Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

How to delete A/C

21K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  soctaz30 
#1 ·
Hello.. Im swapping the h22 in the prelude.. Now I am trying to figure out what belt size I need to run just the alt off the crank pulley instead of alt and a/c.. Thanks *****s

#2 ·
all you got to do is go to autozone and ask for the belt for a 92 prelude w/ out air conditioning and they should have it. Ive got a 94 si lude' and took all the a/c stuff out, and thats the only belt you will need, nothing special about it!! I was wonder what I needed when I did it too!!! I hope this helps!! peace K

#3 ·
fuck removing AC

it does NOT add any power, and its a nice accessory to have during the summer

remove the system only if its in need of repair and you KNOW you will never fix it

the weight difference cannot be felt either

#8 ·
retard...lol. Thats really funny. Good one.

I actually race my car so bringing down weight and extracting the most power and reducing free frictional losses is a huge benefit for me as well as the weight losses from stripping unneeded parts from the car. So lets see, i modify my car for function and race use. Even when i daily drove my car, i never used AC and i live in Florida. If i want AC i rolled down the windows. I can live with it, like many others. You cant, big deal. But calling someone a retard for doing something that has function behind it just because you cant live without luxury items is plain ignorance. Just shows me that you have little to no experience in racing.

I'm far from dumb buddy. Been racing, building, and tuning probably longer than you have been driving.

#9 ·
why didnt you say you race it instead of saying like a fucking queer "dont tell it it doesnt effect power blah" blah blah

you might have made yourself look a lot smarter

now racing is an excuse

#11 ·
why does it matter? I build my car to what i want, not to what some douchebag says on the internet who likely has very little experience on the matter.

The point is if he wants to remove ac, so be it. it DOES reduce rotational friction and DOES drop weight (as little as it may be). If you have nothing informative to add then stfu and go back to your post whoring section.

I believe i ended up using a 36" belt but just get a few lengths and take back the ones that dont fit.

#13 ·
its a fact that anything that causes drag or has frictional rotation is gunna hinder performance. hence why people chose turbo over supercharger in case u didnt know superchargers use engine power to run. and the weight of all the ac stuff will make a difference in a cars performance the compr is pretty damn heavy. just my .02 tho

#28 ·
you are an ignorant retard. no fucking shit superchargers take power to make power

SC is for doubling stock power and having a shitload more respondse over a turbo setup

the only way to amek a turbo setup responsive is to use a small turbo or a very expensive dual ball bearing setup.

SC>turbo for daily driving power

turbo>** for peak power

NA>** for the peeps who can make good use of it, like 9400rpsm on here. his 220-240whp NA setup in his teggy smoked the shit out of a 430whp integra, and both are good drivers

EDIT cost is not an issue in this

if cost is an issue, of course turbo is the way, its cheaper

#14 ·
and yea im pretty sure that it is 36 inches. i ordered it from a few diff parts stores just said no a/c some got the order right some didnt lol ull know as soon as u pick the belt up its pretty short

#17 ·
2nd that . what did he do havent been on here i forever

#18 ·
let me find one of his threads. I came into a thread to answer a question, (which was fairly n00bish anyway, from a guy who supposedly has built tons of cars before) and he attacks me saying I drive a ***** shitty car, that is gay.

And I was like, w/e, you drive a stock prelude, and you street race, your the king of gay, and it got into a whole big argument.

#19 ·
...and this is why i hardly come around sho anymore.

#23 ·
the link worked for me

#27 ·
i read the first page then got bored

#29 ·
HAHAH. i honestly miss the old sho when there were good threads and all kind of stuff new posts everyday actually a few of them per day. used to like comin home and messin around on here for a hr or so. lol

#33 ·
wow i vote to pul my adcivice i gave out earlier to this duche bag.. fucking hate when people thing there so special oh i made 450 hp with 11K wow shit ill be right around 650 with less then 3grand i must be extremly special :clappy

#34 ·
no one mentioned $$/hp

and your 650hp with less then 3 grand is going to fall on its face and die within minutes on the dyno you dumbass

#37 ·
well if u read the post that we have been talking about it says he spent 11k and has 450whp. so before u cock off read the post. and second my build is far from falling apart there bud i have such little money it because i didnt have to pay anyone to do my stuff becase im certified ase tech. lemme know when ya wana run the build that is gunna "fall apart" going strong now with 30lbs for over 4 mths... but on another note that thread was pretty damn funny.

#40 ·
nowhere on this thread ios a post saying he uised 11k to make 450whp

if someone did do that, they prolly have teh most reliable 450whp ever, but are fuckign retarded for wasting more tehn 4-5k on it

who gives a shit if you are certified. thats just a piece of paper saying you went through school learning instead of doing real world experience

its a honda, you dont need to be certified to work on it. my 10 yearold cousin could probably figure out how to do a mtoor swap on it

#39 ·
a SUPER huge fat bitch attempting to do a 69? :dunno:

#42 ·
hahahh..

and on a second note if u knew anything about ase certifications u would know u need at least 2 years experience in a actuall garage to get them smartass. and i didnt just do a damn motor swap so stop being so got damn negative and shut the fuck up

#50 ·
ha mide as well give up ur fighting a loosing battle..

#55 ·
The guy I bought my 92 lude from did the same thing! He disconnected everything having to do with the A/C amd I think that's ridiculous since we're from Louisiana. I have some parts, don't know if they're good or not, and don't know what parts to the system is still in the car. It's crazy stupid! Now I have to figure all that out and figure out where to get the system or the parts I do need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.