New guy here: raced an S2000!! - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda Racing > Drag Racing

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2002, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 96 Ford
Mods:
Chubbs is an unknown quantity at this point
New guy here: raced an S2000!!

I went out to the local races last night, just to spectate and as soon as a park and get out this guy runs up to me, and asks if a want to race his friend. I didn't see where he came from so I asked what friend and he pointed over to another guy standing next to a VERY nice looking S2K. A said sure, then asked what he had done to it. "Just a 75 shot. You?" was his response. "Gears", he looked at me like he was lost, and then as if I didn't stand a chance. I got in and pulled out into the street. I spun the tires a bit just to heat them up, and pull up to the flagger. He smokes the crap out of his tire and does the same. I raised my RPMs to 4k, the flagger lowers his arms and we're off. Very little wheel spin and I'm gone, go into 2nd and his front bumper is about 5 ft. behind my back bumper. I go into 3rd, tires chirp and I'm about 2.5 cars ahead now. End of 3rd and now it's closer to 4 cars ahead and I shut it down. I turn around and park and he followed. As soon as he comes over he starts laughing and saying I sprayed him. : I popped the trunk and hood, nothing. Guess he was a little shocked. You could just look at the guy and tell he coudn't drive. The rest of the night he bogged every race. 13 sec. car in the hands of a 15 sec. driver. O well. :
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2002, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
Arkaneprelude is an unknown quantity at this point
hard to believe less your shit is a cobra or something
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-2002, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
hondaatwsu is an unknown quantity at this point
well u have a good point someone that cant drive drivin a low 14 sec car. S2000s r not fast, i had a fender on one till 120 where i have to shift to 5th gear goin uphill from a 20mph roll. S2000s r not gods gift to honda. mustang will win, its easier to drive due to the torque, good kill. i definitely believe that kill.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by Arkaneprelude
hard to believe less your shit is a cobra or something
It is, with 4.30 gears in the rear.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by hondaatwsu
well u have a good point someone that cant drive drivin a low 14 sec car. S2000s r not fast, i had a fender on one till 120 where i have to shift to 5th gear goin uphill from a 20mph roll. S2000s r not gods gift to honda. mustang will win, its easier to drive due to the torque, good kill. i definitely believe that kill.
I agree with the low 14 sec comment, but bolt on a 75 shot and a good driver should have it in the 13s. I hear they're a bitch to drive.
Old 07-05-2002, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
o i forgot about the 75 shot of NOS. shit u can laucnh them hard, they have traction control. that guy should have been a better race but i think the stang still would have won.
Old 07-05-2002, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car:
Mods: 4door Teg- 13.8 ls/vtec
JAYMAN320 is an unknown quantity at this point
s2k's are delicate to achieve the 13.8-14.1 stock ET. because of the high reving, which people arent used to, it will cause complications. yes they can turn into dogs, when paired with horrible drivers. maybe he wasn't redlining it? hmm...

well, much like any car vs car race story, there are different things to look at, so not believing the story is just pointless, because the critic wasnt there.

nonetheless, good kill

02' Suzuki GsxR
Old 07-06-2002, 09:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
maxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problem
y dont u have 3.73 or 3.55 like EVERY other Stang?? (sorry i hang around guys with built 79 Stang, 88 stang, 90 Stang so u can imagine y im surprised)
Old 07-06-2002, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
All of the Mustangs you mention are 5.0s that redline like a 5600. Most 96+ Cobras have 4.10s, they redline at 6800. I went 4.30s to make up for the extra weight of my convertible. Most people that decide to go with 4.10s wish they would have gone with 4.30s anyways.
Old 07-06-2002, 08:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
SuperHonda Member

Car:
Mods:
maxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problemmaxpsi has a Rep problem
oh u got the first year they made the 4.6 . this girl i am talkin to just got a 96 4.6 auto and i wasnt impressed of course that is a regular GT and its an automatic. i know my civic is faster than that car plus the suspension is horrible. wouldnt the convertible weigh less than the hardtops??? i would like a 93 cobra convertible with a jet black custom paint job manual tranny of course.
Old 07-06-2002, 11:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car:
Mods:
LudeAction is on a distinguished road
thats weird because i beat a 96 convertible with a 50 shot and intake (manual) no problem...i bet he shifted at like 5k
Old 07-07-2002, 02:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by maxpsi
oh u got the first year they made the 4.6 . this girl i am talkin to just got a 96 4.6 auto and i wasnt impressed of course that is a regular GT and its an automatic. i know my civic is faster than that car plus the suspension is horrible. wouldnt the convertible weigh less than the hardtops??? i would like a 93 cobra convertible with a jet black custom paint job manual tranny of course.
Convertible are heavier because of all the metal it uses in the top. Also, 93s didn't come in convertibles and all Cobra are manual.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Noob

Mods:
Quote:
Originally posted by LudeAction
thats weird because i beat a 96 convertible with a 50 shot and intake (manual) no problem...i bet he shifted at like 5k
What are yor times? You must have a pretty quick car there. I ran an 8.8 @ 82 mph w/ a 2.2 60' with nothing more than a short-shifter. These gears get me into my power band much quicker, I'm hoping an 8.6 or 8.5 with better traction.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by LudeAction
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are yor times? You must have a pretty quick car there. I ran an 8.8 @ 82 mph w/ a 2.2 60' with nothing more than a short-shifter. These gears get me into my power band much quicker, I'm hoping an 8.6 or 8.5 with better traction.

i highly doubt that happened chubbs. he might have mistaken the other guy driving. it was prolly a grandma. we all know ludes r not fast, even on NOS.
Old 07-09-2002, 03:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car: 89 prelude
Mods: ported/polished head (port matched and polished intake manifold), dc header, custom intake, milled head 30 thousandths, custom titanium muffler
flylwsi will become famous soon enoughflylwsi will become famous soon enough
a vert isn't heavier from the metal in the top. they are heavier because of all of the extra strengthening that has to be done... as well as alll fo the added weight of the top/folding mechanism...

why is it hard to believe that a stang could beat an s2k? tq is a nice thing to have, and 4.30s are somewhere in the range of stump pulling gears when you put the tq to it, so it launches hard and it's gone...