The official suggestion thread... - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Superhonda.com Site Help

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
ekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problem
The official suggestion thread...

[Note: Please read the entire thread before commenting, if you miss something that has been gone over in this thread already your post will be ignored]

I wanted to start a thread where we can take suggestions as far as improvements go to the site. It is not completed nor is the server at 100% at this point and we are working towards that goal. There are a lot of scattered threads on the site (Mostly in the OT section) as far as suggestions to improve the place or put it back to the way it was, etc.

So, please put your suggestions in here. Please do so in a respectful and courteous manner or your post will be deleted. Communication works much better when you can be calm and to the point as opposed to using expletives and words like 'teh gay' all the time.

Multiple Styles/Themes - This is in the works, however we will not be attacking that until we get all the "other" bugs worked out that are not theme specific. Once we complete this theme and get it working 100% we'll have other color/theme options following that.

So, lets start things off with a list of suggestions/changes that you would like to see and we'll see what we can do.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 2011 Jeep Compass 4x4
Mods:
Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?
All the stuff on the left side of the page should be optional....
Old 10-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?
Get rid of the add on the left side of the sit, it throws the forum off for me, can we move em to top or bottom of the page.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 98 BMW 328is
Mods:
Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!
please for the love of jesus, give me back my photopost and please please oh please tell me you havent lost all those pics.

i had my canadian smiley in there.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: I dont own a car
Mods: fuck off
Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!
who are you?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
ekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
All the stuff on the left side of the page should be optional....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_DC5 View Post
Get rid of the add on the left side of the sit, it throws the forum off for me, can we move em to top or bottom of the page.
We are working on giving you the ability to turn off the entire left sidebar on the thread pages which is where it is probably most important. I hope to have that completed in the next 10 minutes.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 2011 Jeep Compass 4x4
Mods:
Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekool View Post
We are working on giving you the ability to turn off the entire left sidebar on the thread pages which is where it is probably most important. I hope to have that completed in the next 10 minutes.
that would be greatly appreciated, it's really a pain in the ass.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 98 civic ex, 05 lexus is300
Mods: b18b1 w/ gsr tranny; lexus-SRT intake & R-ECU
IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?
shut this place down if the originator can't have any say in what happens to his creation...
-Proverbs 16:31

"“The mark of great sportsmen is not how good they are at their best, but how good they are their worst.”
- Martina Navratilova

Old 10-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transparent View Post
who are you?
Myself and a couple other people were brought on board to upgrade the site to add features and fix a ton of security holes that were present in the old verison of VB. vBulletin is up to 3.6.8 -- the old site was running 3.0.X. The upgrade was a necessity and the older "templates" were not anywhere close to compatible with the new software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomhero View Post
please for the love of jesus, give me back my photopost and please please oh please tell me you havent lost all those pics.

i had my canadian smiley in there.
The photopost again was too old to work with the new software, so an upgrade is in the works. All the data and images are still there. It's on the todo list to get it back.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IISaiNtII View Post
shut this place down if the originator can't have any say in what happens to his creation...
imo shouldn't have sold it then, and if he asking us for imput on the site, I think he would listen to any imput Mike would have to give. But again when it comes to mod stuff, he did sell the site.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!
Quote:
Myself and a couple other people were brought on board to upgrade the site to add features and fix a ton of security holes that were present in the old verison of VB. vBulletin is up to 3.6.8 -- the old site was running 3.0.X. The upgrade was a necessity and the older "templates" were not anywhere close to compatible with the new software.

The photopost again was too old to work with the new software, so an upgrade is in the works. All the data and images are still there. It's on the todo list to get it back.
then i feel you all should have 2007 join dates. you're all new to the site. i dont want people to get the wrong idea and think that you actually have something to do with sho
Old 10-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lifeless Ninja

Car: 98 Civic LX
Mods: superhonda.com sticker
markeo you're still here?markeo you're still here?markeo you're still here?markeo you're still here?markeo you're still here?markeo you're still here?markeo you're still here?markeo you're still here?markeo you're still here?markeo you're still here?markeo you're still here?
Quote:
1. do you mean all the ads over there will be gone? cause first of all, why have ads at all if users have an option to get rid of them, and second, isnt that part of the plan to 'sell out' as people have said...we never had ads like this before...

2. also, i have to agree with dom to let everyone keep their old admin titles

3. just a general clean up, multiple links to the same page, two places welcoming you to the site and giving stats/last post/messages

4. i checked briefly, but is there a thread that anyone has posted giving any detail of what happened and why and what we can expect for the future from SHO?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaPPyDUgout01
A fucking + . By the powers invested in me by DOm Ben Ryan Di and Bags , you sir are now a Yo , Hold your head high fine sir. You are now one of us.

4 Doors are the best!!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
We will not discuss moderator/super moderator or admin issues in this thread.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeo View Post
1. do you mean all the ads over there will be gone? cause first of all, why have ads at all if users have an option to get rid of them, and second, isnt that part of the plan to 'sell out' as people have said...we never had ads like this before...

2. also, i have to agree with dom to let everyone keep their old admin titles

3. just a general clean up, multiple links to the same page, two places welcoming you to the site and giving stats/last post/messages

4. i checked briefly, but is there a thread that anyone has posted giving any detail of what happened and why and what we can expect for the future from SHO?
mike sold sho over a year and a half ago to modified mag. thats what happened. then he banned a lot of members. now a "redesign" to make sure that the new sho has nothing in common with the old sho
Old 10-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #15 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transparent View Post
then i feel you all should have 2007 join dates. you're all new to the site. i dont want people to get the wrong idea and think that you actually have something to do with sho
Why should I have a 2007 join date when I joined this site in 2002? Check out my userid #.

Just because someone does not post does not mean they don't lurk.