Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Photoshop how to's

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  BiggieWolf 
#1 ·
people are always like "wow thats awsome how did u drop that" or "i want rims on this car" we should start up a How to scection for all those photoshop wanna be's (dont mean that in a bad way)

#2 ·
nd4speedm1 said:
people are always like "wow thats awsome how did u drop that" or "i want rims on this car" we should start up a How to scection for all those photoshop wanna be's (dont mean that in a bad way)
Im down with that...i kno how to lower and add rims, i just wanna learn more, that would be cool to learn from eachother...

#4 ·
im not sure exactly how others do it, but i select the part i wanna change...with lasso or extract or paths...once its selected , go to image, adjust, then color balance, u can change the color and still keep the highlights and shadows of the car...

#5 ·
here is how i do it, i select the car with the lasso, doesn't have to be perfect but you don't want to end up replacing colors for the entire image. then go to image, adjust, replace color. then once in there click the eyedropper with the + on it and click the parts of the car on the preview untill the entire car is white, anything that's in white is going to have the color changed. then adjust the RGB levels to your liking and you have a color changed car :) dropping you do the same thing select the car (more precisly this time) and drag the car lower. then use the rubber stamp tool to fill in the gaps around the car you created when you lowered it to look like it wasn't photoshopped. hope that helps

#6 ·
pushVTEC said:
dropping you do the same thing select the car (more precisly this time) and drag the car lower. then use the rubber stamp tool to fill in the gaps around the car you created when you lowered it to look like it wasn't photoshopped. hope that helps
Here's an easier way..

Select the car with the lasso.. Like, just start at the front of the car.. Go down the front bumper, up the wheel well (around the wheel) right along the bottom of the sideskirt, around the rear wheel well, then continue alllll the way across the picture until you get to the border.. then go alll the way to the top, allll the way back across to the left, and then down again so it meets with where you first started.. THEN drag it down.. it won't leave any gaps.. here's an example of how you should select it..

The blue line is what you should be doing with the lasso.. Just take your time so you can make it look realistic (not selecting something you're not supposed to.. i.e. the shadow beneath the car, part of the car's body, ect..) Good luck! :D

#12 ·
Re: thank

orange_juice said:
thanks guys, your help is very appreciated,
but how do you change the angle of a body kit?:confused: :confused:
actually u cant change the angle, the only thing u can do is change the perspective a lil, distort it, rotate it, if that doesnt work ur just gonna have to find a pic of the kit at a similar angle

#13 ·
This is my very first attempt at doing a colour change in photoshop.

Tell me honestly what you think for first go and done in 10 minutes?

#15 ·
#16 ·
It is sorta free. Go to www.download.com and do a search for Morpheus. Then download the Kazaa version. With the Kazaa program do a serch for Photoshop and download the Photoshop ver. 6.0 English edition. I hope you don't have a dila up modem........

Also, how do you insert a picture onto another pic? Say, if I wanted to put different wheels on a car. Thanks!

#17 ·
wheels

for wheels just find a picture of the wheels you like on another car or in general. then use the elliptical tool to select the entire wheel then go to edit-copy. then go to the picture of the car you want the wheels to be on and use the elliptical tool again, this time around the wheel on the car that you are replacing then go to edit-paste. hope that helps.

now i have a question for the photoshop pros how do i shave side moldings or door handles or anything of that nature? thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.