Let's fix SHO - Page 2 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Superhonda.com Site Help

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What will you commit to?
I have already found another forum. 14 26.42%
I will leave SHO when this poll closes if reasonable action is not taken. 8 15.09%
I don't plan to leave, but would like to see changes made. 30 56.60%
This site's just fine as it is. 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Bacon Mod

Car: 1990 SI Hatch
Mods: Bottle Fed B16A [email protected] on I,H,E and a 50 shot
VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hndacvcsi View Post
But dude, YOUR a mod. your saying in effect that your one of the people who dont care. you have some of the power to change this. in order to fix the issues that we are trying to solve, we will need the support of every admin, mod and super mod that we can get, including you. We all have a responsibility as people who joined this site in its hey-day to try and restore it to its once unsurpassed greatness.

As a mod, start seeking out people who spam, or make senseless threads and ban them straight the fuck out, no second chances. if you do your part as well as the othe mods, we will see immediate responsiveness, if not by the powers that be, then at least the noobs will think twice before they make a stupid thread
haha..you're funny..first off..the only control I have is closing/deleting threads in my section..and I handle my areas. I have a life and don't spend every waking moment on here babysitting other peoples sections...you're right.>i don't care..I stopped caring about 3 years ago when this place officially started its downhill turn. I recommend bans when i feel the need, but I have no control over what people do. I do my part and leave it at that because I don't have time for this pety crap.
In the end, everything we do is just everything we've done

"I have returned many times to honour the valiant men who died…every man who set foot on Omaha Beach was a hero."-Lieutenant General Omar Bradley
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Bacon Mod

VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?VTECsqznN2O you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummingpariah View Post
What I'm really shooting for is someone to take responsibility for the site. The owners don't care to (and I don't care to have them) and we need a dedicated person around to make sure things go smoothly. Is that so much to ask for?

When this poll closes, I hope to show this thread to the "powers that be" (who I'm sure even the supermods don't hear from) and they can make their decision then.
the admins we HAD got their powers stripped..they ahve no mroe control..theres are two people who have full control now..and they are the owners..you get that to pass the torch..then great..but I can almost 100% guarentee you're going to lose that battle.

"I have returned many times to honour the valiant men who died…every man who set foot on Omaha Beach was a hero."-Lieutenant General Omar Bradley
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: '01 f350 PSD
Mods: yes, please.
clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?
lol @ perish.

Zero to ~fifty in fifteen seconds!
Just cruising in the neighborhood in the rain

WTB wrecked Japanese cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rex;
Swap a motor from a s2k in that 240 then you will have a beast!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car: '93 Del Sol SI
Mods: check out my sig bish!
solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?
Maybe we should start our own forum? idk. It sounds like a good idea, but at some point, those in charge will want to sell it out just to put some money into their pockets. I don't blame anyone for trying to make a buck, but at least do it responsibly. Don't just let the site go to shit once the transaction is complete....

99 EJ8
Coupes FTMFW
Old 07-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dark Wind

solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?solsykness you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECsqznN2O View Post
haha..you're funny..first off..the only control I have is closing/deleting threads in my section..and I handle my areas. I have a life and don't spend every waking moment on here babysitting other peoples sections...you're right.>i don't care..I stopped caring about 3 years ago when this place officially started its downhill turn. I recommend bans when i feel the need, but I have no control over what people do. I do my part and leave it at that because I don't have time for this pety crap.
you're right. we can't really do anything but focus on our sections. I'm not on every single day but that's bc I'm usually at work and our computers are slow as shit...but I been trying to get on just to see what's going on as much as I possibly can as of late. I care about the site, but since it has changed hands it's become pretty lame

99 EJ8
Coupes FTMFW
Old 07-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dark Wind

sorry, I'm whoring for no reason. I put in a request to have some nubs threads deleted...I still haven't heard anything back from anyone on the status of that, or what would be happening with that account.

99 EJ8
Coupes FTMFW
Old 07-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
sho is gay. /argument
Old 07-26-2008, 10:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 94' panda coupe...
Mods: Lots of insta-rice!!!!!
hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECsqznN2O View Post
you know what i do apologize actually. i was unclear on what you could actually do as far as deleting/closing threads and banning people, so for that im sorry. but i do see where your coming from saying you dont care. its hard to keep the faith when you see the people over you that started the whole thing just say fuck everyone, we want money while at the same time seeing people with absolutely no intelligence start plaguing the site.

its a shitty situation, but on the other hand now you can join the fight to try and save it for the better of those who still do care about it, and work to rid the site of people who are only here to ruin it.
Flat Black is not a choice, but a mandatory requirement of sleeperism(my new word)

I will say it once more for the ricers that grace this site and i see on the road. A pep boys muffler, Rims, and 12's in the trunk, DO NOT make your car "Modified"!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car:
Mods:
AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?AcidLotus Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
I'm in agreement with VTECsqznN2O. I come here and check my sections, then I leave. This is the first time i've posted...maybe even looked in this help and suggestion forum. I close and delete threads that I have the power to, and recommend banning of spammers and deletion of threads where I don't. I don't have the knowledge of every topic, thus I stay out of them and stick to what I know. Plus I really don't have a lot of time for this forum anymore, or any forum for that matter. Being married with a 20 month old while working fulltime as the breadwinner and trying to spend 20-25 hours everyweek studying for my MBA is a TOUGH job! SHO had it's heyday, and now it's gone. I don't think it will ever be back, as much as I hate to say it. One of the reasons why I don't just leave and pass the torch is because there are so few people who post anymore in my sections that it's hard to know who's capable of distributing the knowledge. And would they care less than I do? Yes, I do care! But it's gotten to the point that I care less and less because less and less people visit this site for me to care about. There isn't much I can do to change that.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
Super Bacon Mod

i know a lot about other sections..i'm jsut tired of the same questions over and over..its always the same...I left the tech sections for the most part for that reason..i cover the nitrous section because i'm the most qualified and we needed someone..so i took it..but people post once a month in there. Fuck it..like lotus said..sho had its heyday..and its over

Old 07-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
Super Bacon Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsykness View Post
Maybe we should start our own forum? idk. It sounds like a good idea, but at some point, those in charge will want to sell it out just to put some money into their pockets. I don't blame anyone for trying to make a buck, but at least do it responsibly. Don't just let the site go to shit once the transaction is complete....
that has happened twice now..and neither of those sites has done really well..maybe its too early to tell...but i dunno

Old 07-27-2008, 07:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: I dont own a car
Mods: fuck off
Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!
i still come on here and try to be as nice as possible and help spread good tech info. maybe im the only one that still really cares about his site
Old 07-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #28 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: '01 f350 PSD
Mods: yes, please.
clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidLotus View Post
I'm in agreement with VTECsqznN2O. I come here and check my sections, then I leave. This is the first time i've posted...maybe even looked in this help and suggestion forum. I close and delete threads that I have the power to, and recommend banning of spammers and deletion of threads where I don't. I don't have the knowledge of every topic, thus I stay out of them and stick to what I know. Plus I really don't have a lot of time for this forum anymore, or any forum for that matter. Being married with a 20 month old while working fulltime as the breadwinner and trying to spend 20-25 hours everyweek studying for my MBA is a TOUGH job! SHO had it's heyday, and now it's gone. I don't think it will ever be back, as much as I hate to say it. One of the reasons why I don't just leave and pass the torch is because there are so few people who post anymore in my sections that it's hard to know who's capable of distributing the knowledge. And would they care less than I do? Yes, I do care! But it's gotten to the point that I care less and less because less and less people visit this site for me to care about. There isn't much I can do to change that.
who the heck are you?

Zero to ~fifty in fifteen seconds!
Just cruising in the neighborhood in the rain

WTB wrecked Japanese cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rex;
Swap a motor from a s2k in that 240 then you will have a beast!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transparent View Post
i still come on here and try to be as nice as possible and help spread good tech info. maybe im the only one that still really cares about his site
shut up dave you're so full of shit
Old 07-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 1972 CL360, 1975 280z, 1988 RX7, 1991 CRX, 1993 Miata, 1991 GSXR
Mods: sticky tires, piles of miles.
drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?
Now I'm not about to point any fingers at people for having lives and still doing what they've promised. Basically, I can see that everyone who took the time to post in this thread is trying to make a positive difference. Most of us are just out of ideas. Since the traffic has died, active members have lost interest. Most of the qualified, intelligent people around here don't even own Hondas any more.

I'd be all for a mass migration to another site, but would it really be any better than this? A new site isn't going to develop reputation any better than this does.

As far as the selling of the site: shit happens. Sure, it had a negative impact. At the end of the day, we have the choice to come back and visit this site, or not come back. All of us still decide to come back, even as bad as things are.

Closed Thread