Why Hondas Suck - Page 2 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda News, Honda Forum News, Acura news, Acura Forum News > Articles & News

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomhero View Post
Would kill for a focus rs.
hahah yeah....sleeper.....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 1990 240 DL
Mods: A bag of Sweedish Fish
MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?
haha, yeah, all true. Not to say Honda's suck, but there not as awesome as lots of fanboi's claim they are

1.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Wagon - "Violet"
2.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Sedan - "Veronica"

I drive bricks with wheels.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
hondas are good at what they are meant for.....good gas mileage
Old 04-07-2010, 04:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
Black Cloud

MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
eh, I'd give them a few more good marks.

Reliable, well built, low cost to own, and fun in the twisties

Old 04-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Super Nazi Mod

Car: 81 Rabbit 81 Rabbit Pickup 84 Vr6 Rabbit Convertible 97 Accord 00 Jetta VR6 97 Audi A4 1.8t
Mods:
RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!
I laughed when they said the 500hp honda engine was 10k and ran on 118 lets be realistic here he would had been fine with a deck guard, eagle rods and stock crank but instead they are using crower one of the most expensive companies out there. could have gotten away with a heavy port and polish stock sized valves but aftermarket valvetrain like ferrea. it would still be more expensive than the v8 but not 10k maybe 5k-6k built with some nice shit

it's better to lease in this situation than it is to own

Old 04-07-2010, 05:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 97 civic ex
Mods: mez :ninja
dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!
Quote:
actually, as dude said, they are good for the turns. im pretty sure they didnt make integra type r's for good gas mileage

Reppin Richmond

I DO NOT GET A VOTE.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Hondas have a pretty darn good suspension geometry that a lot of cars in the same price range, even far out of its price range don't have.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom yo View Post
actually, as dude said, they are good for the turns. im pretty sure they didnt make integra type r's for good gas mileage
true....for fwd platorms in the 90's....although i do agree with roger that hondas are overhyped i do not believe that they "suck"....i love hondas.....i just don't like fanboy delusional bias viewpoints.......but the itr is a thing of the past and it was good in the 90's but lost it's throne to domestic fwd platforms....and honda hasn't really come up with an answer in that area yes.....hondas used to be fun peppy cars that were affordable, pretty, and unique.....i feel like they have been getting away from that as time goes on and becoming more and more like every other car company.......i think hyundai and kia are about to replace honda in those categories..
Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 1998 Nissan 240sx SE
Mods: All stock, for now. Hooked up the stereo though.
SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?
Quote:

a 1.8 liter making 180 hp all motor that only runs high 15's and only gets 30 mpg isn't anything impressive when you consider...it's not dominating speed and it's not dominating efficiency........it's being average in both categories....but it makes 100hp/liter...who cares....there are big displacement v6's pulling numbers like that
Hey dickhead, my 180hp 1.8L went 13.6 AND got over 30mpg on the regular.

My nissan barely breaks 21mpg.

But my Honda was actually 195hp (And Im sure that 15hp DEFINITELY made that 2 second difference in ET).
Old 04-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQTGSR View Post
Hondas have a pretty darn good suspension geometry that a lot of cars in the same price range, even far out of its price range don't have.
not if you factor in the mugen si .....sorry i couldn't resist
Old 04-07-2010, 06:37 AM   #26 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirfallsalot243 View Post
Hey dickhead, my 180hp 1.8L went 13.6 AND got over 30mpg on the regular.

My nissan barely breaks 21mpg.

But my Honda was actually 195hp (And Im sure that 15hp DEFINITELY made that 2 second difference in ET).
your 1.8 liter motor/build cost you 5 grand and wasn't even remotely stock.....your nissan is......and i remember how much of a headache it was for you to even get your shit setup right haha.....and you probably used drag radials for that....i don't think your nissan runs right.....even with mine misfiring with a mafs issue i still get 26 mpg.......and when it was running right i was getting 29-31 mpg with the sr

you do know that steves 520 whp sr was getting 27 mpg...:-P how's that for hp/liter economy for you :-P
btw i see that cute sister of yours just had a bday? how old is she now? :-P jp
Old 04-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Quote:
not if you factor in the mugen si .....sorry i couldn't resist
I don't know much about the mugen si, It dosen't count

Old 04-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQTGSR View Post
I don't know much about the mugen si, It dosen't count
35 k after dealership markup
Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: fuzzy slippers
Mods: fuzzy dice
DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?DuderMagee you're still here?
Quote:
true....for fwd platorms in the 90's....although i do agree with roger that hondas are overhyped i do not believe that they "suck"....i love hondas.....i just don't like fanboy delusional bias viewpoints.......but the itr is a thing of the past and it was good in the 90's but lost it's throne to domestic fwd platforms....and honda hasn't really come up with an answer in that area yes.....hondas used to be fun peppy cars that were affordable, pretty, and unique.....i feel like they have been getting away from that as time goes on and becoming more and more like every other car company.......i think hyundai and kia are about to replace honda in those categories..
I bet that a late 90's ITR will still beat alot of the (if not all ) of the current domestic FWD cars on a track
yes it will lose in a straight line to the Colbalt SS and the SRT-4
but what else?? And again both of those cars need FI to do it
stock for stock I think they (ITR's) beat the silvia's too in those races they did on BM
and ALOT of other RWD cars as well IIRC
I think that they dominated (in their price range)until the evo 7 and the competing subie came out
Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 1998 Nissan 240sx SE
Mods: All stock, for now. Hooked up the stereo though.
SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?SFAL you're still here?
Quote:
your 1.8 liter motor/build cost you 5 grand and wasn't even remotely stock.....your nissan is......and i remember how much of a headache it was for you to even get your shit setup right haha.....and you probably used drag radials for that....i don't think your nissan runs right.....even with mine misfiring with a mafs issue i still get 26 mpg.......and when it was running right i was getting 29-31 mpg with the sr

you do know that steves 520 whp sr was getting 27 mpg...:-P how's that for hp/liter economy for you :-P
btw i see that cute sister of yours just had a bday? how old is she now? :-P jp
I can smell gas in my car. Always have been able to. I've had R/T Tuning check over the whole fuel system, no leaks anywhere. Nowhere. That'd be the only thing that could explain it, cuz the car runs fine. I have a heavy foot, and typically shift at like 4k, lol. Plus the KA is a pig. Its heavy, and a larger displacement than an SR. Its not unreasonable that an SR should get better gas mileage, especially when you keep it out of boost. You can keep it out of boost, or barely boost it, and still get around fine. I feel like I'm WOT on this fuckin KA all the time just to get it out of its own damn way.

When Im on the highway though, i can get 400 miles to the tank. (29mpg)

And it wasnt really a headache to get the B18 running right- it was the first time I'd ever done anything like that, so it was a learning process. The only real headache i had was that i kept going through junk ECU's.. Itd run and tune fine, and then like two weeks later I'd lose the tune. Once we got that fixed (by using a P28 instead of a P72), i didnt have an issue.

And my sisters 20 today. No touchy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement