand your car is broked.
yep

maybe this is a good way to tell

personally i think you should just go for it. tell her that she needs to make up her mind. its you or him, she has brought things out of the friends zone and they can never go back now.

if she still strings either of you along after that then GTFO and never go back

basically what i'm telling you is what do you have to loose at this point? if she hooks up with the other dude then your just gonna be butt hurt about for the next year or eleven. if you try to get with her then its either gonna work or its not.

either way quit sounding like some emo pussy, you'll never get anywhere like that
Old 06-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 1998 Civic EJ9 D14A4.
Mods: Magnecor leads,Iridium plugs,one-off Stainless exhaust,Sports cat,K&N panel filter,stainless manifold&down pipe,FSE FPR.
D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?
Quote:
Hi all, I'm looking for some advice.

I have known this girl for a good 5 years and we became friends about 2 years ago. She had a boyfriend when we first became friends. She would always come to me for advice and I would do the same with her. We have really become great friends. Anyways, she got tragically dumped 4-5 months ago. I would talk to her all the time to help keep her mind off of her ex. We are very honest with each other and have gotten to know each other very well, which may or may not be a bad thing. Anyways, fast forward to two weeks ago. She was a little depressed and started telling me about how she likes this guy who is 700 miles away that she met once and has Skyped with a lot. She said he gave her hope of finding love again. She also said there is someone else she likes, but wouldn't say. After further talking, she said it was me. I was actually speechless and totally caught off guard (with a big smile on my face). I never thought about her in that light. After saying our goodnights I thought about it. She has really really grown on me since we first became friends. I love her as a friend, no doubt, and could easily love her beyond friendship, but she put me in a weird situation. I have been sending the "good morning" texts every now and then to make her days a little brighter but at the same time she doesn't really flirt too much back, if at all. Today she said she "hasn't picked between either of us yet." Kind of broke my heart due to how long we've known each other. I feel like crap for having to "compete" with some random guy. The only thing I've done is I have stopped texting her as much so I don't smother her and make myself look weak.

Well, we were texting as friends Sunday afternoon for a little bit and she randomly stopped texting me back. She then texts me 4 hours later at 11:30 to have a good night. I didn't reply. An hour later she asked if I was mad at her. I didn't reply right away. I simply wrote the following: "I have been thinking, **** wins. He's dominant (she says he has a dominant personality, w/e that means), has a family, and has all that stuff you like in a guy that I can't offer. After meeting him once he seems to have your heart in a bind where as you've known me forever and nada. He must be really special. I can't compete with that. And as you know, being someone's option is one of the worst feelings and I don't want to have that feeling anymore, it's too heartbreaking. I'm sorry. Goodnight *******.

I didn't hear from her at all yesterday and she text me "Hi.." at 6PM. I wrote, "hey what's up?" and she replied "I wanted to let you know I haven't replied because I've been thinking all day and I didn't want to just say anything back." I said "No worries" and she asked if we could Skype later. We Skype and it's just basically as friends and she blows me a kiss. (Don't know why, she's never done that before.) She never said what she was "thinking about". So I just text her 2 hours ago saying, "You know what? I forgot to ask you what you were thinking about yesterday." She said, "I told you most of it, I was just shocked after reading that msg."

The funny part is, she didn't tell me anything. I don't even know how to respond. This is frustrating.

What should I do? She is really a remarkable girl and it would break my heart if she chooses this random guy because it will be too hard to stay friends with her. Our friendship would not be the same as it was before she took it to the next step, at least in my eyes. I know there are no rules to love. Please help.

"**This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.**"

Because learning is fun
Old 06-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: Rogers Mom
Mods: condom
NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!NaPPyDUgout01 Bow down before me!
Dude she sounds like a head case. I wouldnt waste my time.

Id be all like "nah girl, go skype with that N word Ill be playing minecraft"
Old 06-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: Mazda Protege5
Mods: Magnaflow secondary catalytic converter
fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?
Stop wasting your emotional energy, unless that is what you are into, a.k.a. drama queen.
The other dude is 700 miles away and hasn't known her in person. He's basically a jag-off.
Let her know what you are feeling. If she's not into you, then cut it off and just be friends.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

just cum in her butt. problem solved
Old 06-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: Mazda Protege5
Mods: Magnaflow secondary catalytic converter
fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?fartbomber you're still here?
Quote:
...What should I do? She is really a remarkable girl and it would break my heart if she chooses this random guy because it will be too hard to stay friends with her...
Man, it was such a long rant, I missed this statement.
Really? It would break your heart? Then, if that's really the case, there is no question that you would say/do something about it. But, I think you aren't really that into her, so it would only partially break your heart.

No one here is a certified relationship advisor except for Darkness, so do whatever he says. LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement