GM Syncromesh MT fluid - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda Racing > Part Review > Fluids & Misc

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
1CrawlinAccord is an unknown quantity at this point
GM Syncromesh MT fluid

I switched to GM Syncromesh MT fluid about 5 months ago, and I am very happy with it so far. I had a slight grind in 3rd gear in the higher RPM's with the standard MT fluid. After a couple of weeks with the Syncromesh, the grind almost disappeared totally. I highly recommend GM Syncromesh MT fluid to anyone.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2004, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: Beyonz
Mods: Porsche air filter
90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!90Si Bow down before me!
same here. after just 50 miles my 3rd gear grind went away, not completely but it doesnt grind like it used to, and my tranny has about 209xxx miles(i think the honda 3rd gear syncro's have a design flaw)
Old 10-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 1990 Honda CRX HF
Mods: d16a6
Moon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud ofMoon Ill has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Si
same here. after just 50 miles my 3rd gear grind went away, not completely but it doesnt grind like it used to, and my tranny has about 209xxx miles(i think the honda 3rd gear syncro's have a design flaw)
Agreed.. the 3rd gear flaw thing. I havn't tried the GM MT Fluid, but I more than likely will.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-09-2004, 09:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 93 Honda Prelude VTEC
Mods: AEM Intake & Cam Sprockets , RC Throttle Body, Greddy SS Header , RSR Exhaust , Carsound Cat , ACT Clutch & Fly, NGK 8mm Blue Wires, JDM Type-S Valve Cover , Koni Yellow Shocks , RSR Down Springs, Nuespeed Short Shift Adapter, CF Dashkit, CF
mike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problem
I was about to go out and get this yesterday. Was debating on either getting honda mtf or this. But due to the fact that my 3rd gear just this week has gotten bad. I think im going to get the synchromesh now.

Thanks for the review. Ill let you know how it goes for me today.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 93 Del Sol Si
Mods:
Darth Sol is an unknown quantity at this point
where can i find gm syncromesh? would i be able to get it at a regular parts store? thanks
Old 10-11-2004, 07:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 93 Honda Prelude VTEC
Mods: AEM Intake & Cam Sprockets , RC Throttle Body, Greddy SS Header , RSR Exhaust , Carsound Cat , ACT Clutch & Fly, NGK 8mm Blue Wires, JDM Type-S Valve Cover , Koni Yellow Shocks , RSR Down Springs, Nuespeed Short Shift Adapter, CF Dashkit, CF
mike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problem
I was only able to locate it at autozone. Car does feel better with it. Im not too sure about the shifts yet, but they do seem better somewhat.

5 dollars a quart. Youll only need 2 quarts.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 93 Del Sol Si
Mods:
Darth Sol is an unknown quantity at this point
great, thanks for the info
Old 01-01-2005, 06:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
JDMugen1 will become famous soon enough
Can you use this stuff in the winter too?
Old 01-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 98 Civic Ex Coupe
Mods:
kommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapy
It should be fine in the winter.

Here is a little more info regarding synchromesh.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-pennzoil-synchromesh.htm
Old 04-18-2005, 07:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 98 Accord LX 4dr
Mods: intake, short trow adapter, pair of custom moled sub,18" Apex5, remote start.
Accord_boy619 is on a distinguished road
I guess it feels better but not realy the shifts is bout the same as Honda MTF but w/Syncromesh my 4th gear was harder to get out of. Its easy to go into any gear just hard to take out of 4th, n yes the clutch is all the way in. It didnt perform to my expectations, the shifts aint slipery its crisp like the Honda MTF but not better. This might change over time tho. I will post if it feels any better.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:12 AM   #11 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
autokid00si will become famous soon enoughautokid00si will become famous soon enough
I use it my Honda and my always grindy DSM, it works really really well in my honda and does an ok job in my DSM
Old 08-31-2005, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
lngbchkd83 is on a distinguished road
so comparing the gm syncromesh with the penzoil syncromesh is one better than the other? i saw the penzoil one at the parts store today and its supposed to be compatible to the gm and chrysler syncromesh fluids, so im guessing gm came out first then penzoil is the aftermarket/cheaper alternative anyone have their two cents to put in comparing the two, also how about the bg syncroshift?
Old 09-01-2005, 07:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 98 Civic Ex Coupe
Mods:
kommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapy
pennzoil makes synchromesh for GM. So just buy pennzoil for 1/2 the price. I recently switched to synchromesh from redline mt90. synchromesh is a little slicker than the mt90 was. I would say that it is comparable to redline mtl. I will probably stick with synchromesh just because it is easier to get... Local autozone carries it, whereas I have to hunt all over town for redline or order online...
Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: Honda...Duh!
Mods: Classified Info
Mr.60trim In the rep troposphereMr.60trim In the rep troposphereMr.60trim In the rep troposphereMr.60trim In the rep troposphereMr.60trim In the rep troposphereMr.60trim In the rep troposphereMr.60trim In the rep troposphereMr.60trim In the rep troposphereMr.60trim In the rep troposphereMr.60trim In the rep troposphereMr.60trim In the rep troposphere

Sale/Trade:
***Currently Parting Out My Car***
https://www.superhonda.com/forum/f47/...g-more-334934/
WTB:
Nada...
Old 09-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 98 Accord LX 4dr
Mods: intake, short trow adapter, pair of custom moled sub,18" Apex5, remote start.
Accord_boy619 is on a distinguished road
I used this on m accord and now its grinds goin into second. And on hrd pulls it kinda gets stuck in 2nd and 4th. I dont like it. Im goin back to HG MT or try redline.