Hello, hello, help! - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Honda Vehicle Models > CRX Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
PBR

Car:
Mods:
PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello, hello, help!

What's crackin' guys. Just bought a '91 CRX for a winter car. 188K on her, but pretty new struts, new clutch, new tires, and still running strong.

I drove her to work today for the first time, but stalled on a hill (still getting used to this clutch). Then she wouldn't start for like 25, 30 seconds. Engine would turn, but just wouldn't fire. So after holding up traffic for like a minute, she finally fired up and I was real careful not to stall again for the rest of the trip.

Haven't had a chance to yet, but I'll take a look at the plugs dizzy and belts when I get home. Anybody else have any suggestions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
91EDMVTECCRX is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch or Gas, from your description.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-19-2006, 06:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
PBR

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91EDMVTECCRX
Clutch or Gas, from your description.
Brilliant! :clap :clap :clap
Old 10-19-2006, 08:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
SH Black Diamond

Car:
Mods:
ataris2 is on a distinguished road
check your main ignition relay. they have a great track record for going bad. and when it screws up it wont kick your fuel pump on and obviously wont start. take it out and put it in the freezer for a couple hours and wam bam thank you maam. that is just my $ .02
Old 10-19-2006, 08:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
PBR

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataris2
check your main ignition relay. they have a great track record for going bad. and when it screws up it wont kick your fuel pump on and obviously wont start. take it out and put it in the freezer for a couple hours and wam bam thank you maam. that is just my $ .02
Thanks. I'll check it tonight. A little bit off topic, but if my clutch is engaging really high up where do I adjust it to engage further down in the pedal travel?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
hondapride59 is just really nicehondapride59 is just really nicehondapride59 is just really nicehondapride59 is just really nicehondapride59 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataris2
dont rig up ur car to become a piece of shit. all u have to do is take apart the relay and resolder the points and it will work perfect again. thats is what i did in my prelude, but it shouldnt be that cuz if it acts up it usually doesnt work for a little while
Old 10-24-2006, 10:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
placid888 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like your flood the egine