Connecting Rod - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda Lifestyle & Entertainment > Honda Off-Topic Lounge > R/C & Model

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car: 1996 Integra SE, 2014 S5, 2017 C63S on the way
Mods: See the sig.
CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?
Connecting Rod

I have a Kyosho buggy, .15.
I put a header and muffler system on it, and about 3 minutes after those installs, I managed to sieze the engine. Took it apart, and the Connecting rod and bearing were cracked where it connects to the crank. Having trouble finding a replacement rod. Can I just go by size?

If you need more info, I'll be back home this weekend, I can take some pics. Thanks a lot.

RIP my Smartech 4wd...battery low on receiver, took a 90 turn at top speed into a boulevard. snapped the Right front and rear control arms and axels...no replacement parts anymore...

Integra: 173whp, S5: 380awhp
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2006, 07:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 93 Honda Prelude VTEC
Mods: AEM Intake & Cam Sprockets , RC Throttle Body, Greddy SS Header , RSR Exhaust , Carsound Cat , ACT Clutch & Fly, NGK 8mm Blue Wires, JDM Type-S Valve Cover , Koni Yellow Shocks , RSR Down Springs, Nuespeed Short Shift Adapter, CF Dashkit, CF
mike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problem
http://www.rcmart.com should have some.

The engine youd be better off replacing it. You can find .15 OS CVR for nearly nothing and itll be way faster than what you had. In fact the .18 CVR should fit on there...just be sure to match the right crank / exhaust and carb with what you have. If your not sure , just show some photos of the engine and Ill tell you what u have or even just link you to the motors you should be able to use.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?CapnToll you're still here?
Yea, for the time being, I swapped in my sleeve, piston, and rod from my .12 street car, and its been running awesome for the past month or so. Probably slightly slower. I needed to swap the smaller heat sink as well because the the one for the .15 wasnt creating enough compression.

Thanks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 93 Honda Prelude VTEC
Mods: AEM Intake & Cam Sprockets , RC Throttle Body, Greddy SS Header , RSR Exhaust , Carsound Cat , ACT Clutch & Fly, NGK 8mm Blue Wires, JDM Type-S Valve Cover , Koni Yellow Shocks , RSR Down Springs, Nuespeed Short Shift Adapter, CF Dashkit, CF
mike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problem
Wow , very interesting. Yeah the heatsink also contains the button head which would be different between the 2.

You should look into the .18 cv-r then , itll pull wheelies and such I bet. Just gear it up some since it revs less rpm and youll see probably a good 10-15mph change in top speed and much quicker getting there.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sweet, I'll definately look into that. Although it will have to wait, my budget is going to towards some stage II cams and tuning first lol. Thanks for the info.