P1362 - TDC sensor no signal - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum > D-Series Tech

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
lm7
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
lm7 is an unknown quantity at this point
P1362 - TDC sensor no signal

I have a 98 Civic Lx that is throwing a code. P1362 TDC sensor no signal. I believe I need to replace the TDC sensor but any of my local auto parts stores have never heard of a TDC sensor they all guess crankshaft position sensor. If it is indeed a TDC sensor where is it located?

Thanks,
Robert
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2007, 07:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
spainmiami is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm7
I have a 98 Civic Lx that is throwing a code. P1362 TDC sensor no signal. I believe I need to replace the TDC sensor but any of my local auto parts stores have never heard of a TDC sensor they all guess crankshaft position sensor. If it is indeed a TDC sensor where is it located?

Thanks,
Robert
In doing a search I found this. I too have this issue. I got the CEL error code 8, and can't seem to find any answers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 2011 Accord EX
Mods:
HondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problem
it's inside the distributor housing and is not available separate for replacement. you have to replace the distributor.

it houses 3 sensors - top dead center, crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondatechAV6
it's inside the distributor housing and is not available separate for replacement. you have to replace the distributor.

it houses 3 sensors - top dead center, crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor.
Not so fast. I believe u would be incorrect, in this particular case.

I read about this in another forum, and i'm happy to have listened.
Part# 37500-P72-A01

Here's some pix of the Crankshaft Position Sensor

Here's the diagram where the sensor goes
As many of u can tell that's the oil pump. It's not near distributor.

BTW, I got it fixed. I didn't the time to do it. So I had someone do it for $70. The upper casing of the timing belt didn't need removing, just the lower part. As well as some other belts and pulleys.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Mods:
HondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problemHondatechAV6 has a Rep problem
you're showing pictures of the other crankshaft position sensor.

the code is for the top dead center sensor failure.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
you're showing pictures of the other crankshaft position sensor.

the code is for the top dead center sensor failure.
Exactly, the TDC Sensor went bad. 1st my problem was error code 8. Which by the book states error code 8 is "TDC Sensor (Top Dead Center) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor"

My friend read again, this time take note of the Part# 37500-P72-A01 and notice "Crank-TDC SENSOR" When U go there notice the hyphen "-" between the Crank and TDC ACURA INTEGRA CRANK-TDC SENSOR ASSY. Part# 37500-P72-A01
Also, while ur there click on the "View Diagram" so u can see where it's located.

If U still don't believe, then take note of the part# 37500-P72-A01 and call any Honda/Acura Dealership Parts Dept. and ask them if the TDC sensor is also known as the Crankshaft sensor.

When I originally started calling parts depts. I kept asking for the TDC sensor (Top Dead Center) and I was quickly told that it was better known as the Crank shaft sensor.

2nd, when reading this a post in another forum, someone states:
"Also, by the book, getting to the TDC sensor (technically a crank position sensor) is a pain, however....all of those steps aren't necessary. You only need to remove all 3 accessory belts, the harmonic damper, and the bottom bolts of the lower timing belt cover. You DO NOT need to remove the top 2 covers OR the timing belt at all. Once enough bolts are removed from the bottom cover, you can pull it out from the bottom while the top is still attached to the top covers. Just find something to prop it out of the way. The TDC sensor is located to the left of the crankshaft sprocket. This is IF you have to remove the CKP sensor. Now to remove the cam sensors are a pain."

BTW, my goal is not make an argument out of this, just when someone else has this problem with error code 8 and they are googling around for an answer they can see what others have gone thru and how it was resolved.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Mods:
no arguement, just the correct diagnosis.

the sensor you have posted on the D series engines is a crankshaft fluctuation sensor. It's purpose to the computer is solely to moniter crankshaft speed fluctuation a.k.a. misfire activity.

the sensor you have posted is used on F engines and others. it is the tdc/crank position sensor.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
no arguement, just the correct diagnosis.

the sensor you have posted on the D series engines is a crankshaft fluctuation sensor. It's purpose to the computer is solely to moniter crankshaft speed fluctuation a.k.a. misfire activity.

the sensor you have posted is used on F engines and others. it is the tdc/crank position sensor.
Well, I gotta admit U know ur stuff.

Nice diagrams.

Hope this information which we have both posted helps others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement