Why Hondas Suck - Page 3 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda News, Honda Forum News, Acura news, Acura Forum News > Articles & News

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #31 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 79 Yugo
Mods: Fuzzy dice hanging in the mirror, chrome hub caps, oversized waabaa valves
ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?ATISTANG you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
.i feel like they have been getting away from that as time goes on and becoming more and more like every other car company.......i think hyundai and kia are about to replace honda in those categories..
i agree, they started using a mcpherson strut in 06 i think? the suspension on my 89 crx is more advanced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 1990 240 DL
Mods: A bag of Sweedish Fish
MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATISTANG View Post
i agree, they started using a mcpherson strut in 06 i think? the suspension on my 89 crx is more advanced
I know, right?

gheyness. Honda sold out.

1.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Wagon - "Violet"
2.) 1990 Volvo 240 DL Sedan - "Veronica"

I drive bricks with wheels.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #33 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car: 1997 Acura Integra
Mods: Stock
Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
The new civic Type R is a real Type R. I agree to that Honda is all soft now but not that car. They finally made something that is a raw street legal race car. Not that we will get it. (prey that Acura gets a CSX Type R or something). Oh wait, you guys dont get the CSX in America... I dont think anyways.

But yeah, the civic type R is faster than a NSX around suzuka (however it is spelled). That is amazing, FWD, and less horsepower. Just goes to show the suspension set up is intense.

Oh Hondas are good at holding value too.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #34 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?Shafto Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Oh I like how this is a Honda Forum and like more bad things are being said than good...... maybe we should use the C4C program.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #35 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirfallsalot243 View Post
I can smell gas in my car. Always have been able to. I've had R/T Tuning check over the whole fuel system, no leaks anywhere. Nowhere. That'd be the only thing that could explain it, cuz the car runs fine. I have a heavy foot, and typically shift at like 4k, lol. Plus the KA is a pig. Its heavy, and a larger displacement than an SR. Its not unreasonable that an SR should get better gas mileage, especially when you keep it out of boost. You can keep it out of boost, or barely boost it, and still get around fine. I feel like I'm WOT on this fuckin KA all the time just to get it out of its own damn way.

When Im on the highway though, i can get 400 miles to the tank. (29mpg)

And it wasnt really a headache to get the B18 running right- it was the first time I'd ever done anything like that, so it was a learning process. The only real headache i had was that i kept going through junk ECU's.. Itd run and tune fine, and then like two weeks later I'd lose the tune. Once we got that fixed (by using a P28 instead of a P72), i didnt have an issue.

And my sisters 20 today. No touchy.
you're running the ka on a stock map...get steve to lean out the factory settings and keep her at 10% throttle and cost in gear on decel.....and the sr isn't just as much of a pig as the ka....there is only a 30 lb weight difference hehe :-P larger displacement with the same gear ratios should equate to better highway miles at cruising.... :-P then again my car is lighter than yours...:-P i don't even have the powersteering assembly on my car :-P
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafto View Post
Oh I like how this is a Honda Forum and like more bad things are being said than good...... maybe we should use the C4C program.
we're realistic.....not delusional....fanboism just isn't big on this forum anymore....vtec is cool i guess but it's not even original....honda had great marketing more than anything else
Old 04-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #37 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
The new civic Type R is a real Type R. I agree to that Honda is all soft now but not that car. They finally made something that is a raw street legal race car. Not that we will get it. (prey that Acura gets a CSX Type R or something). Oh wait, you guys dont get the CSX in America... I dont think anyways.

But yeah, the civic type R is faster than a NSX around suzuka (however it is spelled). That is amazing, FWD, and less horsepower. Just goes to show the suspension set up is intense.

Oh Hondas are good at holding value too.
i would expect so...the nsx isn't even made anymore...i would hope new technology would close the gap in performance to older designs.....nsx's didn't even make that much power.....something like 220whp...there is only a 20whp difference between the 2 cars......factor in that the nsx weighs almost 3200 lbs

Quote:
2005 Acura NSX Base Coupe Performance & Efficiency Standard Features
- 2,977 cc 3 liters V 6 mid engine with 90 mm bore, 78 mm stroke, 10.2 compression ratio, double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder
- Premium unleaded fuel 91
- Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 24 and EPA city (mpg): 17
- Multi-point injection fuel system
- 18.5 gallon main premium unleaded fuel tank
- Power: 188 kW , 252 HP SAE @ 6,600 rpm; 210 ft lb , 285 Nm @ 5,300 rpm
2005 Acura NSX Base Coupe Handling, Ride & Braking Standard Features
- Four-wheel ABS
- Four disc brakes including four ventilated discs
- Electronic traction control via ABS & engine management
- Immobilizer
- Rear limited slip differential
- Spacesaver steel rim internal spare wheel
- Wishbone front and rear suspension independent with stabilizer bar and coil springs
2005 Acura NSX Base Coupe Exterior & Aerodynamics Standard Features
- Body color front and rear bumpers
- Driver and passenger power body color door mirrors
- External dimensions: overall length (inches): 174.2, overall width (inches): 71.3, overall height (inches): 46.1, wheelbase (inches): 99.6, front track (inches): 59.5, rear track (inches): 60.7 and curb to curb turning circle (feet): 38.1
- Projector beam lens Xenon bulb headlights
- Heat reflective glass
- Luxury trim leather on doors and leather on dashboard
- Pearl paint
- Fixed rear window with defogger
- Trunk/hatch spoiler
- Steel manual front sunroof
- Tinted glass on cabin
- Weights: curb weight (lbs) 3,197
- Windshield wipers with variable intermittent wipe

Read more: 2005 Acura NSX Specs, Engine Performance & Other Car Specifications - Motor Trend Magazine
now factor in that the si already weighs a hair under 3K lbs....the type r will most likely be lighter than that prolly around 2750-2800 lbs with around 195-200whp.....

and it's only one car that honda has....they got rid of my favorite....the integra as well as the nsx and s2k....i'll never forgive them.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #38 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Quote:
we're realistic.....not delusional....fanboism just isn't big on this forum anymore....vtec is cool i guess but it's not even original....honda had great marketing more than anything else
dude I am seriously done replying to anything you have to say.

but you do need to get your facts straight. It wasnt untill just recently that other companies offer a true variable valve lift mechanism. Sure a lot have cam phasing but not variable lift.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #39 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
dude I am seriously done replying to anything you have to say.

but you do need to get your facts straight. It wasnt untill just recently that other companies offer a true variable valve lift mechanism. Sure a lot have cam phasing but not variable lift.
dude take your own advice...get your facts straight....variable valve lift was developed gm and implemented by fiat in the 70's

Variable valve timing: Encyclopedia II - Variable valve timing - History
Quote:
The first experimentation with variable valve timing and lift was performed by General Motors. GM was actually interested in throttling the intake valves in order to reduce emissions. This was done by minimizing the amount of lift at low load to keep the intake velocity higher, thereby atomizing the intake charge. GM encountered problems running at very low lift, and abandoned the project. The first functional variable valve timing system, including variable lift, was developed at Fiat. Developed by Giovanni Torazza in the 1970s, the ...
you are the typical fanboy we are referring too
Old 04-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #40 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 98 BMW 328is
Mods:
Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!
Quote:

you are the typical fanboy we are referring too
im starting to think so

Old 04-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #41 (permalink)
Black Cloud

MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?MQTGSR you're still here?
yeah, I was gonna say, Honda didn't invent variable valve timing. They were however the 1st company to successfully market and implement it on its line of vehicles.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #42 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQTGSR View Post
yeah, I was gonna say, Honda didn't invent variable valve timing. They were however the 1st company to successfully market and implement it on its line of vehicles.
that part right there....but it's expensive...it's cheaper to do larger displacement and simple vvt......honda had a selling point more than anything and then used the hp/liter to help with that marketing strategy........then people starting equating vtec to turbos and winning races.....they are peppy nimble reliable daily drivers.......a little overpriced because of supply and demand...but still good cars....that's why i said i don't share rogers disdain for honda but i do share his dislike for the overhype and the direction they are headed in..i'm about to jump on the hyundai/kia bandwaggon...after driving my grandma's kia forte sports coupe with 2.4 liter, i'd gladly drive that bad boy..peppy, comfortable great on gas, torquey and decent hp, with an optional 6 speed .....and you get blue tooth and ipod interface and not that annoying civic gauge cluster.....can't wait till they really start pressing aftermarket for them
Old 04-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #43 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 98 BMW 328is
Mods:
Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!
Quote:
that part right there....but it's expensive...it's cheaper to do larger displacement and simple vvt......honda had a selling point more than anything and then used the hp/liter to help with that marketing strategy........then people starting equating vtec to turbos and winning races.....they are peppy nimble reliable daily drivers.......a little overpriced because of supply and demand...but still good cars....that's why i said i don't share rogers disdain for honda but i do share his dislike for the overhype and the direction they are headed in..i'm about to jump on the hyundai/kia bandwaggon...after driving my grandma's kia forte sports coupe with 2.4 liter, i'd gladly drive that bad boy..peppy, comfortable great on gas, torquey and decent hp, with an optional 6 speed .....and you get blue tooth and ipod interface and not that annoying civic gauge cluster.....can't wait till they really start pressing aftermarket for them
whoa whoa whoa, i dont dislike hondas. i dislike the stupid fanboys that think hondas are gods.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #44 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomhero View Post
whoa whoa whoa, i dont dislike hondas. i dislike the stupid fanboys that think hondas are gods.
well you did start site called...."why hondas suck" hahahahahahha
i hate new hondas....i love old hondas.....dc2 will forever have a place in my heart.....

p.s. check the announcement in your control panel everybody
Old 04-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #45 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Quote:
well you did start site called...."why hondas suck"
i hate new hondas....i love old hondas.....dc2 will forever have a place in my heart.....
This is the absolute truth. And the DC2 holds a soft spot in my heart as well. I'm seriously considering getting another.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement