Battery Output - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Appearance & Sound > Car Audio & Electronics

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2008, 04:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
confuseid is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Battery Output

When buying a new battery, does it hurt your car to have a battery that produces more Amps than your car requires?
Ebay Header
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2008, 08:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car:
Mods:
SuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problem
No it does not.

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
confuseid is on a distinguished road
Kinetik batteries are manufactured to be secondary batteries, right?

Will they hold up as a solo, primary battery under my hood just as well as say, an Optima yellow top?
Ebay Header
Old 04-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car:
Mods:
SuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problemSuperAkuma has a Rep problem
I am not too familier with the Kinetik brand batteries. I did a quick search on there site and they did not say anything about how you must use the battery as a 2nd battery.

What kind of setup do you have and why are you upgrading your batteries?

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Old 04-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 03 RSX Type S
Mods:
James777 has a spectacular aura aboutJames777 has a spectacular aura about
it'll work.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car:
Mods:
JDubsLoPro You need a lifeJDubsLoPro You need a lifeJDubsLoPro You need a lifeJDubsLoPro You need a lifeJDubsLoPro You need a lifeJDubsLoPro You need a lifeJDubsLoPro You need a lifeJDubsLoPro You need a lifeJDubsLoPro You need a lifeJDubsLoPro You need a lifeJDubsLoPro You need a life
when using a secondary battery (generally a deep cell--which I assume the kinetik is) you generally want an isolator installed so that both batteries charge when the vehicle is on, but when the ignition power is off, only the voltage from the second battery is used in order to preserve the charge in the primary. there are no implications as to using a deep cycle battery as your only battery...they are much better comparitively than a standard lead acid. diesel vehicles often run 2 batteries because the cold cranking amps they require are much higher than a single battery can often times produce, but those are installed in parallel with no isolator.