Lucas Octane Boost - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda Racing > Part Review > Fluids & Misc

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 2002 Civic
Mods: Skunk2 coilovers,KYB AGX, SPC camber kit, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, AC Autotechnic EL reverse indiglo gauges, RS grill, Alpine cd player, JL Audio 1000.1 amp, and 13W7 with custom wave box, momo seats, JDM Honda type r H emblems, JDM road flare, gas door emblem, emissions decal, progress sway bars and tie bar, momo tuner steering wheel, TEIN hood
burke420 can only hope to improve
Lucas Octane Boost

as far as my money goes, this is the best i've been able to buy. it helps keep response smoother in my car(2002 Civic LX). dont waste money on anything else! this stuff is the best. it's like $8 or so but you'll notice a good difference. so if you ever see it at Advance or Autozone, try it you wanna you'd prolly like it! :byye
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car: 98 Civic Ex Coupe
Mods:
kommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapykommon_sense needs rep therapy
If you have to use octane boost to have the car be smooth, then you've got a problem that needs to be fixed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car: 2002 Civic
Mods: Skunk2 coilovers,KYB AGX, SPC camber kit, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, AC Autotechnic EL reverse indiglo gauges, RS grill, Alpine cd player, JL Audio 1000.1 amp, and 13W7 with custom wave box, momo seats, JDM Honda type r H emblems, JDM road flare, gas door emblem, emissions decal, progress sway bars and tie bar, momo tuner steering wheel, TEIN hood
burke420 can only hope to improve
well i mean my car ride smooth already, but using this made the tranny ride smoother, but yeah it does feel rough occasionally.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car: 2000 Civic HX
Mods: Custom mesh grill (gutter guard!!!), DIY gunmetal headlights, Hella Optilux Driving Lights, Reverse Indiglow Gauges, Del Sol Seats, Type-R Style Quick Shift Auto Knob, "Racing" Pedals (haha, "Racing")
gmusquiz will become famous soon enough
Made the tranny smoother, where the hell did you put this??? All I know is this is not where I would spend $8...
Old 04-08-2005, 06:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
wow.....if you're spending $8 for octane boost in a civic lx, then your car has some issues. go clean out those carbon deposits and get back onto 87 octane. your car will run better, smoother, and you'll get better mileage.

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1989 Integra Xsi.
Mods: No mods yet but give it time.
kiwilowlux is an unknown quantity at this point
the best octane booster i have seen so far is methanol. 105 by vol seems to work very well. We buy it here in NZ for $225-230 and it cranks the octane from 96 to 99 allowing 4-6 deg of timing advance to my friends 450hp subaru sti so it would work wonders in your ride. Im going to give it a go after i make a few other mods, intake pipe etc then see how much timing it allows me to run as i will run it as far as i can until we detect some knock.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
notice everyone....subaru sti.....not a honda civic.

wrx > civic all the time.....so the civic people don't need that high of an octane.

Old 09-12-2005, 07:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Mods:
boostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHOboostaholic Is quite a popular one around SHO
go to homedepot or the paint supply store...

and get yourself a gallon of toulene... its much cheaper.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 93 Civic Hatchback CX
Mods: GSR engine swap! DC sports header, AEM intake and custom exhaust!
Verdugo is a name known to allVerdugo is a name known to allVerdugo is a name known to allVerdugo is a name known to allVerdugo is a name known to allVerdugo is a name known to all
I dont think hes talking about an octane booster, its a conditioner and fuel injection system cleaner. Thats why it feels smoother. Its good i use it all the time! Again its not an octane booster!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Noob

Ok, Here in NZ the fuel already has a high toulene content so adding more isnt going to give much of an octane boost and it also costs $70 for 20 litres as opposed to $23 for the same in methanol.
As far as octane rating goes, more is better, if i could get 116 octane on pump i would advance my timing by 20deg and run 13.5:1 + comp
But at the mo, as i have access to some knock detecting equipment im gonna just run as much timing as i can on 96 them add some meth in a couple weeks.
Hey was wandering guys what sort of octane numbers do you guys have??
oh, booshaholic NICE CAR.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilowlux
As far as octane rating goes, more is better,
this statement isn't always true. in a stock civic, accord, etc....those economy cars....a lower octane is better. even if the engine is modified. octane does not equal power. it is merely a buffer against predetonation....meaning, the higher the octane number, the harder it is to burn.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Yes ,ok my bad. As you say that statment isnt always true.
BUT... For the reasons that i wanted to use the fuel for it is appropriate to use high octane fuel. Im well aware that just going out and putting high octane juice into a stock vechicle will make it slower,Unless it uses some thing like closed/open loop knock control where it will increase timing to suit( within reason)
Quote:
lower octane is better. even if the engine is modified.
OK octane guards against detonation TRUE?
so we get detonation from excessive timing TRUE?
we also get detonation from excess boost TRUE?
both of these mods DO NOT give you more power if all you get is detonation TRUE?
so why not get a little more octane?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Mods:
welcome to super[size=10HONDA[/size]

name a performance honda vehicle equiped w/ a turbo that's available globally.

also name a honda that has a purely economy motor that's required to run premium fuel.

quit trying to be the devil's advocate you're right that you HAVE to run a higher octane on a performance motor. but most honda motors are FAR from being high performance.

Old 09-12-2005, 02:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Noob

Ok. Sorry if I tryed to push things a little. As far as i know all of the type r bretheren acc,civ,teg even logo are all recomended in japan to use 98+ octane here in NZ we get all of the jdm cars and therefore have to run them on 98.
As far as turbo hondas go, did the us ever get the turbo city? Its a great peice of crap. it falls into your non-perfomance list.
what octane are usdm vtecs supposed to run on?
Old 12-24-2005, 07:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 06 DC5 S
Mods: Dunno!!!!!
BlackEJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagneticAL
welcome to super[size=10HONDA[/size]

name a performance honda vehicle equiped w/ a turbo that's available globally.

also name a honda that has a purely economy motor that's required to run premium fuel.

quit trying to be the devil's advocate you're right that you HAVE to run a higher octane on a performance motor. but most honda motors are FAR from being high performance.
S2000, RSX-S, Civic Si, NSX, etc...........
I mean just to name a few

Joo bishes will bow down to Teh mastah