Whats the Oldest R/C that you own? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda Lifestyle & Entertainment > Honda Off-Topic Lounge > R/C & Model

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2005, 06:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?
Whats the Oldest R/C that you own?

Just like what the title says...

My dad use to race in Austin all the time when I was like just born.

I have a home made chassis built off a bolink invader. 1/10
And a Tamya buggy. I forgot what it was called I think itís a Hornet 1/10
Both from 86 or 87.

And they still run too, I have tracked down old parts so that they still run.
They have all Futaba electronics too. The two controllers are from the 80's as well.

Whats your oldest?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2005, 07:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired *********

Car: 1999 Crown Vic
Mods:
05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?05 tC you're still here?
Clod Buster and Futaba controller from the late 80's.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx
Mods: SR built to the hilt, Work wheels, origin lab kitted, HKS coilovers, tomei diff.
SilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphere
Tamiya grasshopper
Old 11-30-2005, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 94 Civic 3dr Si
Mods:
White Pride SI is a name known to allWhite Pride SI is a name known to allWhite Pride SI is a name known to allWhite Pride SI is a name known to allWhite Pride SI is a name known to allWhite Pride SI is a name known to all
I have a Kyosho Ultima, the only original part is the gear box. All Novak electronics, full ball bearings(gear box,steering and wheels), Trinity Gagantua motor(82k rpms), flat graphite chassis, alloy camber kit, aluminum screws-bolts and some kind of gold shocks. If it ever hit you at full speed it would break your ankle.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?lemansfreak2004 What did you do to deserve all this rep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Pride SI
If it ever hit you at full speed it would break your ankle.
Yeah man thats how my dads bolink is too.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx
Mods: SR built to the hilt, Work wheels, origin lab kitted, HKS coilovers, tomei diff.
SilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphereSilvStylin45s In the rep troposphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfreak2004
Yeah man thats how my dads bolink is too.
seen someone get a concusion at a gas nats once. Corner marshal took one to the dome :noo
Old 12-01-2005, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 94 Civic 3dr Si
Mods:
White Pride SI is a name known to allWhite Pride SI is a name known to allWhite Pride SI is a name known to allWhite Pride SI is a name known to allWhite Pride SI is a name known to allWhite Pride SI is a name known to all
My friend had a RC-10 by Associated. It nailed my friends car went airbourn and hit the side of my nieghbors car. 400 bucks in damage. Never found one the front tires.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: Millano Red 2000 Civic Si
Mods: Tri Color Reverse glow gauges, Type R red Floormats, AEM V2 CAI, Axle back exhaust, Projectors, Coilovers, B&M Short throw shifter, 4-2-1 Header, LS/VTEC, gsr cams, AEM camgears, si pistons, balanced ls rods, crank.
2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere2000redCIVICsi In the stratusphere
type-r

I still have my old Midnight Pumkin from tamiya. Just went back to the rotary speed controller just for nostalgic purposes. Its awsome. Too bad my brothers Tamiya Lunchbox became the parts donor. We used to race for HOURS on end.

2000 Civic Si - Sold back in 2007
1991 Civic Si - ZC Swapped yummy scrum-diddly-umptious-ness

"Most people live their lives wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem.." -Ronald Reagan, 1985.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Fred Mertz is an unknown quantity at this point
I started racing R/C back in '84. Ive had many cars and trucks over the years.
I have kept a few over years. I have a Tamiya Frog and Blackfoot. A very early RC-10. The first RC-10T. The First Losi truck. A Traxxas truck, 3 RC10L's, From Custom Works I have a Dominator, Enforcer and a Intimdator. From HPI a have many on-road cars for both road and oval racing.

I raced mostly mod classes. I still have many RecTech mod motors and at least 40 various stock motors with different timing advances. All my controllers were Futaba ie: Magnums, Magnums JR's.. The newest one is a 3PS from about '95.

I never like Tekin products in any way. I used all Novak all the time.

Now I've been racing go karts for the last 6 years.

Fred
Old 02-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 1990 CRX Si
Mods: www.glasssphere.net/crx
jadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant future
I got rid of it about 1 year ago, but the oldest I had a Mauri Big Bear from 1987!!

1990 CRX Si, B18C-r, AEBS sleeves, Endyn rollerwave pistons, Crower rods, 85.5mm bore, 89mm stroke, 2.05 liter, M62 blower, LHT intercooler, Hasport mounts / linkage / harness, Gator Stage II axles, LoCash ECU adapter, TODA cam gears / timing belt / oil pump, Manley valves / springs / retainers, ITR exhaust cam, GSR intake cam, ARP studs, Koyo rad, Flex-a-lite fans, Somco hoses, Hondata S300, Walbro 255 fuel pump, AEM rail, Aeromotive FPR, RC 750cc injectors, MSD coil / SCI+ ignition / wires, AEM air intake, Kamikaze header, Greddy SP2 exhaust, ACT clutch, ACT flywheel, Full Race traction bar, Progress coilovers, Neuspeed fr & rr anti-roll bars / fr & rr tower braces / lower brace, Ingals fr & rr camber kits, Fast brake 11" fr & rr brake conversion, 15/16 master cylinder, rebult OEM steering rack, Hyperflex bushing kit, Prothane trailing arm & toe bushing kit, Skunk extended studs & lugs, Rota GT-3s, BFG KDW 205/50 R15, JDM SiR front coversion with ViS hood, JDM SiR spoiler, SiR cluster with KPH-MPH convertor, Skunk dual bend shifter, Type R shift boot, SoS NSX rapid shift knob, Complete re-paint every piece of plastic trim & glass replaced with OEM, Every suspension component powder coated, and she has A/C!!

Old 02-22-2006, 04:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
GotBoost98 In the stratusphereGotBoost98 In the stratusphereGotBoost98 In the stratusphereGotBoost98 In the stratusphereGotBoost98 In the stratusphereGotBoost98 In the stratusphereGotBoost98 In the stratusphereGotBoost98 In the stratusphereGotBoost98 In the stratusphereGotBoost98 In the stratusphereGotBoost98 In the stratusphere
I havent had any Rc cars since shesh lets see here. About 17 or 18
Old 02-22-2006, 05:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 1990 CRX Si
Mods: www.glasssphere.net/crx
jadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant futurejadkar has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBoost98
I havent had any Rc cars since shesh lets see here. About 17 or 18
I have a gutted superlight T-Maxx that I use to race and a FW05 with an NSX body

1990 CRX Si, B18C-r, AEBS sleeves, Endyn rollerwave pistons, Crower rods, 85.5mm bore, 89mm stroke, 2.05 liter, M62 blower, LHT intercooler, Hasport mounts / linkage / harness, Gator Stage II axles, LoCash ECU adapter, TODA cam gears / timing belt / oil pump, Manley valves / springs / retainers, ITR exhaust cam, GSR intake cam, ARP studs, Koyo rad, Flex-a-lite fans, Somco hoses, Hondata S300, Walbro 255 fuel pump, AEM rail, Aeromotive FPR, RC 750cc injectors, MSD coil / SCI+ ignition / wires, AEM air intake, Kamikaze header, Greddy SP2 exhaust, ACT clutch, ACT flywheel, Full Race traction bar, Progress coilovers, Neuspeed fr & rr anti-roll bars / fr & rr tower braces / lower brace, Ingals fr & rr camber kits, Fast brake 11" fr & rr brake conversion, 15/16 master cylinder, rebult OEM steering rack, Hyperflex bushing kit, Prothane trailing arm & toe bushing kit, Skunk extended studs & lugs, Rota GT-3s, BFG KDW 205/50 R15, JDM SiR front coversion with ViS hood, JDM SiR spoiler, SiR cluster with KPH-MPH convertor, Skunk dual bend shifter, Type R shift boot, SoS NSX rapid shift knob, Complete re-paint every piece of plastic trim & glass replaced with OEM, Every suspension component powder coated, and she has A/C!!

Old 03-17-2006, 03:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 1995 Integra
Mods:
tegggy is a rep whoretegggy is a rep whoretegggy is a rep whoretegggy is a rep whoretegggy is a rep whoretegggy is a rep whoretegggy is a rep whoretegggy is a rep whoretegggy is a rep whoretegggy is a rep whoretegggy is a rep whore
I have a losi jrxt w/ lxt conversion and alot of parts. I used to race alot around the time those came out. Damn I miss it. I had some real skills.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car:
Mods:
krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?krazykloudz you're still here?
my first was an electric hpi rs4, then i got a traxxas nitro sport to try out the nitro side of the playing field, then i got a nitro 4tec 2.5, it's all fun but it costs alot of money and takes alot of upkeep for how short you drive them lol
Old 09-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 05 Cobb stage2 wrx
Mods:
solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?solman Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
I had an rc10 L for the longest time. I got bored and put a t maxx engine in it. It was the fastest rc I ever had. Then I sold it on ebay for $100