Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Xs power omg good deal!!

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Jo060 
#1 ·
lol..

Here is a warning for everyone that saw an ebay turbo kit for 500 bannanas.

I bought this kit about a month ago and im going to list the problems i have been having

1. This kit DID NOT fit my car in any way possible. I had to cut out my radiator and accuay move it to fit this retarted chinese turbo.

2. It said keep A/c... if my a/c was the size of a peanut it still would have to be removed.

3. Every pipe didnt fit i had to cut and weld almost all pipes.. and this sucked considering psi was going threw half of them.

4. My turbo leaks oil... already.. and i boosted for half a day.

5. My wastegate seems to leak air when i drive because after driving my car for a little i have no boost... none at all all motor.. so either My turbo decides to stop after awhile or my wastegate cant hold hot exhaust pressure.. idk either way it sucks

6. BOV works 40% of the time. It makes a very aqward noise when it lets off sometimes.

7. This turbo spools at like 6,000 rpms.. wtf lol

8. This turbo caused me to fall down my steps and hurt my leg.

9. This is the number for my manifold.. im waiting for it to crack but it hasnt yet because my turbo cant boost high enough.

10. I need turbonetics :mad

See less See more
#2 ·
get a lawyer and call up xs power..its about time someone mans up.

#6 ·
Integrar888 said:
lol..

Here is a warning for everyone that saw an ebay turbo kit for 500 bannanas.

I bought this kit about a month ago and im going to list the problems i have been having

1. This kit DID NOT fit my car in any way possible. I had to cut out my radiator and accuay move it to fit this retarted chinese turbo.

2. It said keep A/c... if my a/c was the size of a peanut it still would have to be removed.

3. Every pipe didnt fit i had to cut and weld almost all pipes.. and this sucked considering psi was going threw half of them.

4. My turbo leaks oil... already.. and i boosted for half a day.

5. My wastegate seems to leak air when i drive because after driving my car for a little i have no boost... none at all all motor.. so either My turbo decides to stop after awhile or my wastegate cant hold hot exhaust pressure.. idk either way it sucks

6. BOV works 40% of the time. It makes a very aqward noise when it lets off sometimes.

7. This turbo spools at like 6,000 rpms.. wtf lol

8. This turbo caused me to fall down my steps and hurt my leg.

9. This is the number for my manifold.. im waiting for it to crack but it hasnt yet because my turbo cant boost high enough.

10. I need turbonetics :mad
From what I read I really think its your install. You have no idea what you are doing or talking about. Your turbo can NOT just stop working from time to time. There is no way your turbo just decideds to STOP boosting. The diaphram in the wastegate IS mostly likely a POS. But that would on make your car OVERBOOST not under. The aqward noise you BOV makes is called compresser surge, thats why you only hear it some of the time. You probably have the BIGGEST boost leak ever in the history of turbo. DUE TO INSTALL!! and your intercooler boosting off and flying across the street?? thats also DUE TO INSTALL!!

PS. please get out the turbo world :bash

#7 ·
Integrar888 said:
i forgot to add.. they sent a dead cat with my turbo.. this shit is ridiculous.

lol the only time i really got to boost my intercooler blew off across the street. that was so funny that was worth the 500 bucks.. i got to see my intercooler blow off
awesome :number1

#8 ·
i guess due to install the shaft was not balanced correctly? lol i checked the turbo that was the problem the whole time, it was not balanced correctly. My intercooler blew off because i didnt tighten the sleeves yet and i thought that was funny... i wasnt finished. Lol if you can give me one possible way that installation can cause shaft play then give it a shot. The turbo isnt siezed its unbalanced so it was nothing to do with oil flow. Do you even have a turbo or are you just saying all of this stuff because you think you know about them or you read it and your repeating everything you read...

#9 ·
Please, please, please.....b NOONE come in here trying to defend f*cking xspower garbage! Attack the installer if you so choose, but in the end xs is f*ckin junk. I've been in the Honda game since 1998, and I assure you no level of expertise will stop xspower products from being f*cking trash.

I do Crome and AEM tuning for hire in my area, and just tuned an xspower setup on a 2000 EX coupe hlast week. The turbo is leaking oil past the seals already, the piping fit was marginal, and the overall quality is marginal at best. I got his tune about 90%, with just slightly conservative timing and a slightly fat a/f for safety, and I assure you, those junk turbo's spool slower than their garrett counterparts on the same setup.

The casting sucks compared to a quality turbo, as do the wheels, and that certainly will account for efficiency losses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.