Reprogramming my ECU - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Performance Tech > ECU & Fuel System

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2006, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
sot2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Reprogramming my ECU

I was told that I needed to replace my ecu on my 99 honda accord. I when to the junk yard and found the correct replacement for the car. The problem I'm having is that my car is not starting at all. Do I need to have the ECu reprogrammed?? If you does anybody know of a company that could come to my house and reprogram the ecu for me? Please advice. Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 2006 wrx wagon
Mods:
gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?
Are you getting a check engine light? Your ECU doesnt need to be reprogrammed...soemthing else is the problem

Teal Civic Sold: 08/31/2006
Green Integra Wrecked: 07/13/2011
FOLD FOR SHO! TEAM 54075
folding@home
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Thanks for the response gurusan, the reason I changed the original ecu is because it was tripping the check engine light. Now the replacement ecu is not cranking up my car, it just hestitates. Please advice. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 2006 wrx wagon
Mods:
gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?gurusan you're still here?
The CEL is flashed when something is wrong with the car...not the ECU. Try putting the old ECU in and going to autozone or something to get the error code pulled. That should tell you what's wrong

Teal Civic Sold: 08/31/2006
Green Integra Wrecked: 07/13/2011
FOLD FOR SHO! TEAM 54075
folding@home
Old 05-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
Rick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doRick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doRick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doRick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doRick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doRick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doRick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doRick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doRick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doRick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to doRick V Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do
did 99 accords have chips in the keys? if they did and truthfully i know shit about accord specifics then it may be your problem or at least one of them
Old 05-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car:
Mods:
female four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick V
did 99 accords have chips in the keys? if they did and truthfully i know shit about accord specifics then it may be your problem or at least one of them
Yup, my 98 Accord has the immobilizer so his 99 should have it too. Thats why the new ECU isn't working on the car.

Fix the old one and the CEL. That is your problem. Whom ever told you it was the ECU was a dumbass.

OBD2 ECU's can't really be reprogrammed.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Thanks folks for your responses, but the reason why I changed the old ECU is because it was tripping the check engine light after I hit 4000 rpm. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? Please help. Thanks.

P.s. What does CEL stands for?
Old 05-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
92AccordJDMH22A is on a distinguished road
CEL = Check Engine Light

As mentioned above I would reinstall the old ECU and have your car set a code or light then have the code pulled by Autozone like gurusan said. Then post back on this forum as to what code is set and I'm sure someone here can help you further.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car:
Mods:
female four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problemfemale four has a Rep problem
The CEL is what is causing your RPM's not not go above 4000 rpms. Find out what it is and fix the problem.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Thanks folks for your response. The code that AutoZone give me several weeks ago was a code "P1259", something that has to do with the VTEC. Since than I have changed the VETC Solenoid, still did not solve the problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to get this problem resolved. Please adicve. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
you could need more oil...it could be bad wiring on the pressure switch, it could be a dirty screen, it could be lots of things.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sot2006
Thanks folks for your response. The code that AutoZone give me several weeks ago was a code "P1259", something that has to do with the VTEC. Since than I have changed the VETC Solenoid, still did not solve the problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to get this problem resolved. Please adicve. Thanks.
Google is your friend as well as the WWW.

Searched for Honda P1259 on google and got this. In I quote:

Quote:
The VTEC oil pressure switch is a normally closed switch. The ECM sends a voltage to the switch and expects the voltage to go through the switch to ground. If the ECM reads a voltage on that circuit when the VTEC system should not be operating, it will turn on the "check engine" light and set a code. This code will be a P1259 on a vehicle with OBD-II.
Gives you something to go off from. Other than that, search the internet my friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement