Let's fix SHO - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Superhonda.com Site Help

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What will you commit to?
I have already found another forum. 14 26.42%
I will leave SHO when this poll closes if reasonable action is not taken. 8 15.09%
I don't plan to leave, but would like to see changes made. 30 56.60%
This site's just fine as it is. 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 1972 CL360, 1975 280z, 1988 RX7, 1991 CRX, 1993 Miata, 1991 GSXR
Mods: sticky tires, piles of miles.
drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?
Let's fix SHO

Fix SuperHonda

Some of you may not remember this, but there was a time when SHO wasn't sarcastic all the time. Not all the veteran members were jaded pricks who constantly flamed each other, and new members had a little respect for this place. Most of that respect was taken directly from the veteran members, who had respect for it themselves. Unfortunately for all of us, that's changed in the past few years.

As things stand, SHO sucks. I don't like to say it any more than you like to hear it, but there are serious problems here. I'm not talking about the ads, or the lack of themes, but instead about the lack of communication. Our moderators have limited power, and limited authority. We really need a dedicated admin/web developer who can help this site get back on its feet. Disgruntled members aren't good for anyone, and there's nowhere for us to offer suggestions where they'll be heard.

I'm tired of wishing that someone would step up to the plate. It really is time for us to either push our community forward and have an empowered leader or to move on. As it stands, the owners of the site are not willing to put forth any effort to improve this situation (our last Admin I know of was ekool, who disappeared without answering many of the questions we had posed to him).

The end result is that our off-topic section is the only active area (and even that's dwindling), and new traffic isn't being drawn in by the technical articles and build threads that used to exist here.

If you'd like to make a difference, please cast your vote on the poll (all votes are viewable). The choices are simple, but if you have any questions ask them here before casting your vote. If you have suggestions for the site, post a reply. The results of this thread will be sent to the owners of the site, as a petition to turn SHO around and bring it back to what it was when I first joined: a friendly community of Honda enthusiasts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
umm sell outs who sold this forum and turned it all corporate who dont moderate any of the idiots that post repeated thread of the same old bull shit is what's wrong with SHO. they get mad at us when we get tired of asking the same repeated crap all the time. every other forum on the web stands by the search. we just let idiots roam. free

there was a time when we had members who knew there shit and there was a some sort of order. but certain people had these members banned in the process of trying to put of little money in their own pockets. I'm obviously one of those jaded pricks speak of. We used to have some knowledgeable members here but now we have a bunch of ricer pretenders who can't even use Google

we can't fix sho since it a corporate piece of shit here simply to post ads for ricers to waste their money on
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Nazi Mod

Car: 81 Rabbit 81 Rabbit Pickup 84 Vr6 Rabbit Convertible 97 Accord 00 Jetta VR6 97 Audi A4 1.8t
Mods:
RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!
I come on here about once a day now, for a while I had just stopped coming and found other site to post on. I come back and its still the piece of shit it was when I left. I have started posting back in the civic forum where I once lived back when sho was something. I've started answering questions that no one really knows the answer to around here, since all the real tuners have either left or got banned in the sell out. if something doesn't happen I will leave and this time for good.

it's better to lease in this situation than it is to own

Old 07-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU97GS-R View Post
we can't fix sho since it a corporate piece of shit here simply to post ads for ricers to waste their money on
I have to disagree. We still have power here. If we all stop posting, the traffic will stop flowing. They need us here. Maybe they don't realize it yet, but this is our chance to be heard.

I'm tired of sitting back and waiting. That shit is done.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Ban-Finger Mod

Car: 01 MR-St & 08 M3
Mods:
UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?UltraMagneticAL you're still here?
unfortunately the people who really care have moved on. I'm not on the forum as frequently simply because I don't really have time for it. I moderate as much as possible deleting/banning all the spammers I come across. in terms of tech, I just get frustrated when I see the same thing over and over again. most of the time i'll provide a link if its not too obvious and I have time to do so. I usually just say search and close the thread though if its just super super basic.

but I agree this forum has become one big advertising billboard catering to the rice crowd. at least I can turn off the annoying intelliads thru my usercp. I wonder if the regular members can?

Nulla tenaci invia est via.
For the tenacious, no road is impassable.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummingpariah View Post
I have to disagree. We still have power here. If we all stop posting, the traffic will stop flowing. They need us here. Maybe they don't realize it yet, but this is our chance to be heard.

I'm tired of sitting back and waiting. That shit is done.
ummm. there is maybe 20 of us that even car about this forum anymore and about 500 members that are just a complete waste of cyber space. there noway to really moderate this site anymore since it's so out of control. if we stopped posting the site would go further down the shitter. than you'd have ricers giving advice to newbie's unchecked
Old 07-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Nazi Mod

Car: 81 Rabbit 81 Rabbit Pickup 84 Vr6 Rabbit Convertible 97 Accord 00 Jetta VR6 97 Audi A4 1.8t
Mods:
RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!RedWabbit Bow down before me!
i think they should let me be a mod/admin I would take care of the problems we are having. its not like I don't sit on the computer all night after work anyways I have tons of free time to police this shithole and make into what it once was. i would add themes and you know me i listen to the problems of the people, shit i was complaining just as much.

a vote for me is a vote for change, elect me as admin and there will be change, change, change. j/k with the repeating change thing you know obama kind of joke. but seriously let me run this shit and I will change it for the better.

it's better to lease in this situation than it is to own

Old 07-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 94' panda coupe...
Mods: Lots of insta-rice!!!!!
hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?
i fully believe that this site can be turned around, nut this site went down hill when the mods and admins who cared were banned and new ones were not elected. im not much on adding themes, as im def. not a web designer, but i would like to run to be a moderator if possible. im always informative to noobs and stern when needed(check my posts for comfirmation as well as anyone else on the rex forum). i know of at least 3-5 others that would be good for higher positions.

this site has plenty of people who still care, they were just forced to the background by mounds of spammers and people who like to see their post count rise for no admirable reason
Flat Black is not a choice, but a mandatory requirement of sleeperism(my new word)

I will say it once more for the ricers that grace this site and i see on the road. A pep boys muffler, Rims, and 12's in the trunk, DO NOT make your car "Modified"!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Bacon Mod

Car: 1990 SI Hatch
Mods: Bottle Fed B16A [email protected] on I,H,E and a 50 shot
VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?
I come on here once a day to chekc my sections and then I bail..no time for this place anymore..plus why would I want to hang out? This place uisn't what it used to be and the people who run it don't care..simple as that. you can't make someone care.
In the end, everything we do is just everything we've done

"I have returned many times to honour the valiant men who died…every man who set foot on Omaha Beach was a hero."-Lieutenant General Omar Bradley
Old 07-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: Not a Honda
Mods: Don't worry about it.
anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?anassa Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
I've only been here for like a yr and some months, but still I hardly come on anymore just because non of the very good write up threads are stickied, the posts aren't monitored for gay crap, the classified section is a joke, and noobs want to be spoon fed...

If needed I can be a mod or something to help. So ya just showing my support for change SHO or leave for good.

(no this is not my car, someday it would be nice though....)

Click if you have a 84-87 civic/crx: RPR
My new hero: Kakabox Index Kakabox Build
Old 07-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 94' panda coupe...
Mods: Lots of insta-rice!!!!!
hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECsqznN2O View Post
I come on here once a day to chekc my sections and then I bail..no time for this place anymore..plus why would I want to hang out? This place uisn't what it used to be and the people who run it don't care..simple as that. you can't make someone care.
But dude, YOUR a mod. your saying in effect that your one of the people who dont care. you have some of the power to change this. in order to fix the issues that we are trying to solve, we will need the support of every admin, mod and super mod that we can get, including you. We all have a responsibility as people who joined this site in its hey-day to try and restore it to its once unsurpassed greatness.

As a mod, start seeking out people who spam, or make senseless threads and ban them straight the fuck out, no second chances. if you do your part as well as the othe mods, we will see immediate responsiveness, if not by the powers that be, then at least the noobs will think twice before they make a stupid thread
Flat Black is not a choice, but a mandatory requirement of sleeperism(my new word)

I will say it once more for the ricers that grace this site and i see on the road. A pep boys muffler, Rims, and 12's in the trunk, DO NOT make your car "Modified"!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Well, I'm very sorry to say this, but it sounds like there's a bit of a misunderstanding as to what mods and supermods have authority to do (I'm speaking in general vbulletin terms, I'm not sure what permissions are laid out here specifically).

Mods have the power to close threads and submit ban requests. Supermods can do the same, and they can ban people. It's as simple as that.

Right now, the owners of the site are just trying to collect a paycheck from the site, as they should. They paid a shitload of money for it, and deserve to at least cover their losses. The catch is that they're going to end up losing money unless they do something (or even allow something to be done).

If our mods and super-mods don't have the time or interest to monitor the site as they used to then maybe it's time to pass the torch.

What I'm really shooting for is someone to take responsibility for the site. The owners don't care to (and I don't care to have them) and we need a dedicated person around to make sure things go smoothly. Is that so much to ask for?

When this poll closes, I hope to show this thread to the "powers that be" (who I'm sure even the supermods don't hear from) and they can make their decision then.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Jree$e you're still here?Jree$e you're still here?Jree$e you're still here?Jree$e you're still here?Jree$e you're still here?Jree$e you're still here?Jree$e you're still here?Jree$e you're still here?Jree$e you're still here?Jree$e you're still here?Jree$e you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECsqznN2O View Post
+1

I use to be an active contributor to this forum. After all the bs, I fell back to the bare minimal of lurking and started posting on other forums. (motorcycle forums). To many noobs, arguing, pointless thread...etc!

I check here and there but I have no interest in contributing here anymore on a consistent basis.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: '01 f350 PSD
Mods: yes, please.
clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?
just checking in.. let's do something different.

Zero to ~fifty in fifteen seconds!
Just cruising in the neighborhood in the rain

WTB wrecked Japanese cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rex;
Swap a motor from a s2k in that 240 then you will have a beast!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 94 Honda Accord
Mods: Custom rusted exhaust, missing radio, steelies, LED lights so I can see my gauges, god I missed Hondas
mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?mocha907 you're still here?
i just wish there were no people like that perish kid. those people that make ridiculous claims and don't even try to back it up, or those that come here solely to bash Hondas or imports in general. that's what annoys me the most
stolen 89 mustang gt
sold 91 talon
current 94 accord (family car)
current project 93 probe

No, I can afford a newer car. I'm just stuck in the 90s
Closed Thread