Let's fix SHO - Page 4 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Superhonda.com Site Help

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: What will you commit to?
I have already found another forum. 14 26.42%
I will leave SHO when this poll closes if reasonable action is not taken. 8 15.09%
I don't plan to leave, but would like to see changes made. 30 56.60%
This site's just fine as it is. 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #46 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?
I'm curious as to how this will go..

+1

S13 FTMFW
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #47 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 2000 Honda Civic Ex Sedan
Mods: nothing to make it fast and plenty of things to make it heavy
HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummingpariah View Post
SHO is established. Search engines send traffic this way, there's a strong knowledge base of previous articles, and there are still even some good people around here. That's why I'd rather try to fix what we have than to run off to another forum.
That's totally why I ended up signing onto this forum. It was at the top of my google search, I read and enjoyed some of the tech articles and figured I'd found a wealth of information. Now I have to search through old threads most of the time when I'm looking for info because the new ones are either A)Silly, asinine noob questions that can be answered with a simple search, B)E-Thugs wanting to talk about how tight their non-existent whip is, or C)Some fucking troll out trying to peddle their swag. It seems like I spend as much time pointing out the pointlessness of some people's queries as I do actually reading and adding valuable information to the site. I'm already here, I don't feel like searching out another forum; I just want this one to be more effective and have quality content added instead of the weak shit I flip through on here day by day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU97GS-R View Post
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement
4 Doors are the best!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!HonduhDave Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAccord99 View Post
I'm curious as to how this will go..

+1
Where did you go to get that image in your sig? I keep seeing people with those and I'm lovin it but I don't know how to get one for myself

Quote:
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement
4 Doors are the best!!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #49 (permalink)
Digital Blueprint

Car:
Mods:
GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?GoldenAccord99 you're still here?
wow only 19 answer hmm...

S13 FTMFW
Old 07-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #50 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Aye aye, mon capitan Will do

Quote:
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement
4 Doors are the best!!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #51 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Car: 1996 ej coupe/1998 ls coupe
Mods: vtec, hp/liter, and a paul walker t-shirt
Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonduhDave View Post
Where did you go to get that image in your sig? I keep seeing people with those and I'm lovin it but I don't know how to get one for myself
just buy the real car like mine. i do like the one with the subaru and the s13 and the honda talking to each other
Old 07-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

yeah yeah, I've been lookin' don't you worry. My buddy got one as his first car about 10 years ago and still has it - although it's sitting in storage with no interior and a poorly running red top swap. I keep offering to take it off his hands, but to no avail. I'm constantly searching the classifieds in my area for one with a decent body and a manual...

Quote:
Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement
4 Doors are the best!!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #53 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: '01 f350 PSD
Mods: yes, please.
clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?clayton you're still here?
i say that the ppl who've posted here and actually care, should be made moderators. i could clean up the classifieds and integra forums in about 15 minutes. i'd also like to throw my hat in the ring for that admin job.

Zero to ~fifty in fifteen seconds!
Just cruising in the neighborhood in the rain

WTB wrecked Japanese cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rex;
Swap a motor from a s2k in that 240 then you will have a beast!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #54 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car: 1972 CL360, 1975 280z, 1988 RX7, 1991 CRX, 1993 Miata, 1991 GSXR
Mods: sticky tires, piles of miles.
drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?
Depending on how this particular poll turns out (I believe it's totally up in the air, to be honest), I doubt the new admin(s) would be taken from the current userbase. In all honesty, very few of us have the required skills to admin effectively, and those of us who do charge too much for it to be economically feasible.

It would be easier (on all of us) to have an unbiased, skilled admin brought in from the outside who can listen to all of our concerns/suggestions and respond accordingly.

I'm going to be honest with you guys, and tell you that I think I could handle the admin position with my eyes shut but I don't think I'd be the right person for the job. I'm too attached and involved. I'd always want this place to be just right, and of course I'd get offended when something I worked on was insulted. I already have pride in the place (as ill-founded as it may be right now) but an admin needs to be an absolute master of marketing, design, and management.

The site needs to effectively take in revenue, be utilitarian, and can't eat up a lot of time for maintenance (and therefore cost money the owners don't want to spend). Perhaps we can open up a poll to see who we want the Admin to be, but think about it:
The owners want complete control. They want to be able to nix a suggestion or demand that isn't absolutely reasonable (for whatever reason) and not be argued with by some administrator. And really, can you blame them?

I'm just asking for a reasonable effort from them, not a perfect user experience. Try to keep things in perspective:
This site exists to make money
The second we start wasting paid time on nonessentials is the second we would lose all our privileges. We could really use some themes and a good DIY or HOWTO section. Help me to lay down everything that we really REALLY want, then we'll go on from there.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #55 (permalink)
BlackMoon Ninja

Car: 94' panda coupe...
Mods: Lots of insta-rice!!!!!
hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?hndacvcsi you're still here?
i think a good diy section would be a great idea, if not only because the tech forum now is just a noob posting pics of his aem intake. i also agree with drumming that the owners will most likely not wanna give someone that power because they want complete control. i do think a couple of new mods is a good idea however, as it could be the spark, and furthermore rationality, we need to bring back some flair and respectablility to our different forums. the bottom line is that it starts with the little guys. there are plenty of noobs who just walk in blind with a real well-thought out question and just becasue we have heard it to many times, we instead of teaching just absolutely torch the little fuckers.

if we begin to teach and nourish the noobs as we all have done before(dont lie, everyone has helped a noob somwhere somehow), i think that we can raise the general attitude and competence level up a good bit from what it is now.
Flat Black is not a choice, but a mandatory requirement of sleeperism(my new word)

I will say it once more for the ricers that grace this site and i see on the road. A pep boys muffler, Rims, and 12's in the trunk, DO NOT make your car "Modified"!!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:32 PM   #56 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?drummingpariah you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hndacvcsi View Post
the bottom line is that it starts with the little guys. there are plenty of noobs who just walk in blind with a real well-thought out question and just becasue we have heard it to many times, we instead of teaching just absolutely torch the little fuckers.

if we begin to teach and nourish the noobs as we all have done before(dont lie, everyone has helped a noob somwhere somehow), i think that we can raise the general attitude and competence level up a good bit from what it is now.
I didn't want to say it myself, but I was waiting for someone else to. I don't think this problem is limited to SHO, but to the whole tuning/modding culture in general. Too many people know too much and can't/won't communicate it to the little guys who want in on this hobby.

However, I did just post a completely noobish question that was well-thought-out and well-defined on another forum, and was rewarded with an equally well-thought-out (and very informative) answer from a respected veteran user. I'd like to see that same kind of respect for new energetic members.

I have to admit that I'm just as guilty of this. I've given people hard times when I really shouldn't have, and I've seen it happen plenty of times myself. I really think we should focus on teaching our precious newbies to ask the right questions rather than giving them shit for asking the wrong questions (and not knowing they're doing it).

In essence, it all starts with the members of the forum. The better we are for traffic, the more clout we have with the owners. That means being nice. It might sound like that makes us employees, but in all reality we won't have any sort of power otherwise.

So, who's in for doing our part to fix this?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #57 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!Darkness Bow down before me!
when i was a noob i searched for the most part...... or i talked to people who knew their shit in real life. i didn't rely on the forum for key info. or Google helps. have you seen the repeated questions? i could understand tech shit like "my car is running rich and my idle is messed up but questions like what motor is in my car or how do i make it faster are getting on my damn nerves. you'll see hte same topics posted withing 3 days of eachother.

how many fucking threads in the past 2 weeks have we seen about how do i add more power to my "vtech" d-series, they can't even spell the shit right and it's stamped on their fucking engine block. why for the love of god is it so fucking hard to spell vtec correctly? it's fucking retarded. you could answer half the fucking questions asked every day by playing grand turismo or forza. hell forza even goes into exstensive descriptions about what each mod does to your car and how fucking affects powerband.

if i see another fucking noob with 5 posts get on here and ask "where do i find a cai for my vtech motor" or how do i make my "vtak motor faster without spending money" i will drive over to his fucking house and cunt punt him to the damn moon.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #58 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton View Post
i say that the ppl who've posted here and actually care, should be made moderators. i could clean up the classifieds and integra forums in about 15 minutes. i'd also like to throw my hat in the ring for that admin job.
i'd be game for you too do that. you saw that little fuck on the other thread about how he lied about having a v6 supercharged accord from the factory just so he could sound like he knew what he was talking about. those are the little fucks that i get annoyed at. if this place were modded correctly we'd lose 2/3 of the people who post here
Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #59 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

https://www.superhonda.com/forum/f49/...1-obd2-339558/ there's a good one. Forza won't answer that one, and really neither will Google.

I might just be in a changed mood, but I'm impressed with the validity of his (her? dunno) question.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #60 (permalink)
Darth Chinko

funny i used google and came up with these results
obd1 vs obd2 - Google Search
Closed Thread