Car speeds up for No Reason - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Accord Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2019, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 03 Accord 4dr. Lx, 96,14 Camry LE, 68 C10, 02 Harley FXD
Mods: all stock with one exception the Harley
babcock9er is on a distinguished road
Car speeds up for No Reason

Hello there, I have a 03 Accord with a 2.4 vtec eng, auto 5 speed trans. The car speeds up for no reason with the cruise control "DISENGAGED" what the h e ! ! is going on with that. Can anybody out there give me some direction on which way to start looking for whats making the car speed up? I can give more details when needed.

Would appreciate any and all advice for this problem.
Thanks in advance
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2019, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 03 Accord 4dr. Lx, 96,14 Camry LE, 68 C10, 02 Harley FXD
Mods: all stock with one exception the Harley
babcock9er is on a distinguished road
Sorry I guess more info was/is needed.
The car did this to my wife three times in the same up hill curve with winds up word at 35-50 mph but only the last two times with winds blowing hard. The car had a fault code (16-01) which I took compressed air and blew it clean and drove down a flat dirt road and pushed gas peddle to the floor to engage the ABS system or to re set it. So far I haven't been able to duplicate the winds but I did drive the car to the same location twice to see if it would do it to me, Nope just drove through the curve like normal. So I don't know if me blowing off the sensor did the trick or that one day it will do it again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!