Full Custom Audio system in 2005 Acura TL - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Performance - Tech > Appearance & Sound > Car Audio & Electronics

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
jmlaudio is on a distinguished road
Custom Audio system in 2005 Acura TL by JML Audio of St. Louis

Thanks for taking a look, any feedback is greatly appreciated

Source Unit: Clarion DRX9255
Changer: Clarion 6-disc

Amps: x1 Zapco Reference 750.2
x1 Zapco Reference 1100.1

Speakers: x1 DLS Iridium 2-way components

Subwoofer: x2 Treo SS 12.22

Wiring: Lightning Audio

Sound Dampening: Cascade Audio Engineering

The JML Audio of St. Louis Team

The Vehicle Itself

Custom Source Mounting with Carbon fiber covering to match interior door trim

Custom Mounted Satellite Radio Control

Door Speakers and Tweeters

Amp Rack with Carbon Fiber, Steel, and Acrylic

Custom Fiberglass Sub Enclosures

Custom Acrylic Amp Rack Grill

Custom Stealth Enclosure for CD changer and factory Navigation

Complete Trunk Layout

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 03 RSX Type S
Mods:
James777 has a spectacular aura aboutJames777 has a spectacular aura about
your status = hood

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car:
Mods:
Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!Imshirazy Um, 1 million? Damn!
nice setup yeah but...
how's the cancellation on those subs?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 1994 Accord Ex
Mods: Exterior Lighting, Kicker 7" In Dash DVD, Yellow Engine Dress Up Kit, 18" ADR's W/ Cooper Tires, Blue Interior Lighting, Megan Headers (DO NOT BUY), Side Marker, Turn Signals and Corner Lights
94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do94BlueAccordEX Rep God/Goddess with nothing better to do
Hey Man, thats hot what materials did you use and where can i get them from???
Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
SH Silver

Car: 03 RSX Type S
Mods:
James777 has a spectacular aura aboutJames777 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imshirazy View Post
nice setup yeah but...
how's the cancellation on those subs?
shouldn't be an issue. (as long as the enclosures are as close to the same size as possible)

Old 12-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
explicablechain is on a distinguished road
NIIICE!! Where can i come to get the trunk set up?? Can you do it again?? lol How much did it $ you?
Old 12-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
jmlaudio is on a distinguished road
Look here for some more examples under the gallery JML Audio St. Louis, MO is where it happens.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
msala524 is on a distinguished road
these setups aren't cheap your probably looking into a $1500 job easily with installation and everything. I got a custom box with sub on one side of my tl and it was about $800.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
explicablechain is on a distinguished road
Do you have pics of ur lights that u put? and where did u get them
Old 03-24-2009, 06:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 09 Sloccord
Mods:
illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Hmmm, personally looks pretty ghetto to me. Image will be terrible with the tweets that far up on the dash. Why an extra source when you could have added a DQL-8, Cleansweep, 3sixty or something along those lines and keep the functionality of your factory NAV as well as the clean looks, while having clean smooth inputs for the amp? Oh well, to each his own.

09 Slowccord LX-P
Pioneer AVIC F90-BT
Fosgate 3Sixty.3
Polk MM6501 F/ MM651R on PA D4000.4
Sundown SA-15 on Alpine MRX M110
Morimoto Mini StgIII Retro

'14 Laguna Blue Stingray
Old 03-24-2009, 06:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: scooter
Mods: bell on the handle bars and a sweet basket to carry stuff in
RedlinedDA you're still here?RedlinedDA you're still here?RedlinedDA you're still here?RedlinedDA you're still here?RedlinedDA you're still here?RedlinedDA you're still here?RedlinedDA you're still here?RedlinedDA you're still here?RedlinedDA you're still here?RedlinedDA you're still here?RedlinedDA you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion View Post
Hmmm, personally looks pretty ghetto to me. Image will be terrible with the tweets that far up on the dash. Why an extra source when you could have added a DQL-8, Cleansweep, 3sixty or something along those lines and keep the functionality of your factory NAV as well as the clean looks, while having clean smooth inputs for the amp? Oh well, to each his own.
yea, i did a full system ina MB GL55 the other day. used a Alpine pxe-h650 audio processor. shit sounded great. kept the oem head unit and navi, blutooth, everything
Old 03-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Iron Monk

Car: 09 Sloccord
Mods:
illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?illusion Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinedDA View Post
yea, i did a full system ina MB GL55 the other day. used a Alpine pxe-h650 audio processor. shit sounded great. kept the oem head unit and navi, blutooth, everything
People underestimate a good processor, or even stock decks. The only major problem with most stock decks is the EQing to deal with the stock speakers, but add a modern processor and I've heard installs that are simply awe inspiring with the stock deck still in place. If didn't want nav, bluetooth, and all of the other gadgets I would have kept the stock deck. If someone already has it leave it and add a processor.

I always forget about the PXE-H650, I have to get my hands on one. It looks like it has everything the others do and more, like omni mic, steering wheel control input, all kinds of goodness. The only downside, well not really a downside, is that it only has a PEQ, but I'm slowly but surely catching up with the times and getting used to them lol.

09 Slowccord LX-P
Pioneer AVIC F90-BT
Fosgate 3Sixty.3
Polk MM6501 F/ MM651R on PA D4000.4
Sundown SA-15 on Alpine MRX M110
Morimoto Mini StgIII Retro

'14 Laguna Blue Stingray