The official suggestion thread... - Page 3 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Superhonda.com Site Help

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 1997 civic ex
Mods: i/h/e/ si tails/02 si wheels/high flow cat/type r headlights/mp3/wma player/
d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?d16y8alltheway you're still here?
we should have an "introduction" thread. for noobs and stuff.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
ekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by IISaiNtII View Post
star1013fm.com CelebrityOrJoe.com and other i can't get back to just yet...
Those have been filtered, I think google takes about an hour to update the filter list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeo View Post
i understand, but there is a lot more here than there was say...a week ago, and at least then it was relevant to cars. 14 ads for avril and avril related sites are useless here. you probably dont have any control over what google puts on, so maybe the answer lies in who the ad spots are sold to

i will agree with both of these, and in addition, i kind of like the look (the pic at the top of the screen)

new themes would be nice, but i know that is not something you are dealing with right now.

just trying to show im not beating up on everything
No worries, I understand. There is going to be more advertising here then there was before, but the site was losing money before and had the trend continued we would have had to shut it down. It is the goal that we can keep the site in the black and at least keep it alive with hardware and software upgrades.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 97 civic ex
Mods: mez :ninja
dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!
i agree with christian

i think we should have members cars up there.. not cars that we know nothing about

Reppin Richmond

I DO NOT GET A VOTE.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 98 civic ex, 05 lexus is300
Mods: b18b1 w/ gsr tranny; lexus-SRT intake & R-ECU
IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?
thank you, actually, here's the list *i think* that has to do with all the avril shit:
http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...ava=true&hl=en
-Proverbs 16:31

"“The mark of great sportsmen is not how good they are at their best, but how good they are their worst.”
- Martina Navratilova

Old 10-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
ekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problemekool has a Rep problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by d16y8alltheway View Post
we should have an "introduction" thread. for noobs and stuff.
I agree, and it should be near the top of the forum list so its easy to spot. Should also contain some FAQ's and HowTo's (ie, search) to make everyones life easier

Quote:
there's a few of us here
I can see I'm pretty much brand agnostic, as long as its fast it probably interests me.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #36 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?Rob_DC5 you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekool View Post
I agree, and it should be near the top of the forum list so its easy to spot. Should also contain some FAQ's and HowTo's (ie, search) to make everyones life easier

I can see I'm pretty much brand agnostic, as long as its fast it probably interests me.
I think all guys share that trait, especially when it comes to women.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #37 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom yo View Post
i agree with christian

i think we should have members cars up there.. not cars that we know nothing about
I think we can introduce a random image into the header on the right. Remove most of the stuff thats there and have member car images featured.

A competition with picture submissions would be a good idea... with say the top 10 images selected getting a prize of some sort.

I'd be down for that.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #38 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_DC5 View Post
I think all guys share that trait, especially when it comes to women.
eh, I'll take intelligence over fast when it comes to women any day of the week

Unless I'm in a strip club. All bets are off.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #39 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!dom yo Bow down before me!
Quote:
I think we can introduce a random image into the header on the right. Remove most of the stuff thats there and have member car images featured.

A competition with picture submissions would be a good idea... with say the top 10 images selected getting a prize of some sort.

I'd be down for that.
alright cool

Reppin Richmond

I DO NOT GET A VOTE.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #40 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 98 civic ex, 05 lexus is300
Mods: b18b1 w/ gsr tranny; lexus-SRT intake & R-ECU
IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?IISaiNtII you're still here?
Quote:
couldn't agree more. i've got a pentium notebook, amd desktop. although the notebook wasn't by preference, but by cost. processor is good, alot of the other hardware is complete crap though. stay away from toshiba notebooks is all i can say. nothing but problems and BSOD's since i got this turd. and i'm in the middle of converting to FC6 at home, so half the time i'm pretty much out of a computer except when i'm at work.
-Proverbs 16:31

"“The mark of great sportsmen is not how good they are at their best, but how good they are their worst.”
- Martina Navratilova

Old 10-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #41 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Quote:

i think we should give premmies more features/less ads too

Reppin Richmond

I DO NOT GET A VOTE.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #42 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Mods: Altitude
hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!hotsauce_gm Bow down before me!
Quote:
I'm just a car nut who happens to be a computer geek as well. I have a bit of experience with forums (vbulletin) and a bit of unix so I've been brought on board to help out with some of the vertical scope sites.

As mentioned already I've been around a lot of the larger car forums for a LONG time. My first real forum that I called home was supraforums.com back in the day where I've been a member since 2001. That was not my first forum, just the first one I spent a lot of time at.
word, so are you planning on becoming a regular here or what?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
Ninja Matsume

Car: 99 Acura Integra GS-R
Mods: Short Ram Intake, MagnaFlow Cat, Greddy SP2 cat-back exhaust
Meso Teggy you're still here?Meso Teggy you're still here?Meso Teggy you're still here?Meso Teggy you're still here?Meso Teggy you're still here?Meso Teggy you're still here?Meso Teggy you're still here?Meso Teggy you're still here?Meso Teggy you're still here?Meso Teggy you're still here?Meso Teggy you're still here?
i actually like the user cp box on the left ....but the other shit needs to go....and the avril lavigne ads too
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaPPyDUgout01 View Post
x2, looks like she was shot in the face with a 12g whore gun
Old 10-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #44 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
couldn't agree more. i've got a pentium notebook, amd desktop. although the notebook wasn't by preference, but by cost. processor is good, alot of the other hardware is complete crap though. stay away from toshiba notebooks is all i can say. nothing but problems and BSOD's since i got this turd. and i'm in the middle of converting to FC6 at home, so half the time i'm pretty much out of a computer except when i'm at work.
We use PC's for servers (sun boxes mostly) running freebsd... but as far as workstations and such I've been all apple for the past 4 or 5 years.

The power of unix and a good desktop OS together -- tough to beat.

Just my 2c.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #45 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 98 BMW 328is
Mods:
Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!Randomhero Bow down before me!
Quote:

you sound like my kind of nig.