Should we have a health/medical forum? - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Superhonda.com Site Help

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Should we have a health/medical forum?
Yes 16 48.48%
No 17 51.52%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
dogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddess
Should we have a health/medical forum?

It was suggested a few days ago that we should have a health/medical forum for when people have questions about medical stuff. I can't remember who suggested it but it seemed like a good idea to me.

Do you guys think a health/medical forum would be a good idea?

edit: this is my 3600th post :w00t
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2005, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: I dont own a car
Mods: fuck off
Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!Transparent Bow down before me!
sounds like a good idea to me. that way important stuff thats medical related wont get lost in OT
Old 03-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
 is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold
no it would just be crazzy it would turn into a sextopic kinda thign
 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Samurai

Car: Duece and a half
Mods: .50 cal
h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?h22lude Why haven't you checked into rep rehab yet?
i dont know if thats such a good idea. Little things like what to do for a cold is alright, but real medical/health topics should be discussed with healthcare professionals
Old 03-01-2005, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
 is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22lude
i dont know if thats such a good idea. Little things like what to do for a cold is alright, but real medical/health topics should be discussed with healthcare professionals
 is offline  
Old 03-01-2005, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 99 Civic EX 5-spd
Mods: lasers
tqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22lude

Someone gives bad advice and someone gets hurt and SHO gets the lawsuit. Plus people here get pissed and produce a record breaking flame fest

"leave a comment if you want to be equal or greater to that of a hamster wheel"
Old 03-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 2005 Evolution MR
Mods:
akemi27 is a jewel in the roughakemi27 is a jewel in the roughakemi27 is a jewel in the rough
i think we should have a health forum but not medical...that's weird who suggested the medical part?
Old 03-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 2005 Mazda 6i (i miss my teg :()
Mods: xxx
95integrars you're still here?95integrars you're still here?95integrars you're still here?95integrars you're still here?95integrars you're still here?95integrars you're still here?95integrars you're still here?95integrars you're still here?95integrars you're still here?95integrars you're still here?95integrars you're still here?
yeah i think its a good idea.

| 2005 Mazda6 i |
Old 03-01-2005, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
dogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddess
I mean for questions like my Lasik question. Put a sticky at the top of the forum that says if this is a serious medical issue to discuss it with your doctor but for general advice like I have a cold or the flu or a canker sore what should I do.

I would hope that most of the members here would have a bit more sense than to log on to SHO when they are having a heart attack or a storke but for general health questions I think it may be a good idea
Old 03-01-2005, 08:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
SH Virus

Car: 2008 Mercedes C300
Mods: Nothing
Da|2kZe|2o has a Rep problemDa|2kZe|2o has a Rep problemDa|2kZe|2o has a Rep problemDa|2kZe|2o has a Rep problemDa|2kZe|2o has a Rep problemDa|2kZe|2o has a Rep problemDa|2kZe|2o has a Rep problemDa|2kZe|2o has a Rep problemDa|2kZe|2o has a Rep problemDa|2kZe|2o has a Rep problemDa|2kZe|2o has a Rep problem
i think its a good idea for advice on lil flu symptons and small injuries. Giving advice on medical and health issues it just the same thing as giving advice about how to fix your car cept for that its ur own body and not a machine. Its just advice, as long as its not stupid ones that can put ur life at risk. But i dont think its a good idea for major issues like diseases and major fractures or injuries.

"Today I Will Do What You Wont. So Tomorrow I Can Do What You Can't"
Old 03-01-2005, 08:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
blondied has much to be proud ofblondied has much to be proud ofblondied has much to be proud ofblondied has much to be proud ofblondied has much to be proud ofblondied has much to be proud ofblondied has much to be proud ofblondied has much to be proud ofblondied has much to be proud of
why not?!
Old 03-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Black Hole

Car: 2001 PRELUDE 5spd
Mods: Short Ram Intake, Neuspeed Sport Springs, LEAN true short shifter, VAFC, VIS oem style cf hood
5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?
too many forums already....

webmd is yourfriend.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Type-S Member

tqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant futuretqhx has a brilliant future
true man what if you go get lasik and it DOESNT work. If you were a dick you would blame us. And either way we would all feel like dicks even if you werent a dick about it

Old 03-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
Quote:
Originally Posted by logikal x
true man what if you go get lasik and it DOESNT work. If you were a dick you would blame us. And either way we would all feel like dicks even if you werent a dick about it
people are going to ask medical type questions anyway it just seems like there have been alot on here lately and maybe a health/medical forum would help organize it better.

lack of a medical forum didn't stop me from asking about lasik, it didn't stop someone else from asking about wisdom teeth and if you recall it didn't stop boosted from asking about a lump on his nuts before he went to the dr about it.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogyamissedit
people are going to ask medical type questions anyway it just seems like there have been alot on here lately and maybe a health/medical forum would help organize it better.

lack of a medical forum didn't stop me from asking about lasik, it didn't stop someone else from asking about wisdom teeth and if you recall it didn't stop boosted from asking about a lump on his nuts before he went to the dr about it.

True man but this is a Honda forum and there are a lot of off topic areas. If they just keep making all these subforums it wont even be a honda forum anymore. Just a big general web community. OT is good for this stuff, and health questions in OT arent necessarily promoted by SHO, thus its safer for the owner and members, as well as it doesnt make SHO into something other than what it was created to be