Whats tha best turbo kit for integra GSR? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Performance Tech > TurboCharger

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2005, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
The_Blurr is on a distinguished road
Whats tha best turbo kit for integra GSR?

Hey and thanks for looking and my thread. I was wondering what is the best turbo kit for a stock GSR with daily driving? I want to get a turbo kit that gets me from A to B and if I feel like laying down a patch of rubber, will alow me to do so with no problems.I plan to upgrade it later in life but for now just want something to have fun with. So fi you can, share you infomation and you experiences with the kits
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2005, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car: something with wheels
Mods: whole lot of nothing
Snoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problem
the greddy kit fits your request to the T
Old 05-06-2005, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
I heard those kits dont make alot of hp
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
b16ahybrid has a spectacular aura aboutb16ahybrid has a spectacular aura aboutb16ahybrid has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blurr

They don't compared to other kits. Greddy is probably the safest "bolt-on" kit but if your looking for a "kit" that makes good power for the money (they all cost about the same)..look into drag or revhard. If you want the most out of your set-up go custom it will cost the same and be 10 times the set-up.
04 explorer xlt (daily driver).
Old 05-06-2005, 07:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
B20C1T is an unknown quantity at this point
the greddy kit doesn't make that much power, but it is probably the most reliable. how much power do you want to make?? and how much are you looking at spending.

i have put togather a few turbo kits (peiceing them togather), so there is endless options out there.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Snoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problemSnoopy has a Rep problem
Quote:
you asked for a kit that will get you from A to B. the greddy kit will do that.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?
Greddy kit and 250whp = fun from A to B.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
I'm looking from somewhere between 200 to 250 hp, but the drag turbo kit, if I get it pro installed adn tuned and with a greddy e-emange or hondata should I have any problem getting from A to B?
Old 05-06-2005, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
B20C1T is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'm looking from somewhere between 200 to 250 hp, but the drag turbo kit, if I get it pro installed adn tuned and with a greddy e-emange or hondata should I have any problem getting from A to B?
no, if you only want that much power i would get the greddy kit just because the turbo is small and has very quick spool. it will get you from A to B fast while still being quite responsive.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
so if I bought then greddy turbo kit and then intercooler kit wut else would I need to make it reliable ans save but yet lay down some patches?
Old 05-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car:
Mods:
mr2guy7 is on a distinguished road
im not sure what all the greddy kit comes with but i would get some bigger fuel injectors and have the engine tuned
and the "best" turbo kit for a gsr would be the full-race turbo kit ( www.full-race.com ) but it is a little bit pricier another similar kit is the peak boost kit but that one makes you take out the ac
--edit i also forgot to mention that a stock gsr is capable of "laying some patches"

haha. thats right bitches.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Quote:
so if I bought then greddy turbo kit and then intercooler kit wut else would I need to make it reliable ans save but yet lay down some patches?
i say ditch the fuel management included in the kit and get hondata or similar to fine tune it for max efficiency and power.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
Hatchbackmatt You need a lifeHatchbackmatt You need a lifeHatchbackmatt You need a lifeHatchbackmatt You need a lifeHatchbackmatt You need a lifeHatchbackmatt You need a lifeHatchbackmatt You need a lifeHatchbackmatt You need a lifeHatchbackmatt You need a lifeHatchbackmatt You need a lifeHatchbackmatt You need a life
I am going to go with a full race stage 1 kit with hondata on a stock lsvtec motor
Old 05-10-2005, 04:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
averyvm is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by b16ahybrid
They don't compared to other kits. Greddy is probably the safest "bolt-on" kit but if your looking for a "kit" that makes good power for the money (they all cost about the same)..look into drag or revhard. If you want the most out of your set-up go custom it will cost the same and be 10 times the set-up.

what do you mean by go custom
Old 05-10-2005, 07:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by averyvm
what do you mean by go custom
Buy all the stuff you want to make your own kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement