turbo hondas with vtec do you feel that same change when vtec kicks in - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Performance Tech > TurboCharger

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2003, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 97
Mods: everything u can do to a lude
trip c is an unknown quantity at this point
turbo hondas with vtec do you feel that same change when vtec kicks in

well i tryied to give the ? in the thread as the mods want done. with my car the power stays the same but i may need tohave it tuned better, i noticed my cam duration may be the problem as when vtec kicks in its much larger but by changing the settings you loose power before vtec???? i did talk to bill GUDE of GUDE and BUFROG cams and he said there should not be a problem. he stated that with a milder cam you would not get as much performance out of the car? if you think into it the cam spins 1st opens the intake valve then closes then piston comes up bang power and then the exhuast cam opens and releases unburned fuel and oxygen, so my thinking is i agree with him but why do they sell turbo cams? anyways i have gone crazy with this, so for all of you tech guys talk to me.

fmax turbo kit,GUDE ,cams,tb,headwork,NOS,
Quaife,actclutch,and on and on>>
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2003, 07:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
pip9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't really even noticed vtec kicking in since i got my turbo. At full throttle esp in 1st gear the tach revs from 3500 to 7000+ so fast that i cant tell if it kicked in or not. I dont really think it matters too much. I've heard from most people that if you go turbo u dont need to upgrade your cam(s), so i'd just stick with the stock one(s). I'm not sure exactly what the problem is that your having??

94 civic ex-T
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement