Can A Cracked Radiator Hose Cause Rough Starting And Rough Acceleration? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
In_Correct is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Can A Cracked Radiator Hose Cause Rough Starting And Rough Acceleration?

I have had performance problems I solved mostly but I do not know what to do next.

The difficulty starting especially cold starting in cold temperatures and the delayed acceleration and other acceleration problems and the temperature gauge goes up when stopped at lights. I replaced the radiator, radiator caps, radiator fan, transmission hoses, and I switched to NON Ethanol Fuel.

There is a huge crack in the upper radiator hose. The car's performance improved 82% but I do not know what to do next. Will a bad temperature sensor cause difficulty starting? When I replace the radiator hoses will it improve starting and performance? Does the cracked hose let air inside the radiator?

After I replace the cracked hose, I will do other routine maintenance. New Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter. What Else? Should I replace Fuel Filter? M.A.P. Sensor? (or just clean it?)

1994 Accord EX Wagon

(and yes I will spend any amount to keep my cars no matter how old)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!