CV axels - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > DIY: Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 2000 Civic Si
Mods: SRR lowers controls, ASR uni-body mount, skunk upper rear strut bar, AEM cold air intake, Competition brand clutch
hummeld3 is on a distinguished road
tech wrench CV axels

Hey guys sorry if I piss someone off and ask questions that have been asked a million times, but i can't seem to find the answer. I have a 2000 Civic Si and I'm getting ready to change out the cv axels. I'm Ebaying the axels cause it's extemely cheaper to do, but I can't figure out what axels I need. The main thing I don't know is what driver side axel do I need? The car has the intermittent shaft, but I'm not sure if I need an axel with a male end or female (found both kind that "fit 2000 civic si" on ebay) to fit into the intermittent axel. If anyone could help me that would be awesome. Also, while everything is apart I'm doing the timing belt, water pump, and idler pully. Is there anything else that should be changed out while I'm all up in it? Car has 131,000 miles on it FYI.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 2000 Civic Si
Mods: SRR lowers controls, ASR uni-body mount, skunk upper rear strut bar, AEM cold air intake, Competition brand clutch
hummeld3 is on a distinguished road
According to all the diaghrams I find, both axels have two male ends, but then I'll find one on Ebay for sale that has a female end. I'm so confused and almost completely burned out on figuring this out hahaha.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement