R/C Plane - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda Lifestyle & Entertainment > Honda Off-Topic Lounge > R/C & Model

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: MazdaSpeed Protege
Mods: fuggin' your mom.
Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?
R/C Plane

As long as I can remember I've always wanted an R/C plane. I just got to thinking about it today...damn! Why not get one now?

Can someone suggest some lower priced but decent models?
I have a HUGE field at my house to fly in with no trees or power lines. It's about 1,200x1,200ft. I don't want anything huge and nothing rinky dink. Any ideas?
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!

O-tay. Sleeper Civic 2.0 under construction

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2007, 06:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired *********

Car: 1999 Crown Vic
Mods:
05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?
Check the reviews at RC Universe http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/index.cfm

This one looks pretty nice http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=825

I'd recommend a battery powered one to start, they are cheaper and require less field equipment. You will crash it, so it's best to go with with a cheaper and slower battery powered trainer and then move up to a gas powered model after you gain some flying experience.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
SH Virus

Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?Jo060 you're still here?
hehe! HEy Someone answered! I bought one a few days ago. It came in last night, i'm about to go try 'er out!
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 93 Honda Prelude VTEC
Mods: AEM Intake & Cam Sprockets , RC Throttle Body, Greddy SS Header , RSR Exhaust , Carsound Cat , ACT Clutch & Fly, NGK 8mm Blue Wires, JDM Type-S Valve Cover , Koni Yellow Shocks , RSR Down Springs, Nuespeed Short Shift Adapter, CF Dashkit, CF
mike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problem
Wild stuff I wanted to try one too and got one last week. It was $26 dollars and comes with a DVD , seems to be the best one for the cheapest price I could find.

What did you get , where from and have you flown it yet?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
SH Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_sho
Wild stuff I wanted to try one too and got one last week. It was $26 dollars and comes with a DVD , seems to be the best one for the cheapest price I could find.

What did you get , where from and have you flown it yet?

Heh, that is pretty crazy

I bought a Vortex Extreme by Draganfly Innoventions.

I got it from RCtoys.com (draganfly website) for about $120ish. It's pretty wild A LOT harder than I thought. I had trouble remembering that left is right and right is left, but when it is comming towards you it reverses again...ay yay yay! But anyway, I gave it a try, 1st 10 seconds I flew it into a tree (but I bought a plane with the prop behind the cockpit for that reason) with no damage . Tried again and did a few nose dives into the ground. Finally got a little hang of it and was flying it for about 30 seconds...got really excited and threw it into a tree. It ate the wings. But I bought a back up kit for only $20.00 that comes with a new wing, rear wings, rechargable batteries ect... (its called the crash kit). All in all it was fuN!! :-D!
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!

Old 03-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
SH Virus

Here is what she looks like. It's a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be.

It's amazing how much thrust come out of that single prop. It's kind of hard to hold on to if you open the throttle all the way and don't have a firm grip on it. I put my face right behind the tail wings with the throttle wide open. That was crazy, you would think you have a 24" fan right in front of your face, very powerful!
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!

Old 03-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
SH Virus

So, I took her for another flight a few min ago in a HUGE unbuilt neighborhood! It was amazing! It did great and no crashes! It was a blast. I felt like a little kid :-D!
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!

Old 03-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Mods: AEM Intake & Cam Sprockets , RC Throttle Body, Greddy SS Header , RSR Exhaust , Carsound Cat , ACT Clutch & Fly, NGK 8mm Blue Wires, JDM Type-S Valve Cover , Koni Yellow Shocks , RSR Down Springs, Nuespeed Short Shift Adapter, CF Dashkit, CF
mike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problemmike_sho has a Rep problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo060
Here is what she looks like. It's a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be.

It's amazing how much thrust come out of that single prop. It's kind of hard to hold on to if you open the throttle all the way and don't have a firm grip on it. I put my face right behind the tail wings with the throttle wide open. That was crazy, you would think you have a 24" fan right in front of your face, very powerful!
Mine looks similiar.

Also looks like they raised the price after i bought it. LOL must of been a typo.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?
Looks sweet, I'm really temped to buy it. How long does the battery last?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
SH Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroDamus
Looks sweet, I'm really temped to buy it. How long does the battery last?
Depends how long you keep the throttle wide open for. If you let it glide alot you can get 30 mins out of a charge which is more than enough time.
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!civic1784 Um, 1 million? Damn!
cool, how much assembly was required or was it pretty much ready to fly right out of the box?

i really want an R/C helicopter
Old 03-09-2007, 07:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic1784
cool, how much assembly was required or was it pretty much ready to fly right out of the box?

Buy an air hog at wal mart. They are like 60 bux and can fly indoors, but they are still hard as fuck to fly, definitely takes practice to control.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
SH Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic1784

Its very easy to put together. Get a plane that is RTF (ready to fly) and there will be little assembly required. Otherwise you'll need glue, solder, and many more parts.
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Black Cloud

RTF ALL THE WAY FOR THE NOOBS. Most of its charge and fly and they come with good instructions normally. Take it to an open field and off you go. Also be sure to choose a day thats not windy.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
SH Virus

Right on!

It takes a lot of practice/crahses. I picked up this R/C Plane flight simulator that comes with an actual remote control that has helped me A LOT with flight.

It's basically like this, just a little different.
Fast+Reliable=Not Cheap

4 Doors are the best!!