Idea behind LS/Vtec? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Superhonda.com Site Help

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2002, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
ProjectCivic is on a distinguished road
Idea behind LS/Vtec?

I searched through all the "LS/Vtec" threads, and i've seen good things about it, and seen the requirements for a ls/vtec setup, but no where does it say "why" the LS/Vtec is such a great setup.. Can anyone help me out? I'm almost 99% positive that i will be doing a b18c1 swap next month, but I'm still open to new ideas.. thanx.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2002, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car:
Mods:
Juggles is an unknown quantity at this point
It's fairly cheap, the engine has good power, the engine is strong, and it has low compression - good for turboing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-21-2002, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
r33cvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive always wondered about going frankeinstien... i have heard more good things about it than bad... basically if you find a respected performance shop to do the work then you wont have a problem
Old 09-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Olde School Ricer

Car: 89crx
Mods: built motor, supercharged
yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!yellowrexsi Bow down before me!
I think you posted in teh wrong area
Old 09-02-2008, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Wikidconsepshnz is on a distinguished road
The LS has a slighly bigger displacement than the GSR as well as a different crank ratio. Add the bigger displacement with the vtec head and ECU and you have a couple more horsepower and a little more torque. If you just slap a vtec head on an LS bottom end it is cheap to do but isn't going to be reliable. To do it right it cost alot more than just buying a GSR motor. I was going to do a fully built LS Vtec and after spending $3000 on parts and still not having everything I needed I quickly changed my mind. You figure the stock internals of an LS are not meant to spin 8200 rpms. So when you spin them at that rpm repeatedly it causes quicker wear on parts ect... I've seen stock LS bottom ends with a vtec heads slapped on and vtec ecu spin bearings, break rod bolts ect... It is a great combo if you have the money to invest to do it right and if you know of a machine shop that has experince building them. If you don't I wouldn't do it because in the long run you will regret it.