92-96 Prelude Moonroof Conversion Install Guide/FAQ - Page 3 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Prelude Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2005, 07:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car:
Mods: h23vtec
98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy98vtec needs rep therapy
Quote:
Originally Posted by riptide101
I can't see the pics either.
thats because our photo host is currently down. As soon as its back up and running, the pictures will show up again.
1/8 mile 7.61 @93.3
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2005, 09:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 1994 Honda Prelude VTEC
Mods: DC Sports DAC, DC Sports 4-2-1 Header w/2.5" Collector, KTeller 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Magnaflow 22" bodied resonator, Thermal R&D dual 2" tip muffler, energy suspension master bushing kit + all additional bushings, 4Bidden Shifter, 97-01 Prelude Moonroof Retrofit, JDM Black Housing Headlights
IHIPrelude94 needs rep therapyIHIPrelude94 needs rep therapyIHIPrelude94 needs rep therapyIHIPrelude94 needs rep therapyIHIPrelude94 needs rep therapyIHIPrelude94 needs rep therapyIHIPrelude94 needs rep therapyIHIPrelude94 needs rep therapyIHIPrelude94 needs rep therapyIHIPrelude94 needs rep therapyIHIPrelude94 needs rep therapy
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex09
Anyone pls!!! i want to do this over the weekend
Honestly, without the pics it's pretty straight forward.

The only thing that you might need a picture for is when you drill holes in the brackets... you just line the holes up where it mounts to the car and drill through the other 2 holes...

Grinding down the bump stops is pretty self explanatory too. You don't have to cut down the "guide strips" as I mentioned. Works either way.

I have the pics on my Computer at Home and I'm away at College right now. I might be able to get them this weekend, but the photohost should be back up soon.

Do you already have the roof?

~Peace

Project: 1994 Grenada Black Pearl Prelude VTEC 5-Spd. Mods listed in profile
Daily Driver: 2008 Nighthawk Black Pearl Civic Si Sedan. Bone stock... for now...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-05-2005, 01:11 PM   #33 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 95 Prelude Si
Mods: stock
alex09 is an unknown quantity at this point
I`m getting it tomorrow it will cost me $220 Can. i will end up getting everything incl. the motor but whatever the guy at the junkyard said he wouldnt part it out, anyways i wanted to ask you, when you say: "1) Use a utility knife to cut 1/4" from the 2 rubber slider guide strips on each side of the moonroof."
is this the bootom or the sides of the rubber strip that goes around the sunroof??thx
Old 10-07-2005, 08:54 AM   #34 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Arrow

Ok so whan the guy at the yard said "whole assembly" he raelly did mean the whole thing now i have the sunroof but with everything that goues with it that includes the huge sttel asseble that it has around it with the motor and the arms and it loos fairly new to me and nice and clean....anyhow i was just wondering if anybody knew how to take apart the assembly??it a 97 prelude assem. thx for any help i can get guys
Old 10-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #35 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Cool

nevermind i took it apart.....prety easy just hope the install will be as simple....thx
Old 01-19-2007, 10:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
geoffrey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
sunroof panel replacement

Wasn't sure where to post this, but does anyone know how to simply replace the metal panel on top? I have a replacement coming in, as the one on my 96si is rusted pretty badly (somehow it doesn't leak). I kind of get the idea from this post, but am not sure. I dont need to replace the sunroof headliner, just the panel on top. Dont know if I should replace the seal around it with the one that is with the replacement, or keep the original. Worried that I might end up with leaks, although I think that if the drain plugs arent blocked, this shouldnt be an issue, right?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:53 AM   #37 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
jthai is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone that's done this mod have any leakage from rain/water?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 1992 Honda Prelude
Mods: lol
tunerman is an unknown quantity at this point
This diy is great! It took me around 1.5 hours. It's a very straightfoward diy.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:15 AM   #39 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
starbai is on a distinguished road
will the moonroof in a 94-01 Integra work?

Just curious. they look very similar in size... has anyone ever tried to put the roof from a 3rd gen integra into a 4th gen prelude? will it work?
Old 04-19-2008, 01:16 AM   #40 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
starbai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthai View Post
Has anyone that's done this mod have any leakage from rain/water?
thats my 2nd question
Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 1994 Civic EX
Mods:
RunninSOHC is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up This thread ROCKS!

This thread is great! I have been wanting to do this to my car since I bought it, going on ten years ago this summer. I've seen it before, but just ran into it again as my sunroof is rusting out like they commonly do in the 4th gen (Mine is 95SE). It has hit the point where I have to do something soon. However, living in Southeast Florida, I am not to sure I want to do this because of the intense heat of the summer. I know it can be tinted , but it really needs the shade, too. It is hot as balls down here and a moonroof without shade = SUNROOF.

I just went into a complete body sweat putting something away in the garage, and it is 3:30AM.

I am going to research just changing the sunroof with a replacement or even if it is possible to maybe fix the existing? However, I don't want to hijack this thread. It's just very likely that at some point or another, 4th geners are going to possibly see the light through their sunroof when closed. Mine has rusted through in a spot and I don't know how it is not leaking yet. I wish they would have just made the car with a moon roof, instead of a literal sunROOF. The last time I saw this thread, my sunroof was perfectly fine. Additionally, the electric motor should possibly be changed, also. Lithium grease helped make it better moving, but the motor is just tired. I plan to paint the entire car and give the '95 a refresh with new Sherwood Green Pearl Metallic.

One way or another, the sunroof is what is prompting me to repaint the car, as the rain of this summer is not welcome inside my 4th gen cabin. The hood has peeled, too, which I see is a common issue with 4th gen Ludes, as well.

Edit: Thumbs up icon added
Old 10-13-2018, 04:49 AM   #42 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: Prelude 93
Mods: none
JohnDoubleday is on a distinguished road
OK this is an old post but I am after a Moon Rool for a 93 Lude....any still around?

« 5th Gen Prices | - »