Why Hondas Suck - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda News, Honda Forum News, Acura news, Acura Forum News > Articles & News

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car: 1997 Acura Integra
Mods: Stock
Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Why Hondas Suck

Have you guys seen this? This is great. I would think this has been posted before though but just incase:

Honda Haters

What do you all think?

I think that

1 - you would have to be retarded to think that if you have more hp per liter than a rival vehicle that you have more hp or are faster. I have never heard anyone say that... has anyone else?

2 - "VTEC is just a crutch to make Hondas Driveable" - I lol'd.

3 - His claim saying that american car that made 102hp/liter is a fail since it is not N/A. I am pretty sure Briggs and Stratton could make 100hp/liter with a turbo.

4 - And overall I enjoyed reading it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 97 civic ex
Mods: mez :ninja
dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!
that page is proudly sponsored by Roger Hassard Jr

Reppin Richmond

I DO NOT GET A VOTE.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car: 1997 Acura Integra
Mods: Stock
Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom yo View Post
Who is that?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 98 BMW 328is
Mods:
Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom yo View Post

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 97 civic ex
Mods: mez :ninja
dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafto View Post
Who is that?
randomhomo that posted above me

Reppin Richmond

I DO NOT GET A VOTE.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafto View Post
Have you guys seen this? This is great. I would think this has been posted before though but just incase:

Honda Haters

What do you all think?

I think that

1 - you would have to be retarded to think that if you have more hp per liter than a rival vehicle that you have more hp or are faster. I have never heard anyone say that... has anyone else?

2 - "VTEC is just a crutch to make Hondas Driveable" - I lol'd.

3 - His claim saying that american car that made 102hp/liter is a fail since it is not N/A. I am pretty sure Briggs and Stratton could make 100hp/liter with a turbo.

4 - And overall I enjoyed reading it.
why are you laughing?....it's all true......

1. hp/liter doesn't win a race...never has....never will......
2. vtec is a crutch to make a small displacement high hp motor more driveable.........why do you think v8's don't need electronic lift control?
3. who cares if a car uses FI?....FI cars tend to be more efficient......they use spent/wasted exhaust energy to make more power as opposed to having to spin at ungodly speeds to push more air and still be inefficient.....any motor can make crazy hp/liter with enough money...who cares about it though it means nothing.....what's hp/liter when you're still slow, and you don't even get remarkable gas mileage?

a 1.8 liter making 180 hp all motor that only runs high 15's and only gets 30 mpg isn't anything impressive when you consider...it's not dominating speed and it's not dominating efficiency........it's being average in both categories....but it makes 100hp/liter...who cares....there are big displacement v6's pulling numbers like that
Old 04-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Many Honda people have written in crying, "No fair--that's a turbo engine! If you put a turbo on a Integra GS-R..." But we're not talking about "if" here. It seems they can't accept the facts. Honda does not make turbo-equipped engines stock from the factory, and what I am talking about here are STOCK horsepower ratings, regardless of induction. I guess it just hurts some Honda enthusiasts to shatter another one of their beloved myths, that only Honda is able to make over 100 HP per liter.

Anoter irony is that one of the most popular modifications for VTEC Hondas is a turbocharger or supercharger. If Chrysler had the foresight in the 80's to install them on the assembly line, then maybe there were a step ahead.

Oldsmobile W- 41 Quad 4

Another American example is the famous Oldsmobile W-41 Quad 4 engine from 1991-1992. That bad boy made 190 hp and 165 ft. lbs. of torque with no turbo! The math only works out to 83HP per liter, but the Honda Si 1.8 liter that makes 100 HP per liter only has 180 HP.

Honda's Larger displacement Engines

Also note that there are only a few of these "high specific output" engines installed in Honda cars. Honda themselves are using more and more larger displacement engines in their cars besides the Civic, Integra and Prelude, such as the V6 in the Accord and in Acura's larger sedans. Even Honda knows there's no replacement for DISPLACEMENT!
it's all true...

h/p liter is a selling gimmick....think about it this way...american cars typically have bigger motors....you're retarded if you don't think that they couldn't make 100hp/liter from the factory...but that would be stupid if they did...i'll give you a few reasons

-you'd have increased insurance rates for cars
-increased cost for production.
-you'd have every idiot on the road with at least 240 hp running around....and considering most v6's now a days are 3.2 or greater...you'd realistically be having every car with 320hp

hp/liter is for bandwagon selling and nothing more....it's easier to get hp/liter out of a v8 than a 4ycl anyway...you have more pistons.....go look at a fox body stang
Old 04-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 1998 Civic EJ9 D14A4.
Mods: Magnecor leads,Iridium plugs,one-off Stainless exhaust,Sports cat,K&N panel filter,stainless manifold&down pipe,FSE FPR.
D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?
"**This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.**"

Because learning is fun
Old 04-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 79 Yugo
Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
Ahhh yes, good old 80's Chryslers with 2.2 turbos. I miss my newyorker
Old 04-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
SH Virus

Mods: Magnecor leads,Iridium plugs,one-off Stainless exhaust,Sports cat,K&N panel filter,stainless manifold&down pipe,FSE FPR.
D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?D14A4 Guy you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATISTANG View Post
Ahhh yes, good old 80's Chryslers with 2.2 turbos. I miss my newyorker
We had a Le Baron with that engine.
It was funny big American styling but without the V8, we felt robbed and it blew up after 3 week
"**This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.**"

Because learning is fun
Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: fuzzy slippers
Mods: fuzzy dice
DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?
honda was never about high horsepower
only rednecks that go in a straight line care about that
I could take a integra type r and beat most muscle cars of the same year at the track
I would probly give alot of them a run for their money in my 4dr gsr
shit I took my civic dx that had strut tower bars and a stripped interior
and I would lose my friend (who had a modded 3000gt vr4) on the back roads
and thats why he got a rx7 tt
Old 04-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: fuzzy slippers
Mods: fuzzy dice
DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by D14A4 Guy View Post
We had a Le Baron with that engine.
It was funny big American styling but without the V8, we felt robbed and it blew up after 3 week
STFU about being robbed
you guys get all the good fords and japan cars and some other shit that we don't even know about
Old 04-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuderMagee View Post
STFU about being robbed
you guys get all the good fords and japan cars and some other shit that we don't even know about
x's mutherfukin 12397093802840283

even your ford focus is fast
Old 04-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
SH Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuderMagee View Post
STFU about being robbed

Because learning is fun
Old 04-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 98 BMW 328is
Mods:
Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!
Would kill for a focus rs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement